R179 Release Notes (5/28/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R179 update!

R179!
  • "Silver Streak"
What's Changed:
  • Fixed a bug where the game would sometimes fail to save previously equipped Team-Ups that the player selected
  • Spider-Man (Classic)'s power When the Going's Tough can now be properly activated in 1v1 fights.

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Silvermane and silver samurai seem too obscure and too obvious. Does anyone have silver highlights in their hair for marvel?

• ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    I'm guessing it's X-Men related with the upcoming release of Dark Phoenix.

Maybe a new Storm or Quicksilver?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    A R&G or C&D style character featuring Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor?

I've got nothing.

It's time for Dark Phoenix, but we usually don't get tie-ins to non-MCU properties. Even then, not sure who it would be. Maybe a reference to Quicksilver? Or... Storm? Not sure we need a Quicksilver for each movie franchise (even if both are fun takes on the character), and I'd rather see a 5* Storm if we're going to get another version of her (since were "due" a 4* for the next release).

Lots of "obvious" links as mentioned, Silvermane, Silver Sable, Silver Samurai, Silver Fox? But none that jump out as a perfect fit, either (none highly requested, none with a good tie-in to something going on, etc).

Silver Centurion Iron Man armor would make people rage after passing both Infinity War and Endgame without a solid Iron Man tie-in.

When you hear "silver streak" you think of something like Rogue's hair, though her streak is white. Characters with silvery hair (like the movie version of Storm) don't really have a streak because it's all that color.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had noticed the Teamup bug lately....thanks for fixing it!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is actually a silver streak character. Not marvel owned though I think. There is also a golden age silver streak comic company that often featured daredevil and the claw.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Cat?
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:

R179!
    • "Silver Streak"
    Richard Pryor/Gene Wilder Duo character confirmed! 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to guess 4* Mags
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    It's Silver Surfer. The clue obviously wants you to think about Silver Surfer, but we already have Silver Surfer.
    But hear me out here. What else turns silver? Hair. When does hair turn silver? When you're old. What other precious metal is not unlike silver? Gold.

Golden Oldie confirmed.

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Silver Sable. We're also getting close to Spider-Man Far From Home.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    A R&G or C&D style character featuring Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor?
    Richard Pryor/Gene Wilder Duo character confirmed! 

I’m glad that not only did someone already make this joke, but two people did :)

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    5* Mister Fantastic confirmed. He has a silver streak in his hair. 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I’ve I’ve not read the comic for it, but could it be cosmic ghost rider? I know he is the herald of galactus, but I don’t know if he has silver surfer powers
  • IYeaheahI
    IYeaheahI Posts: 53 Match Maker
    edited May 2019
    Whoever it is going to be, I am sure it will be another well executed character.

In my opinion however, adding new characters should not have the highest priority.

I don't have the numbers to support this (ofcourse) but I see people quitting the game left and right. (Alliance members, friends, forum posters).

The feedback they give is always the same: no qol changes, stale gameplay, additions like supports and costumes are barely accessible, having a huge roster but no gamemode to justify using 95% of them.

Imo the best way to generate revenue is to have a huge playerbase. Implementing the options above is a win-win situation: more players/revenue for mpq and more fun for the players.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    IYeaheahI said:
    Whoever it is going to be, I am sure it will be another well executed character.

In my opinion however, adding new characters should not have the highest priority.

I don't have the numbers to support this (ofcourse) but I see people quitting the game left and right. (Alliance members, friends, forum posters).

The feedback they give is always the same: no qol changes, stale gameplay, additions like supports and costumes are barely accessible, having a huge roster but no gamemode to justify using 95% of them.

Imo the best way to generate revenue is to have a huge playerbase. Implementing the options above is a win-win situation: more players/revenue for mpq and more fun for the players.
    Totally agree, but they seems to be deaf. Releasing new characters every 2 weeks is their priority because they think it could bring money into this stale game....until the big spenders will frealize that it's not worth anymore
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys are making the massive assumption that D3/Demiurge have any great control over the frequency of character releases. We know that Marvel exercises quite a lot of power over the licence it provides to it's mobile game developers (Want proof? Rescue was released in multiple games for Endgame despite hardly being the highest profile character in the film). I suspect the pace of releases is not something that the Dev's are able to push back against with any large degree of force.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Adding characters creates resource pressure for everyone, which keeps people playing and involved.

Each new character will use a roster slot.  And offer a place to spend some iso (or create more pressure to get more).  And give you a thing to complete (gotta pull to get those covers to 13, add champ levels to good characters, etc).

Maybe it drives some spending, but it also keeps (many) people coming back to the game.

The devs say they aren't required to release anyone specifically, but it is apparent that they have incentives to do so.  In between big Marvel pushes, could they skip a release and suffer minimal consequences?  Yes, probably.  But the new character gives the noob and the vet a goal to pursue.  People who finish a game....they move on sometimes.  If you caught up over, say, a month with no releases....how many would stop playing and think they finished?

The hamster wheel must continue.  

Until the hamster gets off.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    X-Man confirmed!
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:

It's time for Dark Phoenix, but we usually don't get tie-ins to non-MCU properties. Even then, not sure who it would be. Maybe a reference to Quicksilver? Or... Storm? Not sure we need a Quicksilver for each movie franchise (even if both are fun takes on the character), and I'd rather see a 5* Storm if we're going to get another version of her (since were "due" a 4* for the next release).

*Cable, Archangel, and Apocalypse want to know your location*

Jokes aside, I definitely wouldn't mind another X-Man, I hope they keep digging into that pool. I'm at a loss as well though on who it could be, I think the only thing we can maybe say for certain is that it's a 4. I wouldn't mind a 4-star Magneto, Storm, or Mystique. I'd love a 4-star Psylocke, but I think we all know she's not going to be very prominent in this film. She never is.  :s:'(