4-star DDQ: Ant vs. Spider

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
4/4/5 Level 150 Iron Spider

One of the last lingering classic fours I have yet to champ. It was an easy win, over the moment I had enough to cast red.

Token to the hoard.

Comments

• thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    5/3/5 lvl 209 Spider, gathered AP until he used his first skill, then two thwips and a punch ko'ed the Ant. Probably should have ended it a lot sooner, but I got infatuated with all the web tiles.

Yellow 5* CM to 1/0/1
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, filled the board with webbed tiles and two red casts later ant is down. Lt was 4* champ level.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    I was slow getting the red but once I had it, the board was awash in web tiles (especially as Ant-Man had not gotten his yellow off which is the big remover of webs). I paused a moment to count up the damage but once I got to 12 red-green-blue webs, I stopped. More than enough. :)

The token to the Hela hoard.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Only needed web and 1 shot of red. My guy only has 11 covers, more than enough though as this match up is very one-sided imo.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like this could be a problem if Scott really got going, but Spidey is fast enough that that isn't much of a concern. It took me a while to match enough red to punch him, but that meant that there were a ton of web tiles out by the time I did, so it dropped him in one hit.
    Token waiting for better Latest.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Level 90 0/2/1, carried by my 200 4* Chewie support once again.  Thwip as often as possible to get Chewie's fists fortified, and otherwise just make as many multimatches as possible to generate fists.

Four Crashes in, and it's looking like one good support can make up for most of a roster of 4s for this event.

At day 300, by the way.

Token saved for the coming goddess of death.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,549 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 lVL 280 Infini-Spider

I sort of like the bug theme of this match-up but the reality is an easy win for Spidey. It took forever to get red but even when I was down to about 4k health left and he had double that I wasn't overly in trouble and once the red arrived then it was fight over in one hit.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    On my first try with my 4/2/3 level 127 Spidey, I took my level 100 Chewie in with me. Sadly the board was littered with blue. This proved to be my undoing, as now I had to deny yellow, purple, AND blue, instead of just yellow and purple. Ant-man insultingly killed me with my own attack tiles.
    Second try with a now level 137 Spidey I took Shuri's Lab, which helped with extra red and damage on red and green matches. Even though his yellow ate through my web tiles pretty quickly, I managed to do him in with a green-green-red punch.
    My reward was a saved blue cover for Ghost.