5* softcapping, 4* champions and BH

bk201
bk201 Posts: 94 Match Maker
edited May 2019 in Roster and Level Help
Hello MPQ experts!

To summarize and get to questions, I opened my hoard last week trying to cover GE Doom and Hela (I know, they're not meta, but I've been hoarding for 6 months and wanted some folks to join Okoye, my sole 5* champion, please don't judge :P). Also, made Gladiathor my BH and was very lucky to get 8 covers, now he has a total of 11.

I ended up with 18 Hela and 13 GE Doom covers. While trying to get the last Doom cover, I got 5 more Hela covers.
Q1: How do you recommend to level them? Champ both anyway or softcap that Okoye still tank all colors?

Changing to 4-stars champions, now I have these fully covered: Black Widow IW, Elektra, Ghost, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Invisible Woman, Jubilee, Kate Bishop, Kraven, Mr. Fantastic, Nebula, Nick Fury, Quake, Sam Wilson, Shuri, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Man IW, Star-Lord, Agent Venom, War Machine, Wiccan, Winter Soldier

Q2:
Who deserves to be the next champion? I got 5MM total, after levelling up Doom, Hela (and eventually Thor), I could level a bunch of them, but don't know if any of those will make a difference. (Their levels varies from 70 to 209, so won't need the same amount for each. (You'll see everyone at lvl 70 on my roster, later today I'll calculate the amount of ISO needed by each)

For now, Valkyrie is my BH, she'll give a red Gladiathor at 300 (15 to go), bringing him to 12 covers.

Q3: For these, I need more covers, anyone deserves to be the next BH? What do you think?
12 covers: Prowler, TA Hulk, Eddie Brock
10 covers: BP King of Wakanda, Thanos
9 covers: Domino, Magik
8 covers: Namor, Emma Frost
Less than 7: Talos (also Ronin and Sabretooth)

Updated my roster today, 28/05/19. Don't mind the 2* and 3*, farm/dupes in progress.
Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    Q1) I think Doom is going to be a much bigger problem than people think outside the Meta, he is tricky with punishing yellow and black matches and running with Okoye gives you healing galore. You'll never use his yellow so it won't hurt a half health Thor team but will punish an enemy Okoye one. I would be tempted to softcap until you get Thor but then I don't have any 5* champs to compare how that might work. Adding Hela to that team to punish Thor/Okoye doubly sounds like a nice idea in theory also but I would look to others opinions on that as to how that would work out for you.

Q2) Well presumably once Thor joins Okoye you will never look at any of these guys again! In the meantime, completely my badly formed ill judged opinion and feel free to disregard:

Black Widow IW - She is an underrated Support character
    Elektra - She is niche and a benchwarmer
    Ghost - I like Ghost, her mechanics are nice but she doesn't seem to get boosted for some reason
    Ghost Rider - If you have his 5 in black then I wouldn't bother as that is his only good power
    Gwenpool - she is squishy but enormous fun and has fantastic board control and the ability to hit random characters
    Invisible Woman - Probably not a priority if you champ Ghost
    Jubilee - I can't really make a case for her apart from I hate her as a character and that makes me unreasonablt biased
    Kate Bishop - Her blue can stop Apocalypse healing and all her powers hit like a truck
    Kraven - once the ultimate special tile counter, probably now slightly irrelevant thanks to a proliferation of these like Thanos & Sabretooth
    Mr. Fantastic - "Rebalanced" - uhm...yeah...
    Nebula - I think she is a poor womans Dazzler? Or is it the other way round?
    Nick Fury - Poor old Nick. I still like his blue though.
    Quake - Very useful against ninjas and other AOE goons but probably not high priority
    Sam Wilson - I'm sure he has a fan out there somewhere.
    Shuri - I'd wait for 4BP and get them as a partnership - they are a lot of fun.
    Spider-Gwen - she isn't going to move the needle unless you are interested in the Spider-Verse team
    Spider-Man IW - His unlimited damage red is pretty nuts when boosted but needs to tank
    Star-Lord - He works on any team! Ah, the old ones are the best ones...
    Agent Venom - Possibly underrated and has a spammable black, definitely not the WORST Venom!
    War Machine - His blue is useful, everything else is a bit meh
    Wiccan - I think I got him to transform to the Demiurge like once. His other powersseem like they might be good but in practice sort of aren't
    Winter Soldier - I think there might be the basis of a good character in here but it got mindwiped

Q3) Shuri and her fortification is a nice power, so maybe 4BP so you can run them together? Thanos, Magik and Domino are all solid, my favourite is probably Magik though. The Devs seemed to realise that Talos is gutter level trash tier and didn't even bother making people jump thru hoops for SHIELD Training but I guess he might pop up...I would actually myself BH Sabretooth because he looks extremely kickbottom but obviously that will be a longer term plan.

Sorry for the lots of words.
  • bk201
    bk201 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Thanks @DAZ0273 for your reply!
    Q1) I think Doom is going to be a much bigger problem than people think outside the Meta, he is tricky with punishing yellow and black matches and running with Okoye gives you healing galore. You'll never use his yellow so it won't hurt a half health Thor team but will punish an enemy Okoye one. I would be tempted to softcap until you get Thor but then I don't have any 5* champs to compare how that might work. Adding Hela to that team to punish Thor/Okoye doubly sounds like a nice idea in theory also but I would look to others opinions on that as to how that would work out for you.
    Okoye and Doom form a great team, they have synergy. As you said, adding Hela sounds great in theory, but she wasn't too efective in this team. I leveled them to 350 and used those 3 in the Simulator and PvE. They work well but maybe there are better partners for her (still trying to figure it out). She does great damage with green, but that's it. I almost didn't used her red or black. Doom's black and Okoye's red are great nukes, so in those matches I spent ap to kill the enemies instead of prolonging it. So I ended up using Hela more in PvE than in PvP.

Q2) Well presumably once Thor joins Okoye you will never look at any of these guys again! In the meantime, completely my badly formed ill judged opinion and feel free to disregard:
    I totally agree with your list, even though I didin't use them much. After champing the top tier 4-stars and getting Okoye , it's hard to use others unless they're required. Of those in the list, probably Star-Lord, Kate Bishop, Quake and Kraven (untill Thanos and Sabretooth) will be more useful. I didn't look so closely to Ghost, I'll try her.

Q3) Shuri and her fortification is a nice power, so maybe 4BP so you can run them together? Thanos, Magik and Domino are all solid, my favourite is probably Magik though. The Devs seemed to realise that Talos is gutter level trash tier and didn't even bother making people jump thru hoops for SHIELD Training but I guess he might pop up...I would actually myself BH Sabretooth because he looks extremely kickbottom but obviously that will be a longer term plan.
    And maybe it's better to save some iso for Domino, Thanos, Magik and Sabretooth. I also like the mechanics of Prowler, he could be a good addition to Shuri and 4BP.