Brigby, pls help! B4T last recharge 1am & end 7am here. A Serious Plea for our health and sanity.

Options
NickBKK
NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
edited June 2019 in MtGPQ General Discussion
@Brigby Please, I am desperately begging for your help to improve the recharging time interval/ending time of coalition events. From where I am (UTC+7) , B4T event last recharge will happen at 1am, and end at 7am on Monday morning. 

We all have real lives and work to take care. We want to play but at what cost. Missing out on sleep and having to worry about clearing the last recharge while trying to get ready on Monday morning is seriously affecting our real life quality and health. 

I know you can do better and make some changes to help us if you care. For example, Because the event end times will be different around the world, you could allow a wider time window of 12 hours for people to clear the final recharge. So instead of giving us 1 recharge at every 6 hour, you might give us 2 recharge every 12 hours instead.

Please please do something to help us. I beg you. Thank you very much.

Nick

Comments

• Mahric
    Mahric Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    That’s a really good idea Nick! Even if it’s just at the end of events - a double charge on the second last recharge would give us 12-16 hours to clear, depending on the event.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    At first glance it seems that everything is designed to make you come back often like a lot of games generally are, same with 6 hours free packs and a daily reward with a focus on not missing any.  In a vacuum this seems like smart game development.   BUT there is nothing in the game like ads to derive any value from it so why do it, especially with these events?  I suppose you could argue the packages for purchase, but they rotate WEEKLY, I can't imaging seeing the same packages already seen all the time benefits from these recharge times
  • soultwist
    Options
    I cant believe that this hasn't got more traction from the user community.  Is it just because everyone assumes this is beating a dead horse and no way they change?  Everyone is cool with their coalition  members in Europe having the last charge of this new event in the middle of the night?

It's ****.  The only good reason they can have for keeping it like this is its so ingrained in the code they cant change it, but this would be much welcomed development.  But if Trial of the Planes can grant X games I'm sure you can figure something out.

• Mcclaine
    Mcclaine Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    It sucks, but I'm not sure what can be done about it. If events had region specific timers then the ranks would be scored wrong.
    You could have a layover while waiting for other regions to finish the event at a time convenient for them, but I'm not sure that's realistic.I
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its not just Europe.  I'm on the East coast of the US and every weekday event has a final refresh at midnight and finishes at 6am.  I've lost more rewards due to sleeping through the final charge than literally anything else in this game. 

That's one of the reason's I've mostly stopped playing lately too.  No point in grinding out wins if I am literally unable to stay perfect because of timing.
  • soultwist
    Options
    if bracket is full AND event time remaining >12 hours; then open all charges

This would we one welcome example.  Prevents the late joiner thing, get in early and play at your own life schedule.

If this is not feasible a second option would be the double charge as stated above.

Third, set a max charges, so if you still want to give them out every 8 hours (ditch the 6, seriously)  last charge hits at 09:00, then end the event at 21:00

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    Options
    There should be more time after the last cahrge in order that players from different parts of the world could play all available charges.

12 hours plus, after last charge would be enough.

@Oktagon_Daiane, @Brigby   I now that this is a problem for you because the code has no max charges but you should implement it if you want to continue with the nonsense charges system (just to get us connected every few hours). 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

This topic has been repeated over and over again. The RaW event last recharge was at midnight exactly for me with only 4 hours to play until the event ended. That's just plain stupid.

@Brigby: I propose to make this the new focus item for the next update. Having events end at (recharge time) - 2 hours is nonsense and unhealthy for people. I thought that the developers were focusing on quality of life improvements? This is 100 steps back!

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It goes in waves. I live on the west coast of the US for almost a full year every event ended at 1am, and I just determined for that entire time that I just wasn't going to fully complete any event.

So while I can sympathize for the issue, there's literally no way they can set the times for the event and not upset somebody.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    Options
    soultwist said:
    I cant believe that this hasn't got more traction from the user community.  Is it just because everyone assumes this is beating a dead horse and no way they change?  Everyone is cool with their coalition  members in Europe having the last charge of this new event in the middle of the night?

No, it's because many of us who have been playing since the start of the game have argued and proposed solutions for this exact thing for the last three years and never been given the time of day.
    I'm all for it, but there's only so many times I can beat my head against a brick wall.

• Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've argued for this on several occasions over the years.  It's still a problem which has a major negative impact on the competitive scene.  On casual players, probably not so much.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ok, then we should keep this thread up!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't even count how often this has been brought up. It's a really simple request, all possible solutions have been on the table. A fix is long overdue. But I'm in the same boat as @Volrak and @madwren - you'll get tired repeating yourself over and over again.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can't even count how often this has been brought up. It's a really simple request, all possible solutions have been on the table. A fix is long overdue. But I'm in the same boat as @Volrak and @madwren - you'll get tired repeating yourself over and over again.
    What he said.
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Insanity is this discussion. Until the devs actually speak up on why they didn’t implement your suggestions everything is pure conjecture. I’m sure it is more about business sense and getting a certain amount of logins every so many hours to help
    show the over all health of a game? Even if it is wrong and many corporate decisions are, I doubt they will make sure everyone has adequate sleep schedules if it hurts a metric for their app.
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Count my vote in. I'd like to get better end times for all players during each event. Every solution that makes that last charge attainable for all players is better than what we have now. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stalker said:
    Insanity is this discussion. Until the devs actually speak up on why they didn’t implement your suggestions everything is pure conjecture. I’m sure it is more about business sense and getting a certain amount of logins every so many hours to help
    show the over all health of a game? Even if it is wrong and many corporate decisions are, I doubt they will make sure everyone has adequate sleep schedules if it hurts a metric for their app.

The weird thing is, let's say--picking an arbitrary number here--that playing the final refresh of RaW takes a person 30 minutes; 10 minutes a game, 3 games.

Thus, this refresh time means that hundreds/thousands of players are spending 30 minutes less in the game than they would have otherwise.

As with many other things, it's an example of how the devs seem to want to encourage a model that causes people NOT to play their game.

• Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ok just thought of something. Since it is such an across the board issue for all those that play mobile games and not just this one, and actions speak louder than words. 
    I suggest that everyone send a support ticket in every time an event closes during an insane hour. Maybe then when they see how many people are being displeased by this they may take action. But since this so far has not hurt their bottom line like other fixes they actually moved to and seem unable to link quality of life to happiness with the app, this may be a decent way to show them. 
    remember; many in here say you have been complaining for a long time on this and seen no acknowledgement of it. Think about that. And ask what is it you can do to help change that. 
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is just such an easy thing to have fixed YEARS ago. I don't understand the obstinance.