Crash of the Titans: Wakanda's Greatest Son vs. Prowler

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Messy board. Managed to get off first a yellow, then a blue. A couple of turns later I had enough red to finish him off. LT was... drumroll... A GE Doom yellow. New drumroll... and a Hela red BH. They are now 2/4/3 and 2/3/2. Not bad!

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try with my 5/5/3 LVL 278 Panther, but I had a lot of issue with the board as well.  A whole lot of black, which you would think would be good for someone named *Black* Panther.  Nope.

Once I had enough AP to activate the yellow repeater tile, I put that on the board, waiting for the tiles to show up before I used the red AP.  Once I got the repeater tile down, Prowler got his blue off, stunning Panther for three turns.  A match-4 black column that translated into a Match-6 (!!!) black column, which led to a match-4 crit purple row.  Suddenly, Panther's down a few thousand health, stunned, and another black makes him invisible for a couple of turns.  Eventually, the stun wore off, Prowler showed up, my special tiles started showing up, and a red finished off Prowler.  Good thing, since at the end of the match Panther was at about 150 health, and next turn would have taken him out.

Token to the hoard.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    190 4/5/3 Got it first try.

Theres was a lot of yellow on the board and in no time i had 2 repeaters cranking out special tiles and added a third shortly after. Fired his blue and red in short succession and he had about 7k when he fired his blue and stunned me. Luckily I had strikes and attacks spread out in unmatchable places and he died while I was still stunned.

LT gave me a champ level for Cloak and Dagger.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    That was actually kinda fun, the way some of Prowler's powers make some of Panther's dangerous and potentially counter-productive. Not hard for a champed Panther unless the board really screws you, but intriguing. One of the ones that makes me wish they'd make stuff like this a larger part of the game, rather than one fight every five days.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    This seems out of reach for a 1/2/1.
    Prowler is not a Hero, so I can't abuse Taskmaster's Sword here.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3 Level 282 Wakanda's Greatest Son

I too had a yellow dominant board and three repeaters out at one point. Never did get enough red though and it was a close one for me, as Prowler kept stealing my stuff. Luckily I had brought +match damage boosts and eventually overwhelmed him off that. I could see where this match might be nigh-impossible for an under-covered Panther, as Prowler is almost his perfect foil 1-on-1.

Token to the hoard.
  • boogle915
    boogle915 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Think I'm gonna struggle with my 3/5/0 Panther. Without a red cover, I struggle to do major damage...and then Prowler steals the defense tiles :)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    3/5/5 Lvl288 P4nther, with 3* Dora Milaje support, just because I leave that one with him. Actually could have potentially backfired, because it started off with a couple of Protects on the board, and if Prowler had been able to steal them, that could have slowed me way down.
    I tried to deny blue and black as best I could, and was also trying to pick up red and blue. Didn't bother with trying to use my yellow. Hit him once with a red, then dropped blue twice when there was a good cascade opportunity and the Kinetic Shield backlash just blasted him.
    Token was a Bishop champ level. Not gonna complain about that!
    boogle915 said:
    Think I'm gonna struggle with my 3/5/0 Panther. Without a red cover, I struggle to do major damage...and then Prowler steals the defense tiles :)
    Blue can do an astounding amount of damage, don't underestimate it. The trick is to not fire it until you're ready to finish him off, and have enough AP to fire it more than once by that point. That way he doesn't get a chance to steal your stuff.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/4/5 Lvl 274 BP traded some blows with Prowler, he kept fortifying matchable specials so I had to match 'em so he didn't steal, I got my yellow repeater out and had my red to go then he hit me with a stun. When I got out though he had fortified some of my shields and I got to match them and keep them, he refortified and I got to match again due to some lucky tile drops! He was a bit confused by then and was ripe for some red clawy slashiness thus bringing about his doom. 
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    This was actually an interesting fight. On one hand, Prowler is the most pathetically weak of all characters, being often counterproductive to himself and usually easier to beat than an unoccupied spot.  On the other hand, my Panther was 1/1/0 level 74, and both Panther's powers to create small and weak defense tiles  my usual tactic of using Chewie support to create attack tiles would feed into Prowler's only strength.

You can try to knock out the fortification by matching your own tiles, so he can't steal them.  But you also have to deny him his colors because at this low level you won't survive a blue hit and won't be able to recover from a black invisibility.

So I went at it clean, no supports, no powers used, no buffs, focused only on denial of his colors.  Got him down to 5% on the first try.

Added a stack of +Red/Yellow damage and crushed him like a tin can.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Panther and Prowler stepped into a blood-filled battlefield, with Prowler getting Tooth and Claw twice into submission.
  • boogle915
    boogle915 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    5 attempts...and with 20 hp left, a token to the hoard :)
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Second try for my 5/3/0 level 188 Black Panther. Since I'd never used him in battle before (unless required of course), I didn't have much of a strategy besides "deny blue", and that worked on the second try. My reward was a champ level for Moon Knight - second champ level for him in three days.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I champed Black Panther recently when I got a lucky 13th cover (Lv270, 5/3/5), but hadn't had a chance to play him until this Crash.  I went in with no boosts to test the waters and a friendly (which is to say, well randomized) board helped carry the day.  I got off an early yellow and matched my fortified tiles before he could, only for him to re-fortify them the following turn.  In the entire game, he only stole one protect tile and when I finally got the red AP to fire that power, he was a single match-3 from defeat.  Much smoother than expected, but I'll take it.

The LT gave me a red Magik, making her 0/4/1, although a lucky Heroic token pull made her 1/4/1 once the second PVE sub closed several hours later. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    boogle915 said:
    5 attempts...and with 20 hp left, a token to the hoard :)
    Congratulations! Beating a Crash with a poorly-covered Character is one of the most satisfying accomplishments in MPQ.
  • KillaBeeSwarm
    KillaBeeSwarm Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Add another voice to the "deny blue" strategy. More like "deny blue, then deny black" strategy. I bumped my 1/2/5 Black Panther from 150 to 170. The bump in health was the difference. He got off black once, I eventually had enough to cast red twice for the win.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I have a 2/2/2 BP and did it...just. Had to be careful when I launched my powers!