did you pull?

Options
jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
my goal was to pull until i got one of each colour for cap marvel. started with 49 lt's. took 37 pulls to get her to 1/1/1. also nabbed 4 fatpin to bring him to 5/4/2 (good enough for a character i'm not going after) and 1 doom to go to 2/1/2. first 5* i pulled came with a bonus strange that finally let me champ him!  small successes like these keep a guy going through the grind so today was decent mpq wise.

plan is to wait and hope whomever pushes fat pin out is worth going all in for. if the trend of weaksauce characters continues it might be time to step for awhile. 

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had 460CP and 41 tokens. I got her from 1 cover to 4 covers. A bit disappointing, didn't get a single bonus 5*.
    But I got Doom from 8 covers to champed and level 451, so that was good. Kingpin got 2 covers, too.

It...was not a good sign that champing Doom didn't feel as exciting as I'd assumed it would...
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I pulled from the release vault as I needed more Silver Surfers and Starlords. Along the way I got 3 Captain Marvels.
    With Kingpin champed and Doom at 1 cover, I am hoarding until Endgame's tie in.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    22 tokens to get a Marvel cover so that I can do her essentials (plus some tokens/CP in the previous special stores which all failed to get her). Two Kingpin and one Doom cover along the way so not bad as draw rates go. But I'd have stopped at one pull if I'd got the Marvel cover then. This seemingly neverending hoarding is annoying, but I just can't justify breaking it properly for such a **** collection of 5*s.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had to get at least 1 cover of captain marvel for future pve essentials. Took 19 pulls before 1 dropped. At least I also got 3x 5* (2 kingpin and a doom) plus a bonus hero (strange). 4/19 is 21% (not factoring the bonus hero). Could have stopped here but then I couldn't stop myself and did 31 more (just to round it to a nice number of 50 pulls, wasn't really chasing anyone). In the end, I only got 3 more 5*s (another carol and 2 more kingpin). All up that's 7/50, resulting in 14%. 

Cable left unfinished at 5/4/2 with 2 saved covers
    Kingpin has poor distribution at 5/0/1
    Doom is slightly better at 3/1/3
    Captain Marvel at 0/0/2
    Dr. Strange is now 3/1/2 (only ever pulled 2 covers, the rest were bonus hero or from daily resupply)
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I did about 60 pulls and received only five 5* covers (1 Marvel, 1 Kingpin, 3 Doom). Very depressing. But it did get my Kingpin up to feeder range (3/3/5). My Doom is up to 4/1/4 and Marvel at 1/0/1. The next 6 weeks look pretty bleak using those as my 5e heroes.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled 78 and got 7 Fatpins, 6 Marvels and 3 Dooms, which is a great rate, but I'm still not excited.  It was more exciting to flesh out the rest of my 4* roster though.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled 18 Legendary Tokens and 600+ CP.  I got one Carol.  One.

Today's LT from DDQ got me another  KP level.  Ugh.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not doing this one.  Saving for EndGame.  

Sitting on 115 LTs and over 700 CP.  

I have 4 covers of Fatpin, so I'll leave him alone.

I have one cover for Doom and Carol.  Enough for essentials.

When endgame hits the LTs, I'll spend.  Not because i think he/she will be awesome... but to get at least one of these three to a decent state (if not all 3 by luck).
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    53 pulls, LTs first then CPs. Goal was to champ KP then wait until he’s out. Pulled 13 5*s; 5CM; 5 GED, 3KP. No bonus heroes at all. Back to hoarding until mid May. 
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did 8 pulls, for a Kingpin, bonus Okoye and a yellow Captain Marvel. Satisfied. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No. Still sitting with my 250+ LTs :(
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had 460CP and 41 tokens. I got her from 1 cover to 4 covers. A bit disappointing, didn't get a single bonus 5*.
    But I got Doom from 8 covers to champed and level 451, so that was good. Kingpin got 2 covers, too.

It...was not a good sign that champing Doom didn't feel as exciting as I'd assumed it would...

I just want to point this out - if you pulled everything that's a total of 59 pulls (not counting excess pulls from champ levels CP and LT.)  Let's round out to 60 pulls - that's 3 Bonus heroes (on average) total.  The chance of any of those being 5*s is really, really low.  In other words 50% of the time you would get 3 BH from that level of pulling - I'm not sure what the chance of pulling a 5* from that lot, I'm not an expert in statistics, but I'm sure it's well under 50%, probably under 20%.  I'm not going to say you shouldn't be disappointed (I'm disappointed every time I draw a 5* without a BH,) but realistically 5* bonus heroes come very rarely - %5 of %15 is super low, and when a probability is super low you get wild fluctuations.  I'm pretty sure we were months into the BH system before I pulled my first 5* BH.

I pulled 60 between my LTs and CPs.  My Kingpin was champed (462,) my Doom was 4/1/3, and I had pulled one CM (green) from about ten of the "Legendary Leaders" tokens last week - I was hoping to get a smattering of CM so she'd be fun in PVE, make some progress on Doom (maybe finish him,) and pull as few Kingpin as possible.

I got my wish, actually.  I got a total of 10 5*s (just slightly higher than dead average,) 4 CM (3 green, 1 red, a bad distribution but oh well,) 4 Doom (2 blue 2 black, so he's now 4/3/5 which is just fine,) and 2 Kingpin.  I'll probably go back to hoarding, but I may pull tokens only just to see if I can't get a CM yellow for the fun of it.  My next Kingpin gets me a Legendary Draw, so I'll definitely stop after I draw another Kingpin, maybe before that.

Speaking of Bonus Heroes - I drew two which is below average but only by one.  Both 4*s.  I decided to set it to Magik since she'll be featured pretty heavily in PVE for a few months, and she's one of my favorite characters...

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled 7 and gotten 3 5*. 1 of them was Captain Marvel.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I started hoarding once I finished Cable and had 98 pulls between tokens and CP.  I planned to pull until I finished KP or ran out (he needed 6 covers).  I went 14/98, so I was right in line with the advertised rate.  The various champ rewards gave me enough pulls to finish KP.  Unfortunately, my spread went more towards CM (2/5/3) and KP level 451) then Doom (1/2/2) and I didn't get any 5* BH.  I actually didn't get a single Magik cover either.

I did make decent progress on some of 4*s.  I got Coulson to 370, he's my 4th max champed 4*.