3.5 Release Notes *Updated (7/8/19)

Comments

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Well, after updated I bought around 15 PP. And completed the set with my hoarded vip booster... Only missing a lot exclusives. 

I am not sure of vip is healthy for the game. Sure I like to have them all, but now I have to wait another three or more month for new cards (except vangard cards). 

We will see. 

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, Angrath is officially nerfed to uselessness.

@Brigby still no clarification on why?  (I guess I'll tag @Tombstone too since he was the one who originally said it was intentional as is)
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Well, after updated I bought around 15 PP. And completed the set with my hoarded vip booster... Only missing a lot exclusives. 

I am not sure of vip is healthy for the game. Sure I like to have them all, but now I have to wait another three or more month for new cards (except vangard cards). 

We will see. 

I think part of the problem was taking most of the mythics and rares out of the general set pack pulls with the vanguard packs...  12 mythics in the main set and then the super exclusive Vanguards that you need to leverage most of the cards in that set...
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    IM_CARLOS said:

We will see. 

That is a dilemma. Make the cards too hard to get especially for new people and the game can suffer greatly. Make it too easy for those that only get enjoyment from opening packs and not building and testing out their cards and see them say they are bored. I am so glad this is the last mobile game that I will ever play that requires in game purchases to support. I for one value my money and don’t want dupes, appreciate a full collection and love trying new decks. Too back they monetized deck slots, added in dupe pinky vanguard buys and still sell pw’s with a pittance of leveling runes for cash.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    stikxs said:
    What are the details on the Zombie Army tokens listed under the Amass keyword?
    programming at its finest. So glad I have to cast a card to find out what the token does. Because a bold hint/tooltip that can't be seen inside a bold hint/tooltip is helpful..
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    When I saw the images on this post I thought: "wow how many pinkies" now is just like everyone can have that... 

• Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2019
    So what are zombie army tokens stats? Do they even stack with previous tokens?

EDIT: Oh right, YES! ETALI DOOESN'T HAVE HASTE!
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Snappyturtle - can you get in the app?
  • Snappyturtle
    Tremayne said:
    @Snappyturtle - can you get in the app?
    Not after the maintenance like 5 hours ago. Missed out on finishing the dailies. 
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    stikxs said:
    What are the details on the Zombie Army tokens listed under the Amass keyword?
    The wiki has plain English descriptions of all the keywords.  Here's Amass: https://wiki.mtgpq.info/wiki/Abilities#Amass

For anyone too busy waiting for server fixes to have time to click on links, it reads:
    Create the specified number of Zombie Army tokens [1/1, with "At 0+ reinforcements, gain +1/+1; at 8+ reinforcements, gain Afflict; and at 12+ reinforcements, gain +2/+2"].
  • greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Just like everyone else I thought I hit the lottery.  I started to buy stuff and level out all my pws.  Got back on at 930 last night for a few minutes and noticed  was rolled  back to beenwhat had before update. I haven't able to get back on since. That has been 12 hrs.  I really hope we get compensated for this.
  • Snappyturtle
    I just want a confirmation if we got stuff from what was going to be the free premium week can they verify if I got a specific card from one of the specific rewards from the premium(in this case an orange standard pack). I only was only able to take pics of my failed purchase of a 400 elite before I got hit with the maintenance screen. I just really want my Lich King card.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    I haven't bothered to check everything the updates to offer, but at least I can say I truly appreciate some of the nerfs.

Especially BSZ; now that it can't be fetched with Sunbird and Experiment it should be a bit more manageable (although 6 cards and 60 mana is still a strong effect)

And also on Plague Wind; 10 mana one-sided field wipe with an upside is just plain ridiculous. Still, the current selection of nontargeted kill spells can still spell doom to creature-based decks, but at least with Plague Wind neutered hopefully they can be a bit more manageable.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby still waiting on that Angrath explanation
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    My hunch on Angrath's nerf is that it would make the Amass mechanic almost unplayable. Angrath would just be waaaay too powerful against token decks, and they are clearly pushing token creature builds much more than they had in the past. 

It was ok for Angrath to rip token stacks in the past, but as it has grown as a more prominent deck approach, they had to rebalance his ability.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    @Mburn7
    I agree, and wish they would say something about why the change occurred. My theory of rebalancing due to where the meta is going would be fine if they confirmed that's why they made the change - and it might give us confidence that the devs have a better understanding of balancing sets/PWs than some give them credit for.

Or they can remain silent....
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    Update, I was wrong, the next is false. Sorry.

I have not realized until now that Muldrotha had been nerfed. No word about it in 3.5 final release notes.

Before it gave full mana to the feched card and now just half. Nerfing cards like this is not a good move, but doing it without any advise is worse if possible.

Please @Brigby, nerfing like this is nonsense. Why it was necessary? Why you spend time doing release notes if they are not complete?
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    starfall said:
    rafalele said:
    I have not realized until now that Muldrotha had been nerfed. No word about it in 3.5 final release notes.

Before it gave full mana to the feched card and now just half. Nerfing cards like this is not a good move, but doing it without any advise is worse if possible.

Please @Brigby, nerfing like this is nonsense. Why it was necessary? Why you spend time doing release notes if they are not complete?
    Muldrotha has always given half mana to cards?
    Yes @starfall, you are right.

Excuse me @Brigby