VIP Standard pack weirdness (20 mythic/masterpieces in 4 packs)

Options

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @ArielSira - ok, thanks.

The sad part is we really don’t know if the current situation (without the windfall) is a bug or not! Recall the steal bug that was undetected for a year!

There are so many bugs and no clear description of the correct situation that all I’m left with is confusion. Ah, well I suppose I’m just rejoice in the fortunes of others.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just got VIP Pro, turns out it was a glitch and they already fixed it.  Was just bait to get suckers like me to try it out.  I wouldn't pay $30 for an eternal subscription, but hey  $30 every half year for a good chunk of the new mythics doesnt sound so bad.

VIP pro got me nothing worth mentioning except 2 new useless mythics and 2 legacy mythic dupes

Dirty dirty moneygrab.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    From what I've heard and seen, there are surprisingly a lot of people who bought some form of VIP package as opposed to all the moneygrab comments on the forum.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks! I missed that one. How can I sign up? Just "buy" the basic plan?
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Machine said:
    Yes, and after that you can cancel the subscription.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Machine said:
    I missed that one too ... I was wondering when would the invite for the free pass come ...

I think i i missed the most interesting part of the party too ...
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just for reference, I got nothing special from the Standard packs, but the VIPs were all mythics (since I had all the rares in the last set I suppose?). 
  • Bil
    Options
     My VIP boosters were all **** common and uncommon dupes...

A 5bucks subscription would have granted me 30 crystals and 150 orbs ...  Not even enough to buy a single booster from the latest set
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Bil said:
     My VIP boosters were all tinykitty common and uncommon dupes...

A 5bucks subscription would have granted me 30 crystals and 150 orbs ...  Not even enough to buy a single booster from the latest set

We have an update in regards to players that were getting duplicates with their Master and Pro VIP Membership plan purchases.  This is now currently fixed and we will reward users next week that made these purchases during the window of time.  https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/?s=current-known-issues&f=known-issue-duplicate-cards-rewarded-in-master-and-pro-vip-membership-plans-5-24-19&l=en
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @Brigby: Mmh... does this mean, it was intended to give non dupe? Would be nice to know for future VIP plans! 

• HarryMason
    HarryMason Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Stop. Dry. Snitching. This is why we can't have nice things. 
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    Bil said:

We have an update in regards to players that were getting duplicates with their Master and Pro VIP Membership plan purchases.  This is now currently fixed and we will reward users next week that made these purchases during the window of time.  https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/?s=current-known-issues&f=known-issue-duplicate-cards-rewarded-in-master-and-pro-vip-membership-plans-5-24-19&l=en
    "We investigated the issue where players that purchased the Master and/or Pro VIP Membership plans between 3pm PST on 5/23/19 and 10am PST on 5/24/19 received duplicate cards instead of non-duplicate cards with their initial Booster Pack reward."

@LakeStone - Does this mean that ALL of the booster packs rewarded at purchase should have been non-duplicate or only the VIP packs? When I upgraded to Master the non-VIP were not non-dupe but the VIP were. Can we get just a little more clarification on that, please? Thank you. :) 

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ArielSira said:
    I was being sarcastic
    I wasn't being. Sorry if it came across negativly. 
    Then be the stand up guy you purport to be and ask D3go to take back the cards. 
    It's easy being "fair" when you already have had your fill.... 
  • StoicFnord
    StoicFnord Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @andrewvanmarle no problem 

Hey d3go/octagon . If the 20 cards at Masterpiece and mythic I got were a bug, I am okay with you removing them from my account and giving me the packs again so I get the correct drop rate. I shouldn't be getting extra stuff just for being first and finding a bug. 

I am speaking for me and not any other player. And give some kind wishes to the QA team. I know its a hard job and they are some of the unsung hero's in game dev. 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hey d3go/octagon . If the 20 cards at Masterpiece and mythic I got were a bug, I am okay with you removing them from my account and giving me the packs again so I get the correct drop rate. I shouldn't be getting extra stuff just for being first and finding a bug. 

I am speaking for me and not any other player. And give some kind wishes to the QA team. I know its a hard job and they are some of the unsung hero's in game dev. 
    Interesting post! I’m curious to hear an update on this “request”.

previously, there has never been any indication that the database could be updated like this (to my knowledge). If D3 can make this kind of an update, it will set an important precedence, if you ask me.
  • Bil
    edited May 2019
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    Bil said:

If you ask me, i have the feeling that what happened is the exact oposite of what is mentionned here. 
     The only players that pulled exclusively non-duplicates cards were the ones who purchased the packs precisely in the time window you mention. Everyone else received dupes.
      As a sidenote, we are not talking about a single non-dupe card ... We're talking about each and every card from the boosters included as initial rewards (if I'm not confused)
  • StoicFnord
    StoicFnord Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Tremayne said:

Interesting post! I’m curious to hear an update on this “request”.

previously, there has never been any indication that the database could be updated like this (to my knowledge). If D3 can make this kind of an update, it will set an important precedence, if you ask me.
    If it happens I'll let you know.