Crash of the Titans - Battle of the Redheads. Medusa vs Human Torch

sambrookjm
sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
With a champed Medusa, this was a really easy fight.  Human Torch isn't at LVL 270.  Some match damage, a couple of tile matching, and boom, down he goes.  Even with a very unfriendly board for Medusa, it was simple.  (I had 20 black AP by the end of the mach, and 4 purple.)  If you have a lower leveled Medusa, definitely try this one out.  Odds are better than average that you can beat this one.

Token to the hoard, and it's #100.

Comments

• Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Medusa is one of my best 4*s at 4/3/2 188.  This was a zero-effort win.  Let him have all the Black he wants, deny him Red, and match his fist tiles when he activates Black.  You've really got nothing else to do, after all.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/5/4 Level 302 Medusa

Like @sambrookjm said, this is a cakewalk for anyone with a champed redhead. For anyone with an unchamped Medusa, attach Vibranium Ore support if you have it (and your Medusa has at least one red cover). It'll add to her countdown tile's damage. Chase purple and let Johnny match black, so you can steal his attack tiles (but you'll need 4 in purple). It's red and green you'll want to deny.

My token became part of the hoard.
  • Salacious_D
    Salacious_D Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    First CotT attempt and first win!

Went in with a 1/5/4 at at Level 183, C4rol is my only other competitive 4*. The 4th purple was a recent lucky strike from the War of the Realms store.

Boosted 40% match damage, 50% critical, 20% red and yellow. Support was Lv50 1* Chewie (create attack tiles).

Grabbed purple early and slowly wore him down with Entanglement and attack tile damage. Got hit by one fireball to bring me down to half health. Waited for the Inferno, stole a couple with Hair Meddle and won with the attack tile damage on that turn.

2786 health left at the end, only two turns to spare due to the attack tiles still on the board. Glad I went a little OTT with the boosts and very happy with LT#58.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have Medusa just short of Lvl 300, so this was pretty much a walk in the park. I was able to deny red and green while picking up purple and leaving black around for Johnny boy. He never managed to fire anything but his black, and I had my purple ready, so he regretted that pretty quickly. And also pretty briefly.
    Token waiting for Hela.
  • Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    First crash where I didn't need to cheese the opponent with Pocket Radio and red/green damage boosts because Medusa is one of my only covered and champed 4*s.

Pulled a Riri with BH Baby Groot from the LT.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Medusa is my third highest leveled four star at 290, right behind Blade and Captain Marvel, so I didn't expect much trouble. I forgot to respec her to 4/5/4 from 5/5/3, but even so, the countdown saved the day. I was sort of amused that I didn't manage to match my countdown the entire match, as apparently Medusa thought she was Scarlet Witch for some reason, and buried all of her countdowns in the corners. The board was ridiculously blue heavy, so much so that we both ended up at 30 blue by the end of it. I only ate one inferno, and that was two turns before my countdown took him down.
    My reward was a yellow 5* Captain Marvel, my first cover for her, hooray!
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2019
    1/2/5 lvl 172. But I still beat him :D. Was tricky but I collected tons of purple starved him of green and RED. Let him take in black then stole his attack tiles ;) Beat him in one go with purple/blue boosted 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    First CotT attempt and first win!

Congrats!  First one is often the hardest...except for Captain Falcon. :)

As for me, I had a Lv280 Medusa and matched the countdown tile four straight turns.  So yeah, it was over pretty quick.

LT was a yellow Agent Venom.