Brigby, pls help! B4T last recharge 1am & end 7am here. A Serious Plea for our health and sanity.

Options

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WiLDRAGE said:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Give me all charges upfront at the start of the event.

When I log in to play, I can play NOW; 4 hours from now, I may be busy, but I'm available NOW so let me play as much as I want NOW.  Not later.
    This almost definitely won't happen, sadly.  Repeated logins is pretty important for mobile apps, so letting you do a weekend's worth of stuff on a Friday night isn't super helpful.

Also, and it's been said before, doing this would cause a number of players to clear all their battles quickly and then be stuck with nothing to do for the rest of the event's run.  Obviously that would be their fault, but its still a feel-bad moment that the devs would rather avoid risking.

The easiest solution is the most commonly proposed one that gives 12 hours between the last node refresh and the end of the event instead of the current 6.  But that's been proposed dozens of times over the years and its never even been acknowledged by anyone official.  So it'll probably remain as is for whatever reason forever.
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    WiLDRAGE said:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Give me all charges upfront at the start of the event.

When I log in to play, I can play NOW; 4 hours from now, I may be busy, but I'm available NOW so let me play as much as I want NOW.  Not later.
    I support this idea, but AT A MINIMUM there should be a 12-hour period to play after the last charge. There is no excuse for this, it solves everybody's immediate problem of time zones. Perhaps a marriage of the two would be to release the charges at the beginning of each day for that day.

Allow us to play this game in our own time. 
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    WiLDRAGE said:

I support this idea, but AT A MINIMUM there should be a 12-hour period to play after the last charge. There is no excuse for this, it solves everybody's immediate problem of time zones. Perhaps a marriage of the two would be to release the charges at the beginning of each day for that day.

Allow us to play this game in our own time. 
    Devs: all your charges are belong to us
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    WiLDRAGE said:

This almost definitely won't happen, sadly.  Repeated logins is pretty important for mobile apps, so letting you do a weekend's worth of stuff on a Friday night isn't super helpful.

I think your correct with the statement but for the life of me I can't think of any reason why it would be important for this game.  There are no ads, there are no sales or specials that rotate frequently, they don't even rotate daily.

The only thing repeated logins drives is network/server usage on their end.  PLUS, they already have the daily gift and the 6 hour boosters to get people coming back.  (And those actually make you go see something that is on sale)

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So since it's a relevant issue, and seems related.... Emergency Ordinances this week had this exact problem for some of us not in Europe...

Living in California, the last charge was at 1am and the event ended at 7am. On a weeknight.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @Brigby@Oktagon_Daiane I will pop up this thread until we get a solution.

Next Ravnica at war in july will finish again during night hours in europe. It seems that we are not going to be able to complete any of them

As a lot of us have proposed the easiest solution is to give us 12 hours between the last node refresh and the end of the event instead of 6. 

This is an old issue, give us a solution. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rafalele said:
    @Brigby@Oktagon_Daiane I will pop up this thread until we get a solution.

Next Ravnica at war in july will finish again during night hours in europe. It seems that we are not going to be able to complete any of them

As a lot of us have proposed the easiest solution is to give us 12 hours between the last node refresh and the end of the event instead of 6. 

Rather, we've given you a solution, just find a way to implement it and stop randomly punishing a significant proportion of your playerbase during major events.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't you think it's a bit odd that there hasn't been a response to this thread? @Brigby: Can you please at least confirm that this is on the dev's radar? The next RaW event is already scheduled again (in 8 days!). Please don't mess with our sleep again.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Machine said:
    Don't you think it's a bit odd that there hasn't been a response to this thread? @Brigby: Can you please at least confirm that this is on the dev's radar? The next RaW event is already scheduled again (in 8 days!). Please don't mess with our sleep again.
    Nope, not odd at all.  This thread has popped up many times over the years and has almost never gotten any official response.  They tend to ignore queries they don't feel like addressing
  • rafalele
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @Brigby@Oktagon_Daiane I will pop up this thread every monday until we get a solution.

You have a charge system to make as loging in the game many times during the event length that do not allow us to play every charge. It is against us and against you.

Next Ravnica at war in the next weekend will finish again during night hours in europe. It seems that we are not going to be able to complete any of them.

• ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Crazy idea, change 6 hour refreshes to 12 hour refreshes that give 2 charges at once. Change 8 hour ones to 16 hours and give 2 charges at once. This leaves 10 hours and 14 hours after the final refresh to finish the game. Unless you sleep like 16 hours a day, you should be able to get your games in.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think I'm a bit late to re-mention my idea here, but events like this B4T and the occasional weekend Nodes of Power (which start at the same timeframe) is a sign that the old replenishing node system for events is no longer a good idea, or at least, 8-hour recharge time is no longer a good idea.

For me personally, I'd rather that the recharging system is disposed of completely, and just adopt the Trials of the Planes nodes system where all nodes start with full charges and there is NO recharge. That will allow everyone to play at their leisure at least, even if at the same time I also wish the number of total nodes to play for each 2-day event is reduced as well (30+ games in just 2 days repeatedly has gotten stupidly unbearable)
  • Wafflesauce
    Wafflesauce Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've written, advocated, and begged for this many, many times.
    I've had to quit playing competitively for the second time - if this wasn't an issue, I very likely wouldn't have quit.
    I spend money when I'm playing competitively, I don't when I'm not playing competitively.
    I've given up hope on them ever fixing this problem.

P.s. It has probably been said already, but this affects plenty of people in US timezones, namely people working nights/off shifts. I wouldn't be surprised if the number was something like 30% of the potential player base that would like to be competitive.
  • rafalele
    Options
    Contrary of what I had said I will not return every monday to up this theme.

I am leaving the game after almost 4 years playing. I joined the game later 2015 in the first week of the game.

I like the idea but I do not like the implementation. I have been playing every single/coalition event for more than a year until yesterday.

The nonsense charge system is one of the reasons, I like to play when I have time for doing it and not when developers and publishers want.

Other reasons are:
     *the well known and heavily reported bugs unattended (day one bugs without been fixed in 4 ages as the gaining life after finishing the battle).
    *vanguard supports implementation (they can just be bought in pink boosters with duplicates and are not affected by older cards, cash needed I suppose) 
    *players are beta testers every new release
    *player level multiple adjustments without explanations
    *lack of official communication
    *VIP
    *nerfing cards without reason (plague wind was a Masterpiece)
    *changing cards without a real reason and not changing text to update to the new behaviour (legion conquistador)

Not everything is wrong @Brigby and @Tombstone always do a good and gentle job.

Of course the players in this forum who have teach me how to play much better this game are a nice community.

So bye to all, have a nice life. 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2019
    Options
    So sorry to see another veteran player quit the game. I do understand your position, though. 3.5 seemed a step in the good direction, but they completely messed up the Vanguard implementation; putting them behind an enormous paywall while having a lot of useless cards that interact with them. Communication on the forums has become close to zero, even Brigby not responding the way he used to do. This event end time issue will break up more players, while it should be relatively easy to fix. Trial of Zeal again needing 50 wins for progression and the list goes on...
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @rafalele - sorry to see you leave, take care and thanks for all the fish!
  • Mburn7
    Options
    @rafalele Can't believe you're leaving.  Always sad to see one of the old lords retiring.

I can't fault your reasoning, though.  I've considered quitting a lot lately for the same reasons.

Best of luck with your future endeavors (and remember you're always welcome to hang out on the forums with some popcorn and see whats up)
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2019
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Contrary of what I had said I will not return every monday to up this theme.

I am leaving the game after almost 4 years playing. I joined the game later 2015 in the first week of the game.

I like the idea but I do not like the implementation. I have been playing every single/coalition event for more than a year until yesterday.

The nonsense charge system is one of the reasons, I like to play when I have time for doing it and not when developers and publishers want.

Other reasons are:
     *the well known and heavily reported bugs unattended (day one bugs without been fixed in 4 ages as the gaining life after finishing the battle).
    *vanguard supports implementation (they can just be bought in pink boosters with duplicates and are not affected by older cards, cash needed I suppose) 
    *players are beta testers every new release
    *player level multiple adjustments without explanations
    *lack of official communication
    *VIP
    *nerfing cards without reason (plague wind was a Masterpiece)
    *changing cards without a real reason and not changing text to update to the new behaviour (legion conquistador)

Not everything is wrong @Brigby and @Tombstone always do a good and gentle job.

Of course the players in this forum who have teach me how to play much better this game are a nice community.

So bye to all, have a nice life. 
    I know it is not just you. I and many others in my community quit recently and sadly little talk of it, even with so many unfilled openings suddenly throughout our coalitions. 
    I quit for many of the same reasons you have listed. among them;
    1. Sudden paywall to half the set that even vip gives no access to.
    2. Heavy rng and no pity timer for people who do support the game. 
    3. More battery usage and bugs with each subsequent version update
    4. Generic response and lack of better care for people who spent heavily when they have issues. 
    5. Heavy negating of the buying power of gold/crystals and reliance on over valued pink gems.
    6. I get a lot more stuff done in my life when I do not play. The game has ballooned to cater to those that can afford 3 plus hours a day on the app. 
    6A. Rebuttal; you could just play for only the time you have? Nope, most like me are completionists and even with vip, resources are too scarce, and doing all available dailies is the only way to keep up.

Leaving an abusive relationship is hard to do, time invested, the things that could or used to be etc. I give you props for making the hard decision you did and following through with it. 

P.S. I deleted the app just to make sure I wouldn’t cave in to temptation.
  • NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    There’s a funny quote that, sadly, sometimes I see in real business practice. Usually, companies that adopt this mentality won’t go far.

“If we don’t take care of the customers, maybe they will stop bugging us.”

Funny isn’t it.