Bishop's "General Reserves" power can generate far more than 14 blue AP [Investigating]

Options
jamesh
jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

From a read of Bishop's "General Reserves" power, it sounds like he should be able to generate blue AP only up to 14 blue AP at a maximum, since that is 5 AP higher than the point where the power transforms to "Energy Conversion". In practice, I've seen Bishop generate far more than this: sometimes as much as 30 blue AP.  I've seen this happen when playing with Bishop on my own team, and when Bishop is on the enemy team.

The problem is that while the AP gain from "General Reserves" is instant, the flip to "Energy Conversion" is delayed until the start of the Bishop team's turn. If a cascade occurs, Bishop may gain AP multiple times far in excess of what a reading of the power would indicate.

If the power transformed to "Energy Conversion" instantly upon reaching 10+ blue AP, it would still be formidable without being excessive.

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @jamesh
    I believe I understand the point you are trying to make, but, with the current description for Bishop's powers, everything is functioning as described, correct?

The issue you are bringing up is more of a suggestion and not a bug. Would that be accurate?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    @jamesh
    I believe I understand the point you are trying to make, but, with the current description for Bishop's powers, everything is functioning as described, correct?

The issue you are bringing up is more of a suggestion and not a bug. Would that be accurate?
    Uh, no, with the current description of his powers I'd also say it's a bug, because it does *not* do what it describes.

The power description:
    With every injury, Bishop grows stronger. If Bishop takes (amount) or more damage, gain (Y) blue AP. If Bishop has 10 or more blue AP, this power becomes Energy Conversion.
    The first step (gain AP when taking damage) works. But the second stap happens long after Bishop has already collected 10 AP.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @DeNappa
    @jamesh
    My apologies. So the power description would be correct if, "At the start of the turn" was added before the start of the second condition? 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A wording change or a behaviour change would work.  While I love playing Bishop, the current behaviour seems crazy, which is why it seemed more like a bug in the behaviour.