How good are 3* Human Torch & Cyclops?

Options
Hungryzombie
Hungryzombie Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
Hi everyone,

My 3* Roster is pretty deep. I just got my first 3* Cyclops and Human Torch and I'm wondering if they are worth the hero slot unlocks. I don't want to sell them if they are incredibly awesome.

Thanks!

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Neither is awesome (as in a T10 3* character).

Of the two, 3 Cyclops is better because both his Red and Black are powerful nukes able to 1 shot most enemies in 3* land and his Yellow self accelerates his Red and often gets you cascades.

KGB
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cyclops will also be boosted in certain events guaranteed (Apocalypse for example).

Torch is all about speed but if you have played the 2* version you have played the 3* version. MPQ was quite lazy in the old days with character design...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you can, you should Roster them anyhow. You'll need them for Essential nodes, DDQ, etc.
    That said, they're both solid, but not amazing. Upper half of the tier, but not at the very top.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They are both good. I'll disagree with KGB that Cyclops is definitely within the top 10 3*, though probably not in the top 5. 

Cyclops probably has the most powerful red nuke in 3* land. Meanwhile, Torch's is more efficient, dealing damage at a lower cost.

My vote is keep them both if you can.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jacklag said:
    They are both good. I'll disagree with KGB that Cyclops is definitely within the top 10 3*, though probably not in the top 5. 

Cyclops probably has the most powerful red nuke in 3* land. Meanwhile, Torch's is more efficient, dealing damage at a lower cost.

Actually IM40's Red does more (costs more too but he self accelerates better). The problem with 3Cyc is that IM40 overlaps 2 of his 3 colors and IM40's Yellow is so much more valuable than 3Cyc's. So even if he is a T10 character, you won't ever use him over IM40 unless he's boosted. So he should be a lower priority than someone else in 3* land that gives you some other valuable skill / completes a rainbow team.

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Clops does give you decent board control options and cascade potential between his red and yellow. I was always more enamored with special tile based teams over direct damage teams given my playstyle, so I didn't use him a ton. I was on that Fist/Cage/Falcon or Fist/Cage/Switch train as often as not. Then when I got my first 4* champ that happened to be Medusa, I was on that Medusa/Patch play-up combo.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2019
    Options
    KGB said:
    Jacklag said:

Actually IM40's Red does more (costs more too but he self accelerates better). The problem with 3Cyc is that IM40 overlaps 2 of his 3 colors and IM40's Yellow is so much more valuable than 3Cyc's. So even if he is a T10 character, you won't ever use him over IM40 unless he's boosted. So he should be a lower priority than someone else in 3* land that gives you some other valuable skill / completes a rainbow team.

KGB
    I can agree on that, IM40 is better, but Cyclops is a decent substitute. Plus his recharge may let his fire his blast on the same turn if team-up tiles are correctly aligned.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cyclops is better, but don't sell Human Torch.  Once you have a 2* farm going, you'll be getting 3 3* HT every time you max out 2* HT....
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cyclops is much better than Torch.  Keep both though as you will want to have every 3* champed at some point