R179 Release Notes (5/28/19)

Options
13»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it too soon for Homecoming Mysterio?
    Check back in about 5 weeks when the movie opens....
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it too soon for Homecoming Mysterio?
    Would be very early as that isn't out until July.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I hope it's comic-look Mysterio...

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would bet on 4* Quicksilver.  
  • Smashton
    Smashton Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd be fine with a new Quicksilver but D3's hints are almost never that on the nose. Maybe a character with an iconic silver streak in their hair? First one that comes to mind is Strange but there's probably several. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    If this is to tie in with Dark Phoenix's release, the three people with silver streak are: Storm, Quiksilver and the lady talking to Jean Grey in the second trailer.

If we add in Marvel's intention of going the diversity route, it could more likely be Storm?  B)
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Stupid question but wasn't there a silver streak that had something to do with daredevil?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    peterdark said:
    Stupid question but wasn't there a silver streak that had something to do with daredevil?
    Silver Streak is an old Golden age speedster and this is the Daredevil he was associated with, not the Matt Murdock version :

I don't know for sure but as it wasn't exactly unusual for Marvel to recycle old Golden Age character names (see Human Torch, Vision, etc) he might even have had his superhero name "borrowed" by Stan Lee for the 60's version.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    peterdark said:
    Silver Streak is an old Golden age speedster and this is the Daredevil he was associated with, not the Matt Murdock version :

I don't know for sure but as it wasn't exactly unusual for Marvel to recycle old Golden Age character names (see Human Torch, Vision, etc) he might even have had his superhero name "borrowed" by Stan Lee for the 60's version.
    Ah, makes sense. Guess I'm kinda showing my age
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rouge has a silver streak (or grey) in her hair..... but I doubt it is her,
    xmen movie timing... I would say storm.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Powerful new character? Silver Streak? Ancient Astronaut Theorists say....Darkhawk! ('cause when he does stuff, it kind of has that streak behind him...)

• DAZ0273
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Darkhawk has the most confusing power set. It was like when they created him they said "Hmm, now what shall his powers be? Wait I know: ALL OF THEM!" - he will need at least multiple powers on every colour AND some extra colours on top of that and it still wont be enough.

I will say though that he looks pretty cool there.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    He's basically The American Guyver
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's basically The American Guyver
    I’ve seen the American Guyver. Terrible movie. Decent sequel though. Guyver Dark Hero Starred David Hayter, the voice of Solid Snake.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I'll go to bat for the American Guyver film. Shout out to that lesser known Mark Hamill cameo
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    R180 is out on iOS. Any info, please, @Brigby?