VIP Membership auto-renew failed in game, but D3 took my money. [Fixed]

2»

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. The fix was to prevent players in the future from encountering that issue. If you encountered this issue before the fix though, then you'll still need to reach out to our Customer Support team to have them manually fix it.

Since this unfortunately is a manual process though, this may take a bit longer than usual to resolve, so thank you all for your patience and understanding.
  • bobby_2613
    bobby_2613 Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Thanks @Brigby.  It's been 2 weeks since my ticket was opened. TBH, I was about to lose patience, I was really thinking about cancelling it and ask a refund to Play store.  :/
  • PagosVolkor
    PagosVolkor Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    As long as we get the proper rewards and aren’t charged the full 30 for less than thirty days of master vip status. 
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    🦗’s .....
  • wengerx
    wengerx Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Restore purchases didn't work either. No VIP status still, and no interaction from filing tickets. Lower than advertised VIP rewards. Pretty poor...
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    The faqs says this:

Mana Jewels Cashback for Members
    Free Mana Jewels are granted to purchases made above USD $10 inside the app.  This will be equivalent to 2 Mana Jewels for each dollar spent on IAP above that value. The price varies from region to region but is based on the dollar value. The total of Mana Jewels granted is presented when the player sees the content of the bundle, indicated on the right side in a different coloring.

It does not say on SOME purchases above USD $10. I have not received jewels on purchases of Crystal's but according to this FAQ I should. 

Have not received my day 28 VIP rewards yet but I did get a message in response to my ticket that my level rewards had been adjusted? My ticket said absolutely nothing about level rewards and yet some how that was the response I got. Does anyone even read the tickets? Is it just some sort of horrible automated system?

My membership renewed but i didnt get initial rewards... that's cool I guess? Still at VIP level 1 despite 2 VIP payments. 

I feel like I am in an abusive relationship or something here. MTGPQ beats me daily but I stay with him cause I love him and someday he will change. 
  • PagosVolkor
    I really don’t want to pester, but this is thirty dollars some of us are considering missing right now. Would it be possible to get an estimate of how many accounts there are to manually upgrade and how many the team has gotten through?
    @Brigby
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    So it looks like there are several other burning questions in this thread, so I'll try to answer as many and as efficiently as I can in this comment:

Different Weekly Rewards Than Displayed In-Game
    In the 3.5 update, we changed the way VIP rewards are distributed, however the total rewards are still the same. Post-3.5, more rewards are given out in the weekly rewards, instead of upon initial renew or purchase of VIP. Players that started a VIP subscription BEFORE 3.5 though will still encounter the old distribution model until they renew their subscription, since they already received rewards that followed the old model. (In other words, those players are grandfathered into the old distribution model until they renew)

My VIP Tier Didn't Increase
    If you are on the Basic plan and you renew and continue the Basic plan, it is intentional that your VIP Tier does not increase. If you downgrade from a plan, that will not increase your VIP Tier either. If those scenarios don't apply to you though, then I'd recommend sending in a Customer Support ticket for our team to investigate further. Please be sure to also include any receipts you may have to verify your VIP purchases, as this will help expedite the process.

I Renewed But Didn't Get VIP Nor Rewards
    This issue should be fixed now, however players that encountered this issue will still need to send in a Customer Support ticket, so that they can credit you the rewards you should have received upon renewal. When submitting a ticket, please make sure to inform the team that you were one of the individuals that tried to renew it PRIOR to the fix, and therefore will need further assistance.

I hope that helps provide a bit more clarity, and thank you all so much for your patience and understanding.
  • Mcclaine
    Mcclaine Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Brigby said:

I Renewed But Didn't Get VIP Nor Rewards
    This issue should be fixed now, however players that encountered this issue will still need to send in a Customer Support ticket, so that they can credit you the rewards you should have received upon renewal. When submitting a ticket, please make sure to inform the team that you were one of the individuals that tried to renew it PRIOR to the fix, and therefore will need further assistance.
    @Brigby Thanks for the post. I submitted a ticket in game the day of maintenance to fix the xp rewards from the week before, and response yesterday asking if my problem was resolved.  
    I responded an hour later reiterating that my problem wasn’t fixed, explained the behavior, and haven’t heard from them since. 
    I’m open to the idea that support is busy and I sympathize, but is there anything that can be done to get a second response before they are done with their shift today or will I and others have to wait a bit longer. 
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    So I finally after a week got a response from support. They tell me I didnt get my 28 day rewards because I had been credited with them earlier in the week. Apparently I also got my day one rewards for my second VIP month earlier in that same week. So according to support I got both my 28 day rewards and my second VIP day 1 rewards prior to my 28th day on VIP one and I'm just to dense to have noticed how they distributed them. Or at least that's what their records show and I can just bugger off. Still no response on why I'm still VIP level 1 and have been charged twice for master level VIP. 

One silver lining from this is that in the future I will be able to look at any horrible customer service I receive and say to myself "at least it's not as bad MTGPQ customer service". The department of motor vehicles customer service has never looked so good. 
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    “If you downgrade from a plan, that will not increase your VIP Tier either.“

What!

So, if downgrading from Master to Pro, VIP Tier stays at 1?! Why?
  • Mahric
    Mahric Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    My pro package renewed today and I received TWO new cards and a few gems and crystals. I don’t know if that is correct or not, but I was very disappointed and have cancelled my subscription.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Mahric said:
    My pro package renewed today and I received TWO new cards and a few gems and crystals. I don’t know if that is correct or not, but I was very disappointed and have cancelled my subscription.
    LOL, the cards are spread over the 28 days now, you better un-cancel
  • Mahric
    edited June 2019
    Thanks soultwist  :) I'm guessing I can still renew if it turns out to be worthwhile, but I've been looking forward to this for a month, counting down the days, and was very disappointed. Correction: it wasn't PRO, it was the Master package. Maybe I've been caught by the switch from the old distribution model, but I've literally had nothing of significance since the initial burst of rewards when I signed up.
  • PagosVolkor
    I’m beginning to have a hard time accepting this as an issue. Because tomorrow is Saturday. Which means if nothing goes through, some of us will be going a week with out a product we paid for. And I’m afraid that we are only going to get the remainder of our cup for the month. And not everything we’ve missed while we’ve been waiting.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Mahric said:
    Thanks soultwist  :) I'm guessing I can still renew if it turns out to be worthwhile, but I've been looking forward to this for a month, counting down the days, and was very disappointed. Correction: it wasn't PRO, it was the Master package. Maybe I've been caught by the switch from the old distribution model, but I've literally had nothing of significance since the initial burst of rewards when I signed up.
    OK, at first I thought there was some concern that if you cancelled you didn't keep the weekly rewards (seems weird maybe it was just misinformation) But i see the FAQ clearly states "Each membership plan lasts as long as contracted and does not end immediately if canceled"

So carry on
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    soultwist said:
    Mahric said:
    OK, at first I thought there was some concern that if you cancelled you didn't keep the weekly rewards (seems weird maybe it was just misinformation) But i see the FAQ clearly states "Each membership plan lasts as long as contracted and does not end immediately if canceled"

So carry on
    It even states that on apples store side when canceling any plan that it goes till the time bought is used up
  • Mahric
    It’s been a week since I renewed my VIP Master plan. Last week was a huge disappointment, but now that I’ve received my first batch of rewards I’m feeling a lot happier about it. If the next couple of weeks are anything like today, I’m definitely going to renew the subscription. 
  • Raistlin
    Raistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Make sure to check your app accounts.
    I was charged for another months subscription however had cancelled a while ago and didn’t have any active subscriptions.

Not only was I charged again, but nothing from the vip package was given to me in the game. So they knew that I had cancelled, but was still charged anyway. They charged me over a week ago.

I reported it to Apple with screenshots and they refunded me the “purchase”.

• PagosVolkor
    Another month. And another vip membership not renewed and still charged. Please don’t take a week and a half to fix our renewals this tine.