MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2019 Edition *Updated (3/31/19)

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would be psyched to see another minor rework for Nick while we're at it akin to the Reed adjustment when he started feeding Surfer.

If they could make Nick a little more viable as a game piece and make him a feeder, that would be fantastic.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Nick Fury covers coming up out of order I see. Insert standard speculation about a possible fivestar feeder.
    I still maintain that Nick Fury should get his missing eye back as a Support.
    Or perhaps Uatu's eye?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Nick Fury covers coming up out of order I see. Insert standard speculation about a possible fivestar feeder.
    Or perhaps Uatu's eye?
    Deep. Or, blending lores, perhaps Vecna's eye?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

While the preview thread has not been officially updated, the Carol thread has revealed that Webbed Wonder is coming soon.  Will the final node in Webbed Wonder give another Howard cover?  I ask because this will be the second Howard cover/run of WW since Spider-Ham's release, but we have gotten no more covers for Mr. Porker.  Any insight you might give on when we might see Spider-Ham opportunities would be greatly appreciated.
  • jamesh
    OJSP said:
    bluewolf said:
    Any insight on when we might see Spider-Ham opportunities
    My guess is on April Fool's Day when Bag-Man has his Versus, for the 900 pts/40 wins reward.
    At the character's release, Brigby said covers would be made available on a model similar to Howard rather than Devil Dinosaur.  I didn't take that to mean he'd be substituted into Webbed Wonder.  But I also didn't take it to mean "once a year for April Fools".
  • bluewolf
    I also did not think Webbed Wonder would be giving out Spider Ham.....but wonder if there is a plan if we are supposed to get one every 2-3 months. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(03/15/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Or perhaps Uatu's eye?
    he can just borrow thor's eye
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Is this the first time there has ever been a Nick Fury centric PVP event?
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Setec Astronomy!
  • jamesh
    jamesh said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Or perhaps Uatu's eye?
    he can just borrow thor's eye
    That wouldn't be a reference to the (mediocre) Original Sin cross over event though.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    No.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(03/18/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    No.

Holy ****! Must have been before my time. Thanks 
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Oh hey, a 7-day event; haven't seen one of those in a while.  Two covers for the same four-star in progression.
    You know who would have been great to feature for this event?  WHICHEVER 4-STAR IS FEATURED NEXT FOR SHIELD TRAINING.
    Although if that's Magik, it probably makes no difference to the vast majority of players anyway, there ain't a snowball's chance my 0/2/2 is gonna be at ten covers in a week and a half.

• bluewolf
    edited March 2019
    I suppose it's way too much to hope they polished up the Hulk event a little?  My fingers don't much like the close together nodes.

Hoping they pick Prowler as an ST essential - since we have no way to get Magik covers from placement before the presumed new release in 10 days.

Edit:  A Hulk event means at least 21 straight days of 24 hour subs....I'd not mind a boss event or 48 hour sometime after that.  Getting a bit much.  Going back to the 2.5 hour refreshes next?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well with the Lord of a Thunder PVP the 5* tier will either get more diverse, or there will be a lot of gritty kitty.  Either way a lot of health packs will be needed.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    My 2/0/6 Mordo does not like the colours given for progression rewards....Blue would have been preferred over Purple, but such is life.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    Well with the Lord of a Thunder PVP the 5* tier will either get more diverse, or there will be a lot of gritty kitty.  Either way a lot of health packs will be needed.
    On the bright side, Kraven is boosted. If you can bring Okoye with him, Gritty should be manageable.