Ultron Wins

Options
peterdark
peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
Well the title can do with some working on but how about a daily challenge that you can only do a certain number of times, maybe only 3 times and takes the best score you get from them. 

So the aim of the game is to deal as much damage to Ultron as you can, with continuous bombs coming down. So each damage equates to points, and you're competing with others according to the level of the characters you take in. The more damage you deal, the stronger the bombs get. Ultron will eventually win but I would imagine this could be quite entertaining. 

Any thoughts?

Comments

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like this idea.

Hmm. Kitty (455) + Daken (266) + Bullseye (144) = 865. If you had a team of three max Champion 3*s, that's 798. So this 2/3/5 team would be "competing" against hybrid 3*/4* teams but I'd wager it would fare a lot better than many other teams of the same "rank" because every turn Kitty is boosting your Strikes and Protect tiles, and sure, they're going to get destroyed at the bottom of the board, but Daken and Bullseye will just keep making more.

In 5-star Land, maybe GEDoom, Okoye, and Daredevil. All three characters have a true self heal, and with some careful selection as to who would be tanking each of Ultron's bombs, this 5* team might be able to survive for quite some time, with Okoye boosting any damage they do dish out. Okoye uses Red, GED uses Black, Daredevil uses Green, and all damage they dish out is amplified by Okoye.

I do like this idea, even if it could be cheesed with the right team, such as one of the two I've mentioned, and I'm sure there would be other teams equally capable of prolonged survivability even against Ultron and his never-ending rain of bombs.

I think rather than selecting a CL like we do now, you would choose your team, and before you "lock it in" and start the battle you'd get to see what prize(s?) you're playing for based on that team's rank. You could then switch out any characters, or all of them if you want to, and see how that changes things, before finally hitting "Fight!" and starting the battle. Once you do choose a team, you're locked into using that team for all three matches, with your best score of the three being your final score. Or maybe a cumulative total of all three battles? Given that your three characters will be downed, should damage be persistent? Or should they be automatically returned to full health after each match?

I think there should be no maximum bracket size, as we currently have with pretty much every event. Even DDQ has brackets, which is pointless because there are no extra prizes for finishing DDQ first, or in T10, etc. If there were bracket sizes, the more competitive players (and I count myself among them) would be tracking the brackets and waiting for flips to increase their chance of better placement.