MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2019 Edition *Updated (4/26/19)

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone think they're about to "snap" half of our rosters away or something?
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    jackstar0 said:
    As long as an avengers story "undoes" the damage I'm ok with it ;)
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Any Easter present from D3 by any chance? Maybe a bunny variant costume for Gwen poole or something?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,241 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sooooo bored with MPQ 2016.  Can we see some newer character rewards soon?
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Thanos said:
    Brigby So no new release next week?
    We've got some new stuff coming. Don't worry ;)

This was 6 days ago, any hints/thoughts on what to expect? 

At this rate, should we expect the new character release to be next week instead of tomorrow? 

• TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    jackstar0 said:
    This would a great excuse to bring back Heroics!
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    What is going on here? Magik has not been featured the entire season!
    The one character I’m struggling to cover.. need at least one more non blue cover so I can do shield trainings
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is going on here? Magik has not been featured the entire season!
    The one character I’m struggling to cover.. need at least one more non blue cover so I can do shield trainings
    Same here, except I need a non-red.
  • bluewolf
    I like the early PVP event info....and am waiting to see what the PVE will be Monday.....

Endgame excitement is in the air. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(04/12/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - ??? (4/18/19) *New Update*
    Required Characters:
    4-Star: ???, Nick Fury, Carnage, Moon Knight
    Finally, a rare S.H.I.E.L.D. Training that doesn't require new releases, and that rewards you for having a full roster! I don't know who ??? is, but I'm excited to get them.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Oh my goodness!!!! All the required characters for Shield Training I have champed!!!
  • bluewolf
    edited April 2019
    It's great that the ST essentials are all Vintage for vets...not sure how newer people feel.  I do hope we see the Latest 4's again soon in PVE...the All Vintage run is kind of nice for high champ levels but I like working on the new ones too.

Looking forward to the boss release for the new Don.  It's a holiday weekend for a lot of players and making it less stressful is nice.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Okoye
    This is the second time Okoye has been featured in a spot where we would expect a Classic 5, even though her "turn" in the rotation isn't until... July, by my estimate. Both she and Thor got an "extra" turn when their costumes came out, and Doc Ock when Sinister 600 ran. When we're talking about the entire cycle (running each classic 5 one time) taking 9 months this time around (and it gets a little longer each time as new 5's are added), it's significant when one character shows up 3x as often as some others.

Granted, Thor and Okoye are good candidates to run extra times because they're popular, and it gets a more valuable 5* HFH store up in front of the players (even if it isn't "fair" to other 5's). And with the character selection in both PVP and PVE (Gamora, 4* Black Widow, Iron Man 40, Nick Fury, and a new release) we've got a pretty solid string of MCU-related characters being featured, feels like a good thematic lean-in to Endgame celebrations.

I would say again it's awesome having some forewarning of stuff. Wheels have already been put in motion for our group of alliances to make sure we're all ready for Avengers vs Ultron to maximize rewards for our players.

And I would reiterate how awesome it is that the Shield Training has older characters that players have had more time to cover. I've already heard some people excited that they'll be able to get all three to level 209 in time, and I think that's better than the bummer people would feel if they were stuck with a newer character they couldn't get ready in time. Even if it costs the dev's a "free" cover for the new character (that players aren't going to chase or spend to acquire), it's worth the positive attitude it generates.

Devs, I hope you're listening, because as often as we complain about something we want fixed, it's extra worth making sure you guys know when we like stuff that's happening, too.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnage+Prowler should be an interesting pair of boosted characters.
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Okoye
    This is the second time Okoye has been featured in a spot where we would expect a Classic 5, even though her "turn" in the rotation isn't until... July, by my estimate. Both she and Thor got an "extra" turn when their costumes came out, and Doc Ock when Sinister 600 ran. When we're talking about the entire cycle (running each classic 5 one time) taking 9 months this time around (and it gets a little longer each time as new 5's are added), it's significant when one character shows up 3x as often as some others.

Granted, Thor and Okoye are good candidates to run extra times because they're popular, and it gets a more valuable 5* HFH store up in front of the players (even if it isn't "fair" to other 5's). And with the character selection in both PVP and PVE (Gamora, 4* Black Widow, Iron Man 40, Nick Fury, and a new release) we've got a pretty solid string of MCU-related characters being featured, feels like a good thematic lean-in to Endgame celebrations.

I would say again it's awesome having some forewarning of stuff. Wheels have already been put in motion for our group of alliances to make sure we're all ready for Avengers vs Ultron to maximize rewards for our players.

And I would reiterate how awesome it is that the Shield Training has older characters that players have had more time to cover. I've already heard some people excited that they'll be able to get all three to level 209 in time, and I think that's better than the bummer people would feel if they were stuck with a newer character they couldn't get ready in time. Even if it costs the dev's a "free" cover for the new character (that players aren't going to chase or spend to acquire), it's worth the positive attitude it generates.

Devs, I hope you're listening, because as often as we complain about something we want fixed, it's extra worth making sure you guys know when we like stuff that's happening, too.
    Do you have a list of the PVE featured 5* and future projections?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, and I'm sure I'm not the only one here on the forums that does. It's basically all of the info from the Sneak Peek threads, just formatted and sorted into one place.

Unfortunately it's messy at the moment, because I put in a lot of unexplained labels and shorthand, so parts of it wouldn't make a lot of sense to someone else. So for that reason I don't share it (yet, I'm working on cleaning up the spreadsheet so I can share it), but I don't mind answering any questions, either. Or at least giving the best educated guess I can, based on the data I have.

My future projections only go through the end of June (when this cycle ends and all Classic will have been featured at least once), but I can sit down and plot something out past that easy enough, I just haven't bothered yet. And some of it is guesswork, since there are some things I can't predict and things that change over time, but when you're talking about whether or not a character will next show up in May or October, the rough estimate works pretty well.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    I've bookmarked this thread: 
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70294/list-of-featured-5-essentials#latest

Any time there is something special going on (celebrations, tie-ins, awards, whatever) there is a good chance they will deviate from the expected, but its a good starting point nevertheless.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Why are we not talking more about who ??? is??? Have they not decided? Would it be a spoiler of something we’re about to find out regarding Endgame? Could they be so cruel as to make it Talos and they don’t want the backlash early?