MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2019 Edition *Updated (6/24/19)

Comments

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Hi @Brigby!

Can we have the "quick and dirty" version of the details for the Galactus alliance event please?
    Would really love to know who the round rewards will be (and thus featured in the event after).
    Thanks!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi @Brigby!

Can we have the "quick and dirty" version of the details for the Galactus alliance event please?
    Would really love to know who the round rewards will be (and thus featured in the event after).
    Thanks!
    My guess would be Deadpool and Kingpin for the required 3-star and 4-star characters, since they're the rewards for The Hunt.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Brigby said:
    Hi Brigby!

Thanks!
    Sure. Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2) and Doctor Doom (Classic) are Round Rewards.

Kingpin (Wilson Fisk), Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!), and Human Torch (Johnny Storm) are Progression Rewards.
    Wow, thank you so so much for the info, and such a speedy reply too, bless!

4* Grocket as round rewards? I might just faint! RNG has been playing keep-away with me over his covers and my 5/1/1 grocket is not amused. He's been my bh several times (though i keep switching it to ones who only need 1 or 2 more covers to champ) and at least 3 of his covers i pulled from a vault.
    I had been looking forward to somehow earning a cover or two directly, so this is definitely the best news in a long while. I dont think i can express how happy this makes me! Thank you!
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I'm actually just as curious who that next featured 5 is gonna be. I didn't have any luck with Rescue in her store, I didn't pull one with my mini-LT stash once she entered tokens yesterday, I'm gonna gonna throw all the CP I got at the special store trying to get Kitty some more love. If Rescue is required next then I'm going to be in an unfortunate position come Sunday. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm actually just as curious who that next featured 5 is gonna be. I didn't have any luck with Rescue in her store, I didn't pull one with my mini-LT stash once she entered tokens yesterday, I'm gonna gonna throw all the CP I got at the special store trying to get Kitty some more love. If Rescue is required next then I'm going to be in an unfortunate position come Sunday. 
    The next two should be Classic 5's, and Old Man Logan and First Avenger Cap are the next two up. Which should give another week after Galactus before Rescue is even an option (possibly two if Hela and Carol show up first in rotation).

Of course, it's been less than a month since they showed they're willing to completely throw the pattern out the window for no apparent reason, so who knows?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(06/4/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and added details about 5-Star Storm
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Cosmic Chaos - 4 Day Duration (6/9/19) *New Update* Featured Characters: 5-Star: Wolverine (Old Man Logan) 4-Star: Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2) 3-Star: Doctor Doom (Classic) 2-Star: Hawkeye (Modern) Please, Please, Please tell me there will be a red OML in HfH. It is one cover that has eluded me for over two years. I will happily drop 250cp to get it.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heads up:  The fact that 4nos is coming next means that the (presumed) 4* release on 6/20 will require either Sabretooth or Ronin as a Shield Training essential.  Presumably those players who care are already making plans, but consider yourself forewarned.

I recommend keeping an eye on the Sneak Peek, since it is very helpfully being updated on a timely basis of late.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    The next two should be Classic 5's, and Old Man Logan and First Avenger Cap are the next two up. Which should give another week after Galactus before Rescue is even an option (possibly two if Hela and Carol show up first in rotation).

Of course, it's been less than a month since they showed they're willing to completely throw the pattern out the window for no apparent reason, so who knows?
    Well looks like you're right about OML at least so far! I actually have both of those guys champed, so I'm pretty eager to get back into CL 9 with them. That 5E node kicked my butt sideways in Venom Bomb and I'm eager for some get-back. 

On another note, America as progression/placement again only 2 events later? And whats with all this 4-star PVP? Not complaining in the least, just seems odd. 
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Blast, Old Man Logan is the only character in the game I don't have rostered.  I've got him as my only 5* BH and my XFW is sitting at 278 as my only 4* BH, so I'll need some good, good luck over the next four days...!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:

Well looks like you're right about OML at least so far! I actually have both of those guys champed, so I'm pretty eager to get back into CL 9 with them. That 5E node kicked my butt sideways in Venom Bomb and I'm eager for some get-back. 

On another note, America as progression/placement again only 2 events later? And whats with all this 4-star PVP? Not complaining in the least, just seems odd. 
    June is Pride month, which last year was observed in a subtle way via PVP events (no announcement).  Looks to be the same this year with America, Loki, Deadpool coming up....let's see who else comes along.

America's PVP rewards coming again quickly is because she's next in the alphabetical listing for PVP rewards; just an odd coincidence.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Do the 2*s have a rotation for being essential? What does it depend on, which 2* is required?
  • rfd5
    rfd5 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Anyone have any idea on when Green Goblin will show up again for hire? Need to make sure I have 250CP ready for when that happens...
  • JHawkInc
    rfd5 said:
    Anyone have any idea on when Green Goblin will show up again for hire? Need to make sure I have 250CP ready for when that happens...
    September 9th-ish. Rough estimate, assuming no boss events or 7-day events between now and then (both of which bump things back by an event). So "mid-late September" is probably more accurate.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Blast, Old Man Logan is the only character in the game I don't have rostered.  I've got him as my only 5* BH and my XFW is sitting at 278 as my only 4* BH, so I'll need some good, good luck over the next four days...!
    Okay, got one X-FW from the Ororo Munroe vault.  One more gets me an OML.  I've got 342 CP; maybe I should go fishing in the Classic Legends vault...
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, got one X-FW from the Ororo Munroe vault.  One more gets me an OML.  I've got 342 CP; maybe I should go fishing in the Classic Legends vault...
    With x force as a bonus hero you may get him with 17 pulls. Or you might not. That's a tough call.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(06/07/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • JHawkInc
    Unstable Iso-8 - 4 Day Duration (6/13/19) *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Jessica Jones

We just saw her at the end of March, and it shouldn't be "her turn" again until early 2020.

To anyone else who was initially confused, this is almost certainly because Season 3 of her show comes out the day after Unstable Iso-8 starts. Just in case you were wondering.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Anyone noticed they're giving two 3* star covers in progression rewards for pvp now?