Things That Cost Less Than The Doctor Strange (Defenders) Costume

Friarbundy
Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
I'll start.  The new Call Of Duty Modern Warfare game.  Currently listed on Amazon in the US for $59.95.

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    To be fair it comes with over $50 worth of HP, 5 CP, 5 tokens for a pretty good store, and the CP is distributed among your whole alliance as well.

Is it steep? Sure, but considering the deal for a 40 pack at 10k HP right now...it could be worse. If I didn’t have JJ and Kitty champed I might jump on it.

In the spirit of the post - You could get a black panther collectors edition blue bead kimoyo bracelet and the Blu-ray of the movie for less than this costume pack.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I could get a plane ticket from western NC to Tampa FL next week.

I could buy printer ink for my photo printer and then go out for a nice lunch on the way home.

I could buy a Kindle Fire tablet newer than the one I own to enhance my entire MPQ experience.

I could buy an entire Phase of the MCU on Blu Ray.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was trying to find a busted copy of Strange Tales #110 (first appearance of Dr Strange) for less than that price, but couldn't do it. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are plenty of art prints of Dr. Strange you could buy for less.  For a little more, you could get the large "Art of Dr Strange"  book from the movie.

You could get multiple Dr. Strange TPBs and still be under 74.99.

But hey, if you want your game to have different pictures of Dr Strange in it, go for it.  Keep the lights on a bit longer.

(Apparently these bundles do sell very well....)
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    I could buy 33.75 lbs of Skittles (10 bags at 54oz each) at Sam's Club (which is currently the best price I can get to fuel my addiction).
    In other words, about a month's worth... ;)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    $75 is about how much I have to pay to park at work for a month.  
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    .... 1/2 a share of Disney Stock.
    .... or 26 shares of SEGA Sammy stock, parent company of this game.  Demiurge is part of SEGA Networks, the western arm of SEGA Sammy (Japan).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I once bought a car for $200, and converted it from automatic to manual transmission and from fuel injection to dual-carb myself in a parking lot for another $300. I didn't get any CP out of that deal...
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    If I ever wake up and find my Dr. Strange has just got himself a £70 makeover then I would have to presume that either:

A) My 9 year old has my credit card
    B) I was really drunk
    C) My 9 year old has my credit card and was really drunk 
    Nice B!  :p

The costume looks cool, but I'm not gonna spend that kinda money on it. If it came with actual covers of these characters as opposed to tokens that give you a 15% chance of getting them, I might consider it. I also don't think these things should take away from the amount of HP they give you - if they were more generous there, then again, I might actually consider it. Walking away with 10K HP for $75 feels kind foolish when you can spend $50 and only come up 1.5K short of that, or spend $100 and get double. 
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    If I ever wake up and find my Dr. Strange has just got himself a £70 makeover then I would have to presume that either:

A) My 9 year old has my credit card
    B) I was really drunk
    C) My 9 year old has my credit card and was really drunk 
    D) All of the above!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I could get a bottle of 2013 Vajra Barolo Bricco Delle Viole plus get it shipped for $75. Put that in the cellar for 20 years and I'll be a very, very happy man. Or just pop it immediately...
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    They gave me 75$ trade in at the Genius Bar for my broken screen Iphone6

I bought solar lights, an outdoor runner and a USB rechargeable fan for my deck

The SEGA Genesis Mini nope 79.99

you could buy a drone with a camera and get it stuck in a tree like an Aerobee or a fancy fighting kite or a little brother

An entry level Islay Scotch

28 Small iced coffees from Starbucks but that would only be 2.5c tip per order you cheap tinykitty!

At the American Federal Minimum Wage a worker would have to put in over a ten hour day to make 75$ 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    You could buy 30 accounts worth of Oblivion's Horse Armor.

Ugh.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    PiMacleod said:
    You could buy 30 accounts worth of Oblivion's Horse Armor.

Ugh.
    It's funny because I know the guy behind the infamous Horse Armor.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    Playstation classic lol. Maybe even two of them.

Honestly, I couldn't spend that much on this game even if it came with a cover for 5strange.

I can no longer invest in anything over $20 with the way the game has been handled over the last two years. 
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since this thread is not actually about MPQ, it will be moved to Off Topic soon.