MTGPQ Sneak Peek: April 2019 Edition *Updated (4/24/19)

Comments

• deffjurke79
    deffjurke79 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Nodes of Power is a Legacy event, yes? It should be the darker green. I was confused.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Back to GRN RTs AND the eleventy billionth running of RotGP?  My enthusiasm level cannot be measured.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards

Brigby said:
    starfall said:
    Is there some behind the scenes reason that RotGP gets run all the time? There's usually bad feeling on the forums about it. Is it because more people sign up to it than any other event?
    While I understand that the forum has had some...history with the event, even after our most recent survey, it still consistently comes up as one of the top community favorites when it comes to Coalition events.

Having said that though, the team does still try to spread out the frequency in which it's run, in order to balance out the event calendar.

For example,  there were 3 other Coalition events (AWR, HoD, TDW) out of the 5 weekends between the previous run and the next run of RotGP. Prior to that, there were 7 other Coalition events (AWR, HoD, TDW, RtO, ZvsE, AM, TDW) out of the 9 weekends in between.
    Maybe it wouldn't be if there was a bigger choice - it's still one of the latest coalition events. I'll post it on my Slack and see how many players decide to opt out or leave the game.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards

Brigby said:
    starfall said:
    Is there some behind the scenes reason that RotGP gets run all the time? There's usually bad feeling on the forums about it. Is it because more people sign up to it than any other event?
    While I understand that the forum has had some...history with the event, even after our most recent survey, it still consistently comes up as one of the top community favorites when it comes to Coalition events.

Having said that though, the team does still try to spread out the frequency in which it's run, in order to balance out the event calendar.

For example,  there were 3 other Coalition events (AWR, HoD, TDW) out of the 5 weekends between the previous run and the next run of RotGP. Prior to that, there were 7 other Coalition events (AWR, HoD, TDW, RtO, ZvsE, AM, TDW) out of the 9 weekends in between.
    Maybe it wouldn't be if there was a bigger choice - it's still one of the latest coalition events. I'll post it on my Slack and see how many players decide to opt out or leave the game.
    The answer is : ten opted out for the event, two for good and the leader of a top five coaltion who played this game literally from the beginning left us for good.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby please update nex week schedule. :)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    (04/11/19) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, and Multiplayer events.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Seems to be a lil gap there on April 18. Anything special happening then?
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Why is the opt-in time for events only 6 hours? If I'm a player that doesn't check this particular thread I have no way of knowing when upcoming events are starting. Even worse, if it is a coalition event and the opt-in time starts just after going to sleep then the event will begin before I wake up and I won't be able to join a coalition to contribute at all. Which raises issue #2, why can't we contribute coalition points if we join after the event starts? If the fear is that coalitions will have their players use up charges then leave and other players join to get even more points for the coalition, just make the coalition lose the points when said players leave. If they rejoin the points come back but it only ever gets points for the 20 current players. This would mean the points have to be assigned to players, rather than coalitions which I imagine is how it works now.

• jogamundo
    jogamundo Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Can we get the HOD objectives for Samut?
  • Wafflesauce
    Wafflesauce Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2019
    HoD? More like "Hour of leaving the game for good". This weeks schedule did cost me three players players so far -  from an active group of around 125 players, we're down to 105 within a couple of weeks - and we've had half a dozen players joining.
    I know that other groups have similar problems.
    The wave of bugs, miscommunication and endlessly recycled events slowly steer me from "not spending money" to "not spending time".
    Echoing this. 
    I personally feel this way, along with several of my teammates.

Especially with all the times that I have put in effort to advocate against ever running a variable end time event again, such as RotGP. 

And as someone who works in QA/QC, it is very disheartening to see that they are not given the resources to do their job completely, leading to many of the bugs, crashes, errors, etc that come from production/management pushing things before they're ready/full tested. 
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Any chance of seeing what's on tap for next weekend?  Maybe a Standard PvP event like The Dragon War, or... The Dragon War, I guess?

• fiirst
    Gabrosin said:
    Any chance of seeing what's on tap for next weekend?  Maybe a Standard PvP event like The Dragon War, or... The Dragon War, I guess?

we didnt play RTO for a while..
  • Brigby
    (04/17/19) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, and Multiplayer events.
  • fiirst
    @Brigby please update next week schedule.
  • Brigby
    (04/24/19) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, and Multiplayer events.
  • fiirst
    @Brigby please provide May Sneaky preview