Why am I still playing?

Options
2»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,375 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was I the only Slice 1 player asking themselves the thread title as the outage impacted me?

Just about every day one of the first things I do is play this silly game.  Often doing the exact same things in a different way.  Trying to avoid matching purple vs 2BE.  Taking out Ares early before he gets green.  Clearing in the exact right order as best I can.  Etc.

So many times we have asked for a different thing, a different way, something.  And the answer is the same every time.

Why is my enjoyment of my week and day being impacted by whether some servers in Cambridge are running or not?
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If the 5s were juicy and the meta kept shifting....  totally different story.  But these recent weak 5s are hurting the vet players bigtime.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’m dropping out of my alliance for the same reasons. The game isn’t fun and I’m tired of being on the hamster wheel doing six or seven meaningless clears to accumulate rewards for characters I won’t ever use. I’m tired of scheduling my life around clears and looking forward to my newly found free time.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I took a huge step back about a month ago and it is so refreshing.  I have JJ/Thor/Okoye/Thanos champed and felt like I was just spending an hour or more each day just doing the same thing over and over and over again.

I found a more casual alliance, do DDQ daily, sometimes do PVE for a token and will hit the next Boss Event hard.  It is way more fun and I don't feel pressured to do anything by a certain time.

It's not for all, but taking a step back has been great for me.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1500+ days here.  The grind is terrible.  I long since abandoned any ambitions of placement better than T100, and lately I only play optionally for progression (I'd say that I hit it maybe 3 times out of 5, depending on the event and the boosted team).  I really do like the match-3 playstyle and getting new characters/powers to play with, but having to do it for hours a day absolutely sucks all the fun out of it.  If the game focused more on challenge (and I'm definitely not saying just increase all the enemies' hit points by 1000%) than repetition, maybe I wouldn't keep questioning why I bother on a regular basis.