Tamiyo, Field Researcher: Official Thread

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited July 2019 in Planeswalker Details

manawhitepngmanabluepngmanagreenpng Tamiyo, Field Researcher manawhitepngmanabluepngmanagreenpng

(At Level 60)
+2 manawhitepng | +3 manabluepng | +0 manablackpng | +0 manaredpng | +2 managreenpng 
103 HP
Creatures: 5 | Spells: 8 | Supports: 6

"When the field scholar Tamiyo became a Planeswalker, the potential knowledge of the Multiverse was greater than any power she could ever desire. A blue mage, she doesn't use brute force to get what she wants, but rather knowledge, defense, persistence, and the mind."

Abilities

Seek The Truth - Cost 6
Level 1 - Draw a card.
Level 2 - Draw a card. Target opposing creature gets -4/-0 until the beginning of your next turn.
Level 3 - Draw a card. Target opposing creature gets -6/-0 until the beginning of your next turn.
Level 4 - Draw 2 cards. Target opposing creature gets -6/-0 until the beginning of your next turn.

Oboro Knowledge - Cost 9
Level 1 - Disable the first opposing creature until the beginning of your next turn.
Level 2 - ...next turn. Disable the first spell on your opponent's hand until the beginning of your next turn.
Level 3 - ...next turn. Disable the first noncreature card on your opponent's hand until the beginning of your next turn.
Level 4 - Disable the first 2 opposing creatures until the beginning...

Catalyze Stories - Cost 21
Level 1 - Draw 3 cards. Increase your Blue, Green, and White mana bonuses by 6 for 3 turns.
Level 2 - Draw 4 cards. Increase your Blue, Green, and White mana bonuses by 8 for 3 turns.
Level 3 - Draw 5 cards. Increase your Blue, Green, and White mana bonuses by 10 for 3 turns.
Level 4 - Draw 6 cards. Increase your Blue, Green, and White mana bonuses by 12 for 4 turns.

Comments

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Love her, great walker!
  • Brigby
    starfall said:
    Can you use her 1st ability if she has no creature to target?
    Yes. You can use her 1st ability to draw cards without there being a creature to target. 
  • SaberEmiya
    SaberEmiya Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I love Tamiyo! Can't wait to get her~
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    @Brigby I think this is not the right place for this.

Should be here https://forums.d3go.com/categories/planeswalker-details , isn't it?
  • Brigby
    rafalele said:
    Brigby I think this is not the right place for this.

Should be here https://forums.d3go.com/categories/planeswalker-details , isn't it?
    I usually announce new Planeswalkers in the main Deck Strategy & Planeswalker sub-forum for increased visibility when they're initially revealed, and then move it to the Planeswalker Details section after a week has passed.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    rafalele said:
    Brigby I think this is not the right place for this.

I usually announce new Planeswalkers in the main Deck Strategy & Planeswalker sub-forum for increased visibility when they're initially revealed, and then move it to the Planeswalker Details section after a week has passed.
    Ok thank you. 
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2019
    Oboro Knowledge - Cost 9
    Level 2 - ...next turn. Disable the first spell on your opponent's hand until the beginning of your next turn.

This is a realy unique and interesting ability! I don't beleive we've ever had the ability to disable a card in opponent's hand, correct?
  • SaberEmiya
    mrixl2520 said:
    Oboro Knowledge - Cost 9

This is a realy unique and interesting ability! I don't beleive we've ever had the ability to disable a card in opponent's hand, correct?
    Emrakul, the Promised End has the ability to disable almost each card in opponent's hand :p 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    mrixl2520 said:
    Oboro Knowledge - Cost 9

Emrakul, the Promised End has the ability to disable almost each card in opponent's hand :p 
    not exactly true: emrakul increase the manacost by 13 temporarily.

Sphinx's decree and and one of the sphinx mythics would disable spells
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    mrixl2520 said:
    Oboro Knowledge - Cost 9

I think selective drains and discards are really the closest things we've had. And all the drain cards were pretty unplayable. 
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    azor also creature and card also, and bolos 2 hone if his keeps other pw from drawing cards so getting pretty common may be hard to play cards soon lol
  • morgue427
    bolas 2 has one that comment messed all up
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    I think with all the green and blue mana gain his ult is broken, at least in legacy. What if I abuse his ult to the max and use it every (other) turn? Will it increase mana gains by 24 or 36? 12 is absurd compared to othe pw ult. 
  • morgue427
    pretty much true but cant really do both at the same time without having a lot of hard to get cards
  • SaberEmiya
    The cost of the first 2 abilities are 5 & 12 instead of 6 & 9~
  • IM_CARLOS
    So I tested her ult. 
    Yes her ult is cumulative, so all main colours are 26/27.
    But 4turns are counting opposing turns as well. Max activation is 2 until there is a card or a bug that allows more than one skill per turn. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    starfall said:
    IM_CARLOS said:
    I think with all the green and blue mana gain his ult is broken, at least in legacy. What if I abuse his ult to the max and use it every (other) turn? Will it increase mana gains by 24 or 36? 12 is absurd compared to othe pw ult. 
    You can generally draw as many cards and generate as much mana as you like in Legacy already.
    You are right and now the key cards are no more out of reach.

But with StV and PoD and a lot of stuff in Brokan decks this will be a force too in standard. 

She will have lot of playtime. 
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    From initial impressions, Tamiyo's 3rd is borderline broken.  +12 mana gains in 3 colors is bonkers for 6 turns.  Her 3rd needs to be dialed back a bit!

Her gameplay is basically control the board as much as possible, stall until you get to Tamiyo's 3rd, then overpower Greg by being able to get ridiculous mana gains on about half the gems on the board.

Personally, I don't think Tamiyo's 3rd should boost mana gains by no more than +8 (to keep her in line with those of Koth's and Elspeth's mana gains... briefly).