Prowler's Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. node

Options
JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
I want to praise whoever designed Prowler's loaner node in his S.H.I.E.L.D. Training event. 

Prowler demonstrated great synergy with Dazzler and Medusa, and together they worked very well against Blade, Storm, and Spider-Man.

This is my favorite of all of the loaner nodes (so far) and whoever designed it should (IMHO :wink: ) be put in charge of ALL future S.H.I.E.L.D. Training events.

This is how you showcase a new 4* to maximum effect.

Comments

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Options

Sometimes it feels like th mysterious Devs play their own game!  Not all the time, but some times...

• BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It drives me INSANE when they don't pair new release characters with complimentary teammates to show off what they can do.  It's your tinykitty product, take any opportunity to show it in the best light to help create demand.  

Pet peeve of mine for years.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was pretty good, but he would shine better with Carnage and Medusa against Blade and 3*Cage. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought this too. Carol is also a good choice to go with Dazzler and Medusa, too.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought this too. Carol is also a good choice to go with Dazzler and Medusa, too.
    If I have all three of the Characters at 209+, I like to use the three of them as my team for all 12 of the top nodes. This was one where they really went together nicely.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had this same thought.  It's better thought out across the board in this one IMO.  The individual ones with Dazzler and Medusa have a lot of tile generators.  I also beat the first prowler node without any boosts, that might be a first.  Only happened cause they picked 4* Rocket & Groot and I got the purple cover.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree with BH. They should always show new releases in the best possible light so people will feel compelled to spend money to cover them. If your first taste of a character is an arduous chore, why pursue that character? Why empty the HP coffers buying out their store and shield hopping a million times to earn covers in PvP? 
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree with OP. Whoever designed this shield training did a bang up job, it made me want a leveled up Prowler. Thank you. 

I hope this is able to continue in the future. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree too. I can't remember when was the last time I was trying to keep the enemy's team alive instead of trying to keeping the new 4* alive. There was awesome synergy flowing with this team of Medusa, Dazzler and Prowler.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Too bad i matched three fortified enemy strike tiles. They switched to friendly strike tiles and then matched away ... 
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't believe this team was designed to show synergy. I think this time it just has synergies by accident, which will happen from time to time.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Apologies as this is slightly off topic but linking into the idea of showcasing characters, is there any reason why we can't have loaner 5* to try out? Dr. Strange in Strange Sights is an exception to the rule but proves it can be done.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’ve come to echo the overall sentiment. A good selection of characters on both sides to show off what Prowler can do. It’s a shame that having good synergy on that team is the exception rather than the rule because I enjoyed this top node of shield training very much. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    St1nkf1st said:
    I don't believe this team was designed to show synergy. I think this time it just has synergies by accident, which will happen from time to time.
    Which is sad if that is the case.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unless I and others are wrong, all ST’s have the exact same nodes and enemies (except for the bottom row).

That said, he does work well with Dazzler and Medusa.  I don’t know how flexible they are being with the essential ST selections.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The loaner node in Deadpool vs MPQ had nice synergy too, it was fun matching away Luke Cage's fortified defense tiles so Prowler could steal them and Doc Ock got to make an Attack tile.