Mysterio's Shield Training loaner node is TERRIBLE

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
I have complimented your team when they do a great job, and I did so with Prowler's Shield Training event. That was a GREAT Shield Training node.
But whoever chose the characters for Mysterio's Shield Training loaner node should NEVER be allowed to set the teams ever again.
Pairing Mysterio, a character with a passive that destroys your Blue AP when you have a certain amount, with Peggy Carter, a character who needs more Blue AP to stun and nuke the enemy team?
I'm a 5-star player with almost every single 4* a Champion (with quite a few 4*s above 300) and I had to beat this node by using a Whales! team up. If I had not, I would have lost the match, because with Mysterio destroying my Blue AP and preventing Peggy from doing her thing, it felt more like a handicap 2 v 4 match.
This was a TERRIBLE loaner node and a terrible way to promote the newest 4* in the game.  The only thing I took away from this node is that I am NOT going to be in a hurry to get any more covers for Mysterio than I need to get him to 209 so I can very begrudgingly use him for the next Shield Training event.

//Removed Insult -Brigby

Comments

• PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Agree agree agree... 4 attempts and I can’t get it finished and no one else in my casual alliance has made it either
    truly pathetic
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Did it in one go. Relying on a borrowed Peggy and Mysterio! Not hard really, just collected red and hit the right opponents ;)
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Did it first time and without even noticing that it was particularly difficult. Mysterio’s traps did most of the work. Peggy never fired any of her powers and IW only used her yellow.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feliz said:
    Did it in one go. Relying on a borrowed Peggy and Mysterio! Not hard really, just collected red and hit the right opponents ;)
    Red and green did it for me. Plus, there was enough purple and yellow lying around that most or all of my team was invisible most of the time.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    His shield training was fine but it's quite slow. Domino (4/4/5) was making the board drop a lot of black tiles, which Mysterio's team has zero use for. So, she was the first one to be taken down.

I was focusing on chasing Green, followed by purple and then yellow.

I have played his shield training thrice and his invisibility is pretty awesome because he's as good as invisible for the rest of the match. There are some supports that increase the damage of invisible characters by a huge amount (5000++).

Match-4 that destroy his trap tile doesn't deal damage, which I assume is a bug. 

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

Match-4 that destroy his trap tile doesn't deal damage, which I assume is a bug.

Yeah, there's a thread about it in the Bugs forum.