VIP Standard pack weirdness (20 mythic/masterpieces in 4 packs)

Options
13»

Comments

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bil said:
    LakeStone said:
    Bil said:
     My VIP boosters were all tinykitty common and uncommon dupes...

A 5bucks subscription would have granted me 30 crystals and 150 orbs ...  Not even enough to buy a single booster from the latest set

We have an update in regards to players that were getting duplicates with their Master and Pro VIP Membership plan purchases.  This is now currently fixed and we will reward users next week that made these purchases during the window of time.  https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/?s=current-known-issues&f=known-issue-duplicate-cards-rewarded-in-master-and-pro-vip-membership-plans-5-24-19&l=en
    If you ask me, i have the feeling that what happened is the exact oposite of what is mentionned here. 
     The only players that pulled exclusively non-duplicates cards were the ones who purchased the packs precisely in the time window you mention. Everyone else received dupes.
      As a sidenote, we are not talking about a single non-dupe card ... We're talking about each and every card from the boosters included as initial rewards (if I'm not confused)
    You are not confused! 

I think if they talk about a window they talk about a bug. This window is now closed I think.

The confusing part is brigbys announcement here to compensate every VIP that step through this window and didn't find the pleasure. It sounds like they planned this for the first x.000 vip or for a specific time span.

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Bil said:
    LakeStone said:
    Bil said:

A 5bucks subscription would have granted me 30 crystals and 150 orbs ...  Not even enough to buy a single booster from the latest set

We have an update in regards to players that were getting duplicates with their Master and Pro VIP Membership plan purchases.  This is now currently fixed and we will reward users next week that made these purchases during the window of time.  https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/?s=current-known-issues&f=known-issue-duplicate-cards-rewarded-in-master-and-pro-vip-membership-plans-5-24-19&l=en
    If you ask me, i have the feeling that what happened is the exact oposite of what is mentionned here. 
     The only players that pulled exclusively non-duplicates cards were the ones who purchased the packs precisely in the time window you mention. Everyone else received dupes.
      As a sidenote, we are not talking about a single non-dupe card ... We're talking about each and every card from the boosters included as initial rewards (if I'm not confused)
    You are not confused! 

I think if they talk about a window they talk about a bug. This window is now closed I think.

The confusing part is brigbys announcement here to compensate every VIP that step through this window and didn't find the pleasure. It sounds like they planned this for the first x.000 vip or for a specific time span.

Which would be a bit indecent if they do not announce it ... Not to mention it occured during the night for some timezones and the time window was very short ... 24hours would have been the least ...
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    Bil said:

Glad to hear it....paying 35 euros for about 4-500 orbs worth of uncommon/common dupes, after hearing how they were nondupe boosters from my clanmates, almost got me to uninstall the game -_- 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thuran said:
    LakeStone said:
    Bil said:

Glad to hear it....paying 35 euros for about 4-500 orbs worth of uncommon/common dupes, after hearing how they were nondupe boosters from my clanmates, almost got me to uninstall the game -_- 
    Same here
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Options
     On other hand, it would be unfair for everyone else if ONLY players that exploited the bug can benecit of that whole non-dupe stuff (because it was obviously perceived as a bug from the start) ...

The "you intended to exploit a bug that was fixed before you could do it and we will compensate you for the loss" would be kinda ridiculous from any point of view ...

Besides, if it is oficial that the only players who had a chance to get something valuable from VIP plans were the day-1 suscribers ... It is not an incentive for other players to invest ... You don't go to the party if you know it is already over ...

What would be fair, however, would be to make an annoucement and give anyone the chance to benefit from it during a limited, but oficial, time period  ... Or make clear that VIP boosters are meant to be non-dupe.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sorry but I disagree. I choose to go VIP and run into a "bug". Happen often in this game, but mostly bugs hurt. I remember only two 'bugs with denefits'. And I paid for it. The good, the bad and the ugly bugs. 
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    From the FAQ when I can get into it......

Non-Duplicates
    Granted according to the pattern presented during timeline of the plan owned. In the rare event the player has all cards that would be granted by the non-duplicate drops, the drop will be converted into Mana Orbs (as duplicates do). All Master and Pro subscription plans offer non-duplicate cards for Booster Packs and (7 day) Rare card rewards.
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    Bil said:

@LakeStone could you clarify which boosters should contain duplicates and not? My "Standard" boosters contained mostly duplicates, but my VIP boosters were good (no duplicates). I'd like to know if I should expect replacement boosters and/or to complain.

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tfg76 said:
    LakeStone said:
    Bil said:

@LakeStone could you clarify which boosters should contain duplicates and not? My "Standard" boosters contained mostly duplicates, but my VIP boosters were good (no duplicates). I'd like to know if I should expect replacement boosters and/or to complain.

And is it going to be the 31st when this gets fixed or earlier? Thanks
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    tfg76 said:
    LakeStone said:
    Bil said:

The team is going to start getting compensation out later today or tomorrow and we hope to have it all out by the 31st.  If there is a delay, we will let you know.  For Pro and Master VIP memberships, you should be getting no duplicates at all.
  • ayuready7
    ayuready7 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    tfg76 said:
    LakeStone said:
    Bil said:

The team is going to start getting compensation out later today or tomorrow and we hope to have it all out by the 31st.  If there is a delay, we will let you know.  For Pro and Master VIP memberships, you should be getting no duplicates at all.
    Now on June 1st. But I haven’t received any compensation yet.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    ayuready7 said:
    LakeStone said:
    tfg76 said:
    LakeStone said:
    Bil said:

Now on June 1st. But I haven’t received any compensation yet.
    We just shared that compensation for receiving duplicate cards just went out to most players.  Can you DM your in-game UID and if you have a CS ticket number and I can follow-up with the team.  You may have fallen under the category of the couple of users that the team needs to confirm more info.  Thanks!
  • brewzer
    brewzer Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I purchased the Pro plan and I haven't seen anything but the original duplicate commons and uncommons.  I have not seen any kind of compensation of non-duplicate card packs.