Is Hela enough for the 5* jump?

heybub
heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
I'm looking to jump into 5* land (170 LT, 3.5k CP), but I'd like to do it with an upper tier threesome.  I didn't think DOOM or CM were that great, but looking at Hela, she's pretty solid.  I know she's no Kitty, but I'm thinking she is good enough to jump in (especially with the lame ducks that have been coming out in 5* land).  

FYI, I do not plan on champing the 5*s, but the idea is to have some good 5* characters that are maxed(mostly) covered.  I'm pretty much a PVE person, but have begun enjoying PVP as of late.

What do y'all think?
1) Is she worth the jump?
2) Does it make sense to do it now, or wait until DOOM and CM are gone?

Is Hela enough for the 5* jump? 9 votes

Hela yeah! Do it now! (Hela, CM, DOOM)
11%
Malcrof 1 vote
She is, but take a look at the next 5* to see if they are better than DOOM. If not, go for it. (Hela, CM, DOOM or Hela, CM, X)
44%
WarbringaJackDeath666tallemanDoragon 4 votes
She is, but let's wait to see what the next two 5*s bring. CM and Doom are not worth it. (Hela, X1, X2)
44%
Dormammu[Deleted User]bk201helix72 4 votes
Nope, wait for something better. (X1, X2, X3)
0%

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I Think Hela looks promising, but since she hasn't got any special synergy with Doom or Captain Marvel you are probably better off waiting a while and seeing what the next fivestars are like.

Keep in mind that with special stores being more frequent lately it could be Worth hanging on to your CP even if you decide to open your tokens. But to cover a character from a special store you probably need at least 7K CP...

• heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:

I Think Hela looks promising, but since she hasn't got any special synergy with Doom or Captain Marvel you are probably better off waiting a while and seeing what the next fivestars are like.

Keep in mind that with special stores being more frequent lately it could be Worth hanging on to your CP even if you decide to open your tokens. But to cover a character from a special store you probably need at least 7K CP...

You are correct, with the special stores, it is a better strategy to save up the CP and get the killer covers there, but it has taken me a year to get 3.5k...I can't wait another one to get 7k.  If I thought I could mostly cover the 5*s with 170LT, I would save the CP, but I will most likely need to unload all of it to get a good amount of 5* covers.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    She is, but let's wait to see what the next two 5*s bring. CM and Doom are not worth it. (Hela, X1, X2)
    You don't want Doom or Captain Marvel. You want good 5-stars. They don't need to be meta-defining, just decent. Doom and Marvel are not decent, they're sub-par. The jury is still out on Hela, we'll see.
  • bk201
    bk201 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    I was in the same spot last year trying to get Okoye, unfortunately had enough resources only when she was leaving, so used all my CP and LT to cover her but I got a bunch of useless Wasp and Loki covers.

In your case, you already have the resources, but most important, you'll have plenty of time to analyze the next 5-stars until she leaves. I agree with Dormammu, you want another 2 good characters, at least someone that has more synergy with her. I'm using Okoye almost every match but it'd be better to pair her with another 5-star, specially in PvP.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that i have used her in a real situation ( even though she is only 1/3/1) , all  i have to say is this , the second she is covered, she is part of my full time PVE team, and is now my only 5* BH
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Duplicate thread please use the one below.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/78340/5-jump#latest
This discussion has been closed.