MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2019 Edition *Updated (3/31/19)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sadly, Gritty will far outpace Kraven and you'll have a giant "kick me" sign on defense if you're trying to use him in more than one match hops.  And I'd be worried you'll be in a long drawn out match regardless.

Side note:  The WW loaner mode - Talos, Hood, 2Cap - is one of the worst ones I can remember recently.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

Side note:  The WW loaner mode - Talos, Hood, 2Cap - is one of the worst ones I can remember recently.
    Agreed, this took ages as I used all loaners as I always do. Horrible "team".
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Loosie said:
    My 2/0/6 Mordo does not like the colours given for progression rewards....Blue would have been preferred over Purple, but such is life.
    My 5/1/5 Mordo is thinking the exact same thing...
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I'm finding the loaners fairly easy, ignore the tile mover and focus on the goons, especially healers.  Chase red and yellow and Cap can start knocking the goons down faster and then the twin lorcans pretty much one shot the tile mover.
    Would be nice if Talos was more useful in this, and not sure how they'll fair against the symbiotes but for me been nowhere near the worst or slowest team of loaners.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Truth. When 2Cap is doing a lot of the heavy lifting for a 2/3/4 team, something is wrong.
    Since Hood and Cap/LazyCap have always had such good synergy, it’s really not •that• bad of a 2/3/4 team, all things considered—particularly as they have such excellent board control in an event where most of the loaner enemies are goons.  If the 4* was merely a low-tier character like Jubilee, it might even pass without notice, but this team just puts a big, ‘ol exclamation point on Talos’ deficiencies.  Even compared to other 4*’s who are largely support characters, I’m really struggling to think of ANY 2/3/4 combination where there’s some team synergy yet Talos isn’t the weakest link.  I’m just glad the 2/3 combo isn’t someone like 2Bullseye & Loki where they’re both squishy and punch-less.
  • bluewolf
    I don't know if they picked Hulk because it was time to run Banner (it is his time in the schedule).  In theory I support the attempt to make the 5E and event tie together, but neither are very fun to me.  We're closing in on 5 1/2 years of playing the Hulk event.....

I'm just assuming Banner is getting neither a rework (Ock got one, but Banner is too hard to deal with since he's two characters you switch between) nor a feeder (which I think it's time to give up on, at least until Endgame.  Hope until then, then assume the ship has sailed.).
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Geez, Banner is 5E. My Banner is 0/2/0 - so that is basically 7 days of Bruce helping the opposition kill me by giving them meaty strike tiles. Yay!
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    bluewolf said:
    The WW loaner mode - Talos, Hood, 2Cap - is one of the worst ones I can remember recently.

Did you try the loaners just two weeks ago in the Cosmic Chaos event?
    In particular day 2 with 4*Bishop / 3*LukeCage / 2*Thor who for some reason were all de-leveled to 116 or less instead of the usual loaner levels, against level 100 Mindless Ones.  Eyebeams ahoy!
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Since Nick Fury's PvP is going on, it would be great to update his character page.
    @Brigby Do you have anyone who can update the powers and costs, and also list the updated affects of his yellow Avengers Assemble! ability?

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/6444/nick-fury-director-of-s-h-i-e-l-d/p1

Thanks!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    RickOShay said:
    Since Nick Fury's PvP is going on, it would be great to update his character page.
    Brigby Do you have anyone who can update the powers and costs, and also list the updated affects of his yellow Avengers Assemble! ability?

Thanks!
    Hmm...usually I use a debug build on my office computer to grab those stats, and I personally don't have a 13 cover Nick Fury (yet), so I'll have to figure something out or see if anyone at the office is able to take care of that.

If that doesn't work, then I'll be sure to update it when I return to the office.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    RickOShay said:
    @Brigby Do you have anyone who can update the powers and costs, and also list the updated affects of his yellow Avengers Assemble! ability?

Thanks!
    @Rick_OShay
    @Brigby

Here's what the old power change post stated.  Hope it helps:

Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.) Update:

Avengers Assemble
    Level 270, at power level 5:
    Power now costs 10 Yellow AP (Down from 12). Each power level adds an additional Avenger without requiring additional AP. 

*New Update*
    Director Fury summons Earth’s mightiest heroes. Shield in hand, Captain America leads the charge with Iron Man, charged and locked on, Hawkeye, aiming to win, Hulk, hungry to smash, and Black Widow, set up to stun. 
    • Captain America creates a Protect tiles with a strength of 64
    • Iron Man deals 2,940 Damage
    • Hawkeye Creates 3 Critical Tiles
    • Hulk deals 722 AOE Damage
    • Black Widow stuns for 2 turns
    Demolition
    No changes

Escape Plan
    Power now costs 11 AP (down from 12). Initial damage has been increased while the amount of AP stolen, Strike tile strength and Countdown tile duration has been lowered.

*New Update*
    Enemy intel stolen, Nick Fury leads his team to safety. Deals 6,224 damage and creates a 2-turn Countdown tile that, when activated, steals 6 AP from the enemy's strongest color before converting to a strength 180 Strike tile.
  • bluewolf
    I realize the Hulk is running for *sigh* about 5 more days, but a PVP update would be nice.  Looks like Beast coming next.  Then....?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I realize the Hulk is running for *sigh* about 5 more days, but a PVP update would be nice.  Looks like Beast coming next.  Then....?

I was thinking the same the same thing for DDQ, which cycles to Hulkbuster’s rotation in under 12 hours
  • Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    edited March 2019
    Real McCoy - Beast (Classic) (3/24/19) *New Update*
    Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Shuri (Master Engineer) - Red
    3-Star: Beast (Classic) - Green, Blue
    2-Star: Bullseye (Dark Avengers) - Black
    1-Star: Juggernaut (Classic) - Red

Placement Rewards: 
    4-Star: Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) - Yellow, Red
    3-Star: Colossus (Classic) - Red, Yellow, Black
    2-Star: Human Torch (Johnny Storm) - Black, Red, Green

Alliance Placement Rewards: 
    3-Star: Colossus (Classic) - Red
    2-Star: Human Torch (Johnny Storm) - Black, Red

Source: Marvel Puzzle Quest
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Ddq crash is hulkbuster

Today's burrito is ghost rider 4, iron man 40, and magneto 2

Next 5 enchiladas: vision, dr strange, thanos, hawkguy, starlord
  • bluewolf
    edited March 2019
    Next PVP should be Colossus, based on the 3* rewards. 

Note that Nebula is appearing in the Crash after Hbuster. She will be out of order, so maybe they are going to run the main folks in the Endgame trailers as Crashes leading up to the movie release. 

That would allow Rocket, War Machine, Ant Man, Blonde Widow at least, taking us to about 2 days before release. 

(credit to @therightwaye for this observation)
  • lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    What's going on with the sneak peek? Not really a sneak peek if we see it on the app first! :smiley:
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(03/25/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, Weekly Buffs, and info on 5-Star Hela