**** Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D) ****

Unknown
edited March 2019 in Character Details
4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes, Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D., Team Iron Man
yellowtilepng bluetilepng purpletilepng

"Nick Fury is the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. and a worthy combatant due to his military training and relentless physical conditioning.

What makes him truly formidable is his executive access to the technology, operatives, intelligence, and affiliations of S.H.I.E.L.D."

(Abilities listed at level 270)
13,035 Health
yellowtilepng 85 | bluetilepng 74 | purpletilepng 65 |  43 | greentilepng 13 |  12 | blacktilepng 11 |  3.5x

Avenger's Assemble! -  10 yellowtilepng AP
The world in peril, Director Fury summons Earth's mightiest heroes. Shield in hand, Captain America leads the charge with Iron Man, charge and locked on, Hawkeye, aiming to win, Hulk, hungry to smash, and Black Widow, set up to stun.

Captain America
  • Level 1: N/A at level 270
  • Level 2: N/A at level 270
  • Level 3: Creates 2 strength 50 Protect tiles
  • Level 4: Creates 2 strength 60 Protect tiles
  • Level 5: Creates 2 strength 64 Protect tiles
Iron Man
  • Level 2: N/A at level 270
  • Level 3: Deals 1173 damage to the target
  • Level 4: Deals 1552 damage to the target
  • Level 5: Deals 2166 damage to the target
Hawkeye
  • Level 3: Creates 2 Critical tiles
  • Level 4: No Change
  • Level 5: Creates 3 Critical tiles
The Hulk
  • Level 4: Deals 379 damage to the enemy team.
  • Level 5: Deals 722 damage to the enemy team
Black Widow
  • Level 5: Stuns the target enemy for 2 turns
Demolition - 10 bluetilepng AP
Fury directs his agents to set traps at reported enemy locations. Creates 2 Trap tiles that, when matched by the enemy, detonate in unison dealing 1497 damage each (but not generating AP). If you match a trap, it detonates dealing 749 damage. Enemies cannot see the trap.
  • Level 2: Creates 3 Trap tiles...
  • Level 3: Creates 4 Trap tiles...
  • Level 4: Creates 5 Trap tiles...
  • Level 5: Creates 7 Trap tiles...
Escape Plan - 11 purpletilepng AP
Enemy intel stolen, Nick Fury leads his team to safety. Deals 1804 damage and creates a 3-turn Countdown tile that, when activated, steals 2 AP from the enemy's strongest color before converting to a strength 110 Strike tile.
  • Level 2: Deals 2624 damage...converting to a strength 130 Strike tile.
  • Level 3: Deals 3067 damage and creates a 2-turn Countdown tile...steals 3 AP...converting to a strength 137 Strike tile.
  • Level 4: Deals 3879 damage...steals 4 AP...converting to a strength 162 Strike tile.
  • Level 5: Deals 6224 damage...steals 6 AP...converting to a strength 180 Strike tile.
Old Abilities
[anchor=nickfury4]Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.)[/anchor]
4 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link
At Max Level: HP: 13974 Tile damage: 82/11/73/64/11/10/3.5
Avengers Assemble! - Yellow 12 AP
With the world in peril, Director Fury summons Earth's mightiest heroes. The Sentinel of Liberty, Captain America, is first on the scene. ( Convert 2 random tiles to protect tiles)
Level Upgrades
    Level 2 – Iron Man heeds the call, weapons primed. (Requires but does not consume 5 Red AP) - Deal 1370 damages Level 3 – Hawkeye sets up and take aim. (Requires but does not consume 5 purple AP) - Create 2 random critical tiles. Level 4 – Appearing from nowhere, Black Widow's arrival stings. (Requires but does not consume 5 blue AP) - Stun target for 3 turn. Level 5 – Hulk lands. Hulk smashes. (Requires but does not consume 5 green AP) - Deal 685 damages to all enemies.
Max Level:
3 covers: Creates two 163 strength Protect tiles and Deals 2720 damage to target.
4 covers: Creates two 163 strength Protect tiles and Deals 2720 damage to target.
5 covers: Creates two 163 strength Protect tiles and Deals 2720 damage to target and 1360 damage to all enemies.
Demolition - Blue 10 AP
Fury directs his agents to set traps at reported enemy locations. Creates 2 trap tiles that, when matched by the enemy, detonate in unison dealing 348 damage each (but not generating AP). If you match a trap it detonates dealing 174 damage. Enemies cannot see the trap.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2 – Creates 3 traps. Level 3 – Creates 4 traps. Level 4 – Creates 5 traps. Level 5 – Creates 7 traps.
Max Level: Dealing 1505 damage each
Escape Plan - Purple 12 AP
Enemy intel stolen, Nick Fury leads his team to safety. Deals 210 damage and creates a 3 turn Countdown that, when activated, steals 3 AP from the enemy's strongest color before converting to a 42 Strike tile.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2 – Increases Strike tile strength to 147. Level 3 - 882 damage. Level 4 - Steals 9 AP. Level 5 - Reduces Countdown to 2 turns.
Max Level: 3809 damage, 2 turn Countdown tile stealing 9 AP and leaving a 634 strength Strike tile.
        Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
          Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
          Placeholder
        • What exactly does Avengers Assemble do?
        • kensterr
          kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
          Yay! Nick Fury is a ****!

Yellow 12 AP Avengers Assemble
          Blue 10 AP Demolition
          Purple 12 AP Escape Plan
        • Maybe IceIX will put up a video of nick using Avengers Assemble because I really want to see that in action!
        • Maybe IceIX will put up a video of nick using Avengers Assemble because I really want to see that in action!
          I'm guessing that Nick leaves combat for a turn or 2 and is replaced by a same level Lazy Cap / IM40 or whatever's next. And apparently with at least 1 skill ready to go.
        • DirigiblePilot
          DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
          I saw "You could win Nick Fury!" in the description of Season 1 and I literally said out loud "What the tinykitty?"

EDIT: Ohhhhhh damn he actually looks like he'll be the first GOOD legendary character!
        • Is it just me or does Sam Jackson seem like an amazing 4*?

Also, really wanna know what avengers assemble actually does...
        • Holy.....awesome.....
        • DirigiblePilot
          DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
          edited April 2014
          Spoiler contains profanity (and Picard!)
          gaNOKFv.png

Edit: Next time, replace swear words with Tiny Kitty please.
        • gamar wrote:
          What exactly does Avengers Assemble do?

Based on the Cap description I would guess he uses an avenger's ability. Sentinel of Liberty is Cap yellow ability. Then based on the need for red Unibeam from IM40 at second level.

Demolition - Finally a Trap Mechanism that creates enough traps to actual be worth using.

Escape plan - quite the mix of ability types in one move. Direct damage, AP steal and a Strike tile. I would guess that each part of the ability gets buffed it gets lvled. Ie Strike tiles first, then Ap steal, then direct damage, then reduced countdown.
        • I'm back briefly just to give a colossal what the **** with regards to Nick Fury. Why are you pushing him out before we've even seen Xforce rebalanced? You're literally making a landfill of past characters with moves like this and quite frankly it's a huge slap in the face (on top of a few others you've delivered). I'm hoping that I'm just jumping the gun and that we'll see Xforce changes in the next week or two, but given how feet have been dragging with any character rebalancing, consider my breath not held.
        • Kamahl_FoK wrote:
          I'm back briefly just to give a colossal what the **** with regards to Nick Fury. Why are you pushing him out before we've even seen Xforce rebalanced? You're literally making a landfill of past characters with moves like this and quite frankly it's a huge slap in the face (on top of a few others you've delivered). I'm hoping that I'm just jumping the gun and that we'll see Xforce changes in the next week or two, but given how feet have been dragging with any character rebalancing, consider my breath not held.

I think you're being a bit too harsh. It will be a full month before anyone will even win the guy and you will only have one cover of him. Even if you spent 10,000 HP (lol)to max that color out, he's still worthless.
        • jojeda654
          jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
          Toxicadam wrote:
          It will be a full month before anyone will even win the guy and you will only have one cover of him.

25 days is a full month? icon_eek.gif What calendar do you have? icon_lol.gif
        • Toxicadam wrote:
          I think you're being a bit too harsh. It will be a full month before anyone will even win the guy and you will only have one cover of him. Even if you spent 10,000 HP (lol)to max that color out, he's still worthless.

That's not the point here. The issue is that we're seeing a new shiny carrot dangled while the original turd on a stick isn't being polished up at all. Top players will be accruing Fury covers quickly enough (assuming they start putting Xforce / IW covers on prog rewards only for a bit, and just push NF covers for a month or so). I hate giving analogies but I'm sure you can come up with one where people are promised updates to an existing product, and then another is being shoved out before the original has even been touched.
        • gamar wrote:
          Looks like the new 4* special move is to become a 3* for a turn........... LMFAO
        • Spoit
          Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
          Rorex wrote:
          gamar wrote:

Based on the Cap description I would guess he uses an avenger's ability. Sentinel of Liberty is Cap yellow ability. Then based on the need for red Unibeam from IM40 at second level.

Demolition - Finally a Trap Mechanism that creates enough traps to actual be worth using.

Escape plan - quite the mix of ability types in one move. Direct damage, AP steal and a Strike tile. I would guess that each part of the ability gets buffed it gets lvled. Ie Strike tiles first, then Ap steal, then direct damage, then reduced countdown.
          Sentinel of liberty for only 12 yellow? That's a bit OP.
        • repronaz wrote:
          gamar wrote:
          Looks like the new 4* special move is to become a 3* for a turn........... LMFAO
          I want one really, just trying to make everybody else not want him so that he is easier to get!!
        • NorthernPolarity
          NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
          So uh... does getting a 147 damage strike tile at level 30 and level 2 purple seem a little crazy to anyone else?
        • So uh... does getting a 147 damage strike tile at level 30 and level 2 purple seem a little crazy to anyone else?

I thought about it, but it uses 12 purple and you have 3 turns to get rid of the CD, and then you can still get rid of the strike tile itself, so it's probably okay for this ability to be a bit ridiculous when it finally resolves safely.

It seems like instead of figuring out how to salvage X Force (which is really hard, because all his ability are straight up damage and it's hard to make them good and not OP on a character with 9K HP) they just decided to start over with Nick Fury. His abilities looks pretty good, outside of Avengers Assemble which we literally have no idea what it does at this point.

I think it'd be funny if Avengers Assemble gets you an extra character on your team (or more). That'd be totally P2W, but having 8 guys on your team sounds cool enough that I don't mind.
        • Spoit wrote:
          Rorex wrote:
          gamar wrote:

Sentinel of liberty for only 12 yellow? That's a bit OP.
          The power creep is real