paint it Black for BW?

Options
Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
My 5BW widow is 4/5/3. My 4BW is at 271. 

Is it worth chasing 5BW in paint it Black tokens even after getting a first hela cover?

(I have 8x 5* champs including Thanos, DD, Thor, strange, okoye when I get 1 more shuri cover.)

I am not sure how much impact 5bw would have on my day-to-day play experience.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She's not a bad 5-star and has some punch. Her drawbacks are that her abilities are expensive and she doesn't offer much synergy with others. With your stable of 5-star champs you likely won't use her in PvE as anything more than Thanos fodder on easy nodes, but you may find a use for her in PvP.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

Zero.
    She's way too slow for PVE and PVP.
    Long gone are the days when she was a little threat in PVP.

Champ her if you get a cover by accident, but don't chase her.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My widow is only 2/0/2 and Panther is championed. I can still get 5 covers of widow from her feeder and thought I should pull to get hela. Took 15 pulls before hela drop and on the way I got 2 widows. Lucky I didn’t hit any panthers. Don’t think I will pull anymore from this store and the long game widow will be 11 covers. Hopefully she will pop up in some other store worth pulling and I can finish her. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    My 5BW widow is 4/5/3. My 4BW is at 271. 

Is it worth chasing 5BW in paint it Black tokens even after getting a first hela cover?

(I have 8x 5* champs including Thanos, DD, Thor, strange, okoye when I get 1 more shuri cover.)

Very little, like others said, she's not bad but there's rarely a time where I think "Oh 5* Widow would be great for this!".

Purple is dependent on countdown tiles and the game has moved away from those (except on goons, and its still not a good power with a base cost of 12 AP).

Her red can pack a nice punch, if you're willing to let the AI get 12AP in a color... but why would do that? It happens sometimes on accident but its still a single target 12 AP power.

Black's decent, the whole under 20% health is basically useless, same with the stunning for 1 turn when one of your teammates is stunned, its not useful.

Just wait for Blondie to give you that last cover.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BW was my second 5* champ right after Black Bolt.  At the time, she wasn't awful, particularly paired with Black Bolt who accelerates everyone.  The meta has moved so far past her it isn't funny - her powers are too expensive for what they do.  On paper her purple is neat since it's cost is reduced by CDs, it does damage, and it destroys special tiles, but since it only destroys 3 specials it just plain doesn't do enough.  Her black was good damage back in the day, but Ghost Rider and Jessica Jones both rival it.
    You'll champ her with 4* BW eventually, and she's good enough for PVE right now.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This thread inspired me to start a new series: Fix a 5*
    Check it out!