List of Legendary Stores

Ed_Dragonrider
Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
edited December 2019 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hi everyone!

To help make speculations about upcoming Legendary stores (or more precisely the 5*s featured within) easier, here is a list of Legendary stores, going back about a year and a half... 

Where there is only a character name, it was a release store (Cable, Doom, etc) [White], for special occasions stores I've kept their special names [Blue].

I'll continue to add and update and perhaps we will see patterns emerging...

Please do let me know if I missed something or if anything needs fixing.
(I'm deliberately keeping this "data only", as I plan to keep adding to it. Any opinions, analysis, speculations or whatever are in the comments.)

Comments

• Ed_Dragonrider

In this time everyone has featured at least once, but with more of these special stores coming up I think it’s a good idea to keep track of who hasn’t been in a store the longest, as they might just be the ones featured in whatever comes next.

Currently Hawkeye and Infinity Cap, but also Loki and sadly Wasp *cringe* fits that bill. As any of them can be tied to the Avengers or Endgame directly, I would bet on seeing them soonest. (After that Phoenix and Gambit perhaps, but that’s for another day).

For emerging patterns, there isn’t really enough data yet of course, and it isn’t even clear if the anniversary Fan Faves  or the Family Legends around xmas marks the beginning of the Special Stores Era.

The stores seem to crop up roughly every 10 days/2 weeks and so far (since Doom) there were 2 special stores between the next release (so: Doom release, 2x special, Captain Marvel release, 2x special, Hela release). Again, not enough data to determine how “usual” this is, but perhaps something to keep in mind nevertheless.

• kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    This is very useful. Will definitely be using this! Thanks :) 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Already started a list like this, but I haven't really been updating it lately: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75092/featured-5-characters-in-special-stores

Feel free to steal the older data in there, it looks like I Went a bit further back than you did.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Quebbster said:

Already started a list like this, but I haven't really been updating it lately: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75092/featured-5-characters-in-special-stores

Feel free to steal the older data in there, it looks like I Went a bit further back than you did.

Oh wow, thank you, I humbly accept, I'll update the table with the older data.... I didn't know someone has already started a thread like this, I'm truly sorry, I didn't mean to infringe or anything. But well, since I've already started, and you don't seem to mind too much I'll carry on with it. Thank you!

And yeah, I didn't go that far back, because I haven't been playing that far back :smiley:
    ..... Hm, if ever I have a boring weekend where I need to kill some time, I might just go back even further (comb through the forums), just for the sake of it.....
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    edited May 2019
    *Updated with the newest Can't Miss Legendary store, and all the data from Quebbster's post...
    *Also managed to finally put into a decent format,  I hope this looks better. :)

For speculations: Still think Loki and Wasp are the most likely to be due next.

The next New 5* should still be tied to Endgame, and since we already have Thanos, its more likely to be a Hero. So, if there's a Hero theme to the store, Wasp is more likely (she's also more relevant to the film anyway).

Of all the rest of the characters that can be tied to Endgame, Hulk (last in January) and perhaps Okoye (last in February) could be featured, all the rest have been in the past few stores since then.

Sooo: New + Wasp + Hulk/Okoye ? We'll see soon.....
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    * Updated with Rescue release store

As Rescue doesn't seem to be a hot hit, I totally get why they didn't want to feature unpopular characters in her release store (who'd have pulled from a rescue/wasp/banner store for example? Pretty much nobody... probably). They'll have to bite the wasp bullet eventually, but no-one will cry if it gets delayed...

For now it looks like we're doing X-characters, so the previously mentioned Phoenix + Gambit (last seen in Sept./Oct. last year in Kitty and Cable release stores) are the most likely candidates. Phoenix would of course also tie in nicely with the upcoming film, if they wanted to give it a nod.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    * Updated with Wrestling Demons store
    * Updated with Storm release store

Not sure there's a point in trying to guess who, so I thought I'd just list those, who have yet to be seen featured in a store this year.

2018 June 28 - Wasp
    2018 Aug. 09 - Loki
    2018 Oct. 18 - Cable, Gambit
    2018 Dec. 13 - Kingpin, Doc Ock
    2018 Dec. 21 - Black Bolt

("Last seen" obviously does not include their time in Latest)
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    * Updated with Iceman release store

This is the first time this year (and since the Cable followed by Kingpin store), where there were no extra stores between two releases.
    This is all the more weird, as a Spider-man themed store could have been a good idea for that 3 week celebration... 

I've also realised I've accidentally left off Archangel from the previous list (apologies!), he should have been mentioned with Cable and Gambit.
    So now... that list is still accurate :)

2018 June 28 - Wasp
    2018 Aug. 09 - Loki
    2018 Dec. 13 - Kingpin, Doc Ock

("Last seen" obviously does not include their time spent in Latest)

• Ed_Dragonrider
    * Updated with Prof. X release store (whoops, lazy me!)
    * Updated with Legends of Wakanda

While I'm fairly sure we'll get a Fan Fave store for the anniversary, it seems like they've pretty much stopped doing the extra stores, or at least not as regularly. Which is rather a shame :(
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    That Wakanda store finished off Okoye as my first completed 5*, nearly finished my Thanos, and did wonders for my Black Panther! This Anniversary Fan Favorites was also good to me. 42 pulls, twelve 5*s among them (one was a bonus). A stupendous draw rate. I figured it'd be good to spend as the stores are feeling fewer and farther between.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    edited December 2019
    * Updated to current (and future) stores

Well, I guess we'll see how these stores come along in the Shards Era....  (especially with all the feeders now established)

Just for old times sake:

2018 June 28 - Wasp
    2018 Aug. 09 - Loki
    2018 Dec. 13 - Doc Ock