MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2019 Edition *Updated (5/29/19)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dark Phoenix releases on 7 June, whereas Spiderman Far away from Home releases on 2 July. Assuming there's some sort of celebration for both movies that last for 3-4 weeks, then it's plausible why Phoenix is required earlier than usual to avoid the celebrations overlapping. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited May 2019
    @JHawkInc Yes. Civil War will technically be 3.5 days long
    bluewolf said:
    Re:  Phoenix.  Endgamebration - ends May 26.  My list shows that the next Classic after Phoenix is Cap (Infinity War) so maybe - maybe - they wanted to end it with him so they skipped two Latests to sync that up.  Making Phoenix essential on 5/19 allows them to run Cap on May 23 for the last PVE, since they like to stick to their order once it's established (interruptions/repeats aside).

Could they have planned that?  Because that would actually be cool for reasons obvious to anyone who's seen the movie.
    -snip-
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not usually bothered about too much advance warning but my Co-Commander is likely going to be out of action for part of this and so knowing that info in advance would have been pretty useful in organising things with the limited time I have available to me. Otherwise Civil War is simply just chaos.

Unfortunately, the downside of playing this game has always been the expectation that the world revolves around it and so you had better not have anything else going on like working, sleeping, eating or losing access to the MPQ Matrix.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    I'm not usually bothered about too much advance warning but my Co-Commander is likely going to be out of action for part of this and so knowing that info in advance would have been pretty useful in organising things with the limited time I have available to me. Otherwise Civil War is simply just chaos.

Usually, it wouldnt be an issue anyway. If this were a normal boss event all you'd need to know is when its coming, you do it, you get what you get, you use what you earned in the next one.
     Knowing webbed wonder details, you could figure out what you get (3*Grocket, 4* Xpool) even if there is no sepetate info.
     But civil war is special, because it offers a choice. However, that is not an individual one, but one the entire team has to make. Together! And a global team takes time to make such choices!!
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Safe to say one side is going to award XF Deadpool, I wonder who the other 4-star reward will be. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

Usually, it wouldnt be an issue anyway. If this were a normal boss event all you'd need to know is when its coming, you do it, you get what you get, you use what you earned in the next one.
     Knowing webbed wonder details, you could figure out what you get (3*Grocket, 4* Xpool) even if there is no sepetate info.
     But civil war is special, because it offers a choice. However, that is not an individual one, but one the entire team has to make. Together! And a global team takes time to make such choices!!
    Yup, couldn't agree more. Please Mr.@Brigby Sir, we want some more!
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Well, now that it's in-game, the other one is Bucky...

Team Cap gives 3*Thor and 4*Winter Soldier (with Switch and Clagger for individual progress)

Team IM gives 3*Grocket and 4* Xpool (with Sentry and Hulkbuster for individual progress)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(05/17/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I'm guessing we're getting a new character release so soon so their Versus event can actually take place in-season and not take away an off-season event like what happened with Ronin. Regarding the inclusion of a recently-released character in SHIELD training, I can't say anything there.
    Savory (5/23/19) *New Update*
    3-Star Required: Black Panther (T'Challa), Magneto (Classic), Luke Cage (Hero for Hire), Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted)
    I appreciate getting DDQ details this far in advance, but... that's only four characters. Should I assume Storm is supposed to be between Magneto and Luke Cage?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Magik had at least been in tokens for a fair amount of time before being required for S.H.I.E.L.D Training. Thanos has been in tokens for like a week so far. He's my sole BH and I've only gotten one extra cover for him so far.

Granted, I'm hoarding right now, so not pulling a lot of 4*s anyways (the odd one from Heroics), but I haven't even pulled a cover for him from tokens yet. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh also, new release on a major holiday weekend that is a 3 day event so another 1hr apart PVP and new release PVE on a major holiday weekend.  Here we thought that Iron Man, Captain America and Thor was the Trifecta. Nope this is it!!!   
  • Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Any chance there's been an error here and Thanos (Endgame) for the SHIELD Training should instead be Namor or Talos?