COTT: The battle of Say no to Pelvic Sorcery: Star-Lord vs Gamora

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
Lvl 280 Star- Lord vs 3* Gamora

Much like in the movie, Gamora was having none of it first 2 tries as she skull cracked, scowled and slashed her way through the hapless Star-Lord. Finally got it on the third try but it was still a close ran thing with a little surprise finally winning Gamora's heart.

Tough one!

Comments

• Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Mine was much the same. Third time was the charm.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    LVL 300 Star Lord 3/5/5 took her down on the first try, but it was longer than anticipated.  It was a red starved board, but it was full of green and yellows.  By the time my Star Lord got enough red to activate that ability, he had enough purple to put six countdown tiles down, and the Oldest Trick in the Book took her down.  Token's in the hoard.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Beat Gamora on my second try. My Star Lord is level 218 with the worst distribution of his powers possible: 5/5/3. Had no iso to champ him. So after getting smashed in round 1 I came back with +100% match damage on all colors, +50% match damage on red/yellow and +2 AP red/yellow. Also used my Shuri's lab level 200 support, which added another 132 match damage to red and gave me +2 bonus red from time to time.
    First priority was denying black because with her stike tiles out the match gets very dirty very quickly. After that I was going for red and yellow to match her down. Still had to do Oldest Trick in the Book three times before I wore heard down. LT gave me a black Hela who is 0/0/2 now.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5, Lvl281. St4rLord was one of the last Classic 4* I managed to cover, so I haven't played him much, and really wasn't sure how this was going to go. Decided to just give it a try with no boosts or anything. Felt a little sketchy for a while, Gamora managed to drop her black, but I'd just gotten the purple for Sleight of Hand, and three more of them were matchable, so it didn't end up being that big of a deal. Oldest Trick shortly after that did a nice chunk of damage. Things swung back to sketchy again when she was able to fire Skull-Cracker before my Countdowns went off, but that's only a 1 turn Stun the way she's built for this, and when I came back, those finished the job.
    Token waiting for Rescue.
  • StormDragonE55
    StormDragonE55 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Ares76 said:

First priority was denying black because with her stike tiles out the match gets very dirty very quickly. After that I was going for red and yellow to match her down. Still had to do Oldest Trick in the Book three times before I wore heard down. LT gave me a black Hela who is 0/0/2 now.
    Quick Question for you guys.  Shouldn't Quill's passive yellow activate when Gamora uses her black??  I've played 4 rounds hoping for the board to go my way with my undercovered StarLord and every time she fired it, I didn't get any count down timers.  I thought it should fire when that power was used.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ares76 said:

Quick Question for you guys.  Shouldn't Quill's passive yellow activate when Gamora uses her black??  I've played 4 rounds hoping for the board to go my way with my undercovered StarLord and every time she fired it, I didn't get any count down timers.  I thought it should fire when that power was used.

Gamora's Black puts strikes on yellow tiles.  Since she's tanking all the colors, she gets one strike for every four colored tiles on the board,  Star Lord's countdowns go on...yellow tiles.  Odds are there just wasn't one left for his countdown to go on.  It's a rather nasty side effect of this one-on-one battle.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try with my 5/3/5 283 Starlord, but it was pretty close. I didn't help myself by forgetting it  was  3:star: Gamora, *not* 4:star: Gamora, so I'm sure she was very impressed with my attempts to deny blue. When she cracked my skull to remind me that she was that *other* Gamora, then I readjusted my strategy. Purple->Red knocked her health down by half, and then a weak slap (red with no countdowns out) finished  her off later on. As if to mock my blue denying attempts, my reward was a blue 4Thor. 
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Pretty stoked! My meagre 4/3/2 pulled of a lover's swindle on Gamora. Starved her especially of green and black; letting red feed his yellow power. Muah, luv ya Gamora thx for the token.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got it on my first try with a 3/5/5 Lv280 Star Lord, but it was as much a happy coincidence than truly by design.  I was denying black and then going for red/purple.  She got off an early red and a green later on.  When she got enough black to fire, fortunately it cascaded into a red match-4, so the next turn she fired the red followed by the black, giving me one yellow countdown to work with.  Using the reduced cost, I had enough purple to make four additional countdowns and two reds ended it right there.

The LT gave me a green Ghost Rider.