Hi Everyone -

Just wanted to share a brief update that we moved to a new editor for our forums with the Rich Editor experience (previously WYSIWYG). We believe this will provide a better experience for all forum visitors in the long run. If you are interested in learning more about the new editor, please visit the URL below.

And please let us know if you find any bugs/issues with the new editor by emailing us at [email protected] and we will pass along this feedback to the team.

Thank you!

https://blog.vanillaforums.com/rich-editor-enhancing-your-forum-posting-experience

Tech issue - Deadpool Daily message takes a seemingly long time to pop up [Fixed in R184]

JSP869JSP869 Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
I'm not sure if others are experiencing this issue.  I'm playing on a Galaxy S8+ running Android 9.

Every day when I open Deadpool Daily, before I can select any of its nodes the game lags for what feels like a very long time. Sometimes 5-10 seconds, sometimes a lot longer, before the Deadpool Daily message-of-the-day pops up.

It only happens once at the start of the "day" when the Deadpool Daily has reset because that's the only time that message-of-the-day is shown.

I'm posting because that message never used to take this long to appear.

It used to appear almost immediately, within a second or two of opening Deadpool Daily. Now it takes a very, very long time (comparatively speaking) and I cannot do anything in the game until the message appears and I can dismiss it.

I can switch to another App and switch back to MPQ, and have done so on some occasions because I wasn't sure if MPQ had crashed because the message-of-the-day was taking so long to appear.  MPQ was still working though because the little animations on each icon were still doing their thing; it was just the message-of-the-day was taking a loooooong time to appear.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• KGBKGB Posts: 912 Critical Contributor
    Happens on my Galaxy S9+ too. Probably started a few weeks ago.

I assume the new MPQ engine release on Monday will fix this issue (push data from the server).

KGB
  • BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,738 Site Admin
    Hi @JSP869 Is that issue still occurring on the new R184 engine?

• JSP869JSP869 Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Hi @Brigby No, it's not only not occurring now with R184, but the message of the day is popping up incredibly fast now. Likewise with the News pop-ups. They popped in really quickly, and disappeared very quickly when I dismissed them, too.

Definitely liking this change.