Combined Arms should be a permanent PVP event

steakleather
steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
Combined Arms should be a permanent PVP event, the way the simulator is. I'm actually using my whole roster, and seeing interesting, different teams. It's very refreshing.

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed, but make it a week long, and have variations. The current one is just 2*/3*/4*. But what about 3/4/5? 3/3/4? 3/4/4? 4/4/5? 4/4/4? There are other combinations that could create other types of interesting teams, or variations on those teams (what do you do with your Combined Arms team if you get to take another 3 instead of that 2?)

Even the combos more similar to normal events (which roughly default to highest/highest with a 3/4 required character) simply by not having specific characters required, or specific boost lists to influence which other characters get used.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Combined Arms Gauntlet.  Make it hard.  That would be fun.
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    This is a fun event I don’t have to face 5* characters in this event because I have champed 5* and the opponents are at similar levels as me. Also I get to use a character that I haven’t use since the early days of the game in 2014 OBW she is a good character 
  • Melovingu1
    Melovingu1 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I disagree with the previous post, leave it 2*3*4*, but do agree that C.A. Should be permanent pvp. If They would add 5* then we're back @ the same place. A level playing iz the key, not about the most powerful 5* team, but the best 2-3-4* team u can build depends on ur appoint. This Iz a really good call #1. Do u even remember the power of of the 3*toon. #2. Playing with ur hole Squad instead of Gritty or Thorokoye, which has everybody spoiled like Gambit did. #3. 1/N/every 4 player don't have a full maxed 3* roster. 
    In saying all that I'm a 1300+ days player 4 to 5 transition. Top 50 Alliance

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/MelovingMpq/
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I like the idea of it rotating, if it is a 5/4/3 the only team you will see is Kitty, RG and Gamora/Starlord.  There is no other 5/4 that goes hand in hand like Gritty.  This would be a total train wreak. 
    I wonder what else people would play if they didn't have a viable Kitty.

I agree though that Gritty+GotG would be the dominant force (Gritty+IF would be just as or more potent setup, too) to be reckoned with. I wonder if 5* Thanos+Medusa would be the only other option (taking out the 3* and strikes asap...? maybe?)

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    While I like the idea of it rotating, if it is a 5/4/3 the only team you will see is Kitty, RG and Gamora/Starlord.  There is no other 5/4 that goes hand in hand like Gritty.  This would be a total train wreak. 

I agree though that Gritty+GotG would be the dominant force (Gritty+IF would be just as or more potent setup, too) to be reckoned with. I wonder if 5* Thanos+Medusa would be the only other option (taking out the 3* and strikes asap...? maybe?)

Okoye/Medusa/Falcon comes to mind as well as at least a possibility. Maybe Okoye/Kraven?
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's nice because of no five stars. I wish more pvp modes didn't have 5 stars. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    I prefer Balance of Power because all characters are at the same level and all players are on equal ground. This is the fairest PvP where even new players or 1* players have a shot at defeating veteran players.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    I’m happy someone brought this up. The event was so refreshing that I actually received the last progression reward via 75 wins. I was able to use so many characters and so many teams that health packs were almost nil. 

Genuinely, the introduction of 5*’s have dramatically changed the game. I’m really unsure of better or worse, even after playing for going on 5 years. One thing is certain, the loss of using the entirety of one’s roster in lieu of the select few meta required to compete for the newest characters every two weeks has become a burden for most. That type of stress is not sustainable. Bring back our old characters.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    jackstar0 said:

Okoye/Medusa/Falcon comes to mind as well as at least a possibility. Maybe Okoye/Kraven?
    Okoye/Medusa/Baby Thanos? 
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    OJSP said:
    Bringing Medusa against Kitty is not a good idea because she makes a CD passively when there's none.
    Never tried it, but does Short Circuit trigger the damage before Medusa's attack tiles are placed? Either way, if you can match the CD quick enough, you can still keep Kitty occupied for a little while.

As far as a 5/4/3 team, Okoye, Valkyrie, Punisher is a fun one. A bit slower & AI screwy but also fun, use Colossus instead of punisher.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Bringing Medusa against Kitty is not a good idea because she makes a CD passively when there's none.
    Never tried it, but does Short Circuit trigger the damage before Medusa's attack tiles are placed? Either way, if you can match the CD quick enough, you can still keep Kitty occupied for a little while.

The repeater hits the CD and no attack tiles will appear at that point.  Obviously matching it yourself (or the AI matching it) works better by creating a few targets, delaying the damage if you can pull it off.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2019
    Being able to use 4* and getting creative with my teams was a lot of fun.

A 4* only event would be fun. Maybe it can be one of those semi-permanent ones which pop up once in a while alongside lightning rounds. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    I would pass.  I am not intersed in dragging 2* into battle.  If it was two 3 and a 4 or two 4’s and a 3 or a 3, 4, 5 I might be interested otherwise I am not a fan of this event or BOP
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    bluewolf said:
    OJSP said:

The repeater hits the CD and no attack tiles will appear at that point.  Obviously matching it yourself (or the AI matching it) works better by creating a few targets, delaying the damage if you can pull it off.
    Good point. You need to have enough Special tiles going to keep Circuit Breaker busy. Maybe bring along someone like Iron Fist, Luke Cage or SWitch as the 3* Someone else who kicks out at least one Special tile every Turn.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just tried a fight with Carol, IF and Daken. Against Chavez, Loki and Hawkeye. They are deadly I tell you. The board shakes and fills with crits and Hawkeye CD:s. And I had FOUR Carol black CD:s out. Had I only had some yellow I could have fixed it, but oh no. Bummer!
  • Zeofar
    Zeofar Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2019
    I don't want it to be a permanent PVP ala Shield Sim, but I would absolute love it if Combined Arms and Balance of Power were introduced into the Lightning Round rotation along with a new Support PVP round. Lightning Rounds are pretty 'meh' as it stands, so I don't think even people who dislike these modes would have much to complain about.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kind of miss the old 1/2/3 version of Combined Arms.  Juggernaut, Black Widow, and Luke Cage made a great team that the AI couldn't really screw up on defense: rainbow coverage with a single active on each colour.