New ending time slices for PvE and PvP?

Options
We got to choose start and ending time at the start of each PvE or PvP but choice is too limited and, depending on time belt, really uncomfortable.
Why not to add a new possibility shrinking the other ones?
So instead of 5 ending times to choose we could have 6 or 7?

Comments

• guzktgui
    guzktgui Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Oh man, that would be so nice, the worst part of MPQ is those terrible time slots
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish there was a 'start window', a 24 hour period when a player can start an event/sub. As soon as they start, the clock starts running. Basically, the player chooses their start/end time. Brackets would fill as normal on a 1st-come-1st-serve basis just like they do now. If you miss a PvE start window you can still join the event, but have to wait for the next sub's window. If you miss a PvP start window, you're out of luck.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What avour placement?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have long said the end times need to be looked at and possibly redistributed. They were introduced in late 2014, when the game was about a year old. A lot of things have happened since then, particularly in Story Mode. Back then Points refreshed in about 2½ hours, so you needed to hit the nodes as often as you could during the day and then grind out whatever was left Before the sub closed. When the next sub opened, you hit the nodes once and then waited for the timer to reset.

As the Story mode system is currently set up, for optimal play you need to hit the nodes four times as quickly as possible when the sub opens and then hit them again at the end of the sub. Previously the end grind was the big part, and while that is approximately as big as it was Before the initial grind has grown quite a bit. You don't have to hit the nodes throughout the day though.

I would absolutely be in favor of just shifting the Story mode end times one hour earlier. That way the time when you would make your end grind in the old system would be when you make your initial grind in the new system.

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I wish there was a 'start window', a 24 hour period when a player can start an event/sub. As soon as they start, the clock starts running. Basically, the player chooses their start/end time. Brackets would fill as normal on a 1st-come-1st-serve basis just like they do now. If you miss a PvE start window you can still join the event, but have to wait for the next sub's window. If you miss a PvP start window, you're out of luck.
    I made a post proposing something almost just like that: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75115/proposed-change-to-time-slices
  • DigitHAL9000
    DigitHAL9000 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    New time slices really sucks: my slice lasts an hour more.
    I was trying to make it shorter.
    Support Circuit has better slices.
  • DigitHAL9000
    DigitHAL9000 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Just to be clear: I play 4th time slice and got 5 hours since I stop playing to the end.
    To me a time slice ending at 2 a.m. or 3 a.m. would be a great improvement.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would be all for an extra time slice or two. Helps this game to be more global imo.