9 things from Cosmic Chaos that should be in EVERY PVE!

Options
Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards

1. One-time, locking essential node

Not having to grind this node for points is probably the biggest time saver that came from this event. This should be standard for all PVEs.

2. No swapping between main page and sub page during clears

This may seem trivial but it’s important. Some PVEs have an essential node that runs all event in the main page that you have to remember to clear (often on a different schedule than the sub nodes). Or sometimes the essential node doesn’t run all event, but sub pages essentials are housed on that main page. Having a one-and-done node to unlock the sub and not having to go back until the next sub opens was perfect. 

3. Everything is linear

No more jumping around from one end of the screen, and back again to complete nodes “in order”. “Florida” is the biggest offender, but really there are plenty of less strenuous examples. All subs should be refashioned to have an obvious linear order. 

4. Essentials are worth the most points

This is a small thing but important. Optimal clearing involves hitting the highest point timers first so they have the longest time to refresh. Making the essentials worth the most points allows for you to put your best two-toon team together (alliteration!) and go linearly, 5-4-3-2, before tackling non-essentials. This, plus #3 above make for a smoother experience. 

5. The 5* team-up

This is always well-received (Strange Sights, Shield Training) and could be done in a number of ways. Either have that team-up node be whoever is newest (so we can try them out for about 6 weeks of PVES and get a real feel) or whoever is essential. But it could definitely be included in all PVES. 

6. Boss nodes

This is also always well-received (Strange Sights, Support Circuit). Having a one and done challenge at the end that doesn’t effect our timing/placement is such a good move. Makes events way more fun and is a little something to do at your leisure amidst the grinding!

7. Combining two trivial nodes into one wave node

Yes! Honestly it’d be even better if you could combine all three trivials into one wave node. Making it one 4-clear wave node, while accidental, is actually genius. Most of us spend more time clicking between those trivial nodes than time spent in those nodes. So cutting out that middle man was a great move that I support going forward. Should be Essentials, Boss Node, 3 Hard, 1 four-clear 3-wave trivial going forward. 

8. Only 24-hour subs

This is such a great thing. No forgetting and over-grinding. No loss in resources. If you want to run a 3-day version of this, then just remove one of the subs and that’d be fine. But this is how you do a 4 day event!  No more 48 hour subs!

9. Create actual challenges

I think people are so used to playing Mindless Swapping Quest that they could have been thrown off by the difficulty of this event. That’s not a problem with the event itself. You could argue that it’s a problem with communication. Either way, if events were always this challenging and it was standard, people would know in the future to play down a CL and the complaining would stop. If you notice there is much more praise around this event and hope that it stays than Wakanda. It’s arguably just as hard if not harder. Proving that poor communication (“neutral tiles”) was a bigger issue than the difficulty itself. 

Comments

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I agree wholeheartedly will everything. Especially having one less trivial node. +10 likes, mate. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is funny is I didn’t think any node was too challenging.  I think the hardest node in the game is still Black blot,  Medusa, Lockjaw followed by If, LC, Mockingbird for 5* essentials.  Now I do have BSSM champed so the gritty kitty node was easy for me but overall I thought it was a great event
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    What is funny is I didn’t think any node was too challenging.  I think the hardest node in the game is still Black blot,  Medusa, Lockjaw followed by If, LC, Mockingbird for 5* essentials.  Now I do have BSSM champed so the gritty kitty node was easy for me but overall I thought it was a great event
    I died on day 2's 5* node. Hawkeye's inexpensive powers that he gains AP for from countdown timers, plus his fortifying of the Mindless One's green nukes and the Mindless one spamming moves, thus making OML spam strike tiles made each turn take an excessive amount of time. It got REALLY annoying every time I made a move havingto sit for 30-60 seconds watching the enemy take their turn.

It was like Magneto's or Ragnarok's 2AP red all over again.

As for the topic at hand, I agree with all of this. ESPECIALLY the one-and-done required character node. Always hate events with one of those in every sub event.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    NotBAMF said:
    I agree on many of these points, but I personally love 48 hour subs. I actually wish we had more of them.
    I occasionally do. It's nice to only have to do a single clear, but it always seems to tank my placement.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    NotBAMF said:
    I agree on many of these points, but I personally love 48 hour subs. I actually wish we had more of them.
    Me too since they give out 3 CP for T100 instead of T10 finish it means I trade a few lost resources for 3 CP. Something I'm always happy to do.

Plus of course the break from playing PvE means more time for PvP.

KGB

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    NotBAMF said:
    Me too since they give out 3 CP for T100 instead of T10 finish it means I trade a few lost resources for 3 CP. Something I'm always happy to do.

Plus of course the break from playing PvE means more time for PvP.

KGB

I also like 48 hour subs once in awhile. However I hate that the 5* essential only rewards you 3 cp instead of 6.

If it was 2 24 hour subs you would get 6 cp total for only doing the 5* essential 2 times each day.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moving to suggestion to ensure dev's see this.  

• Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    All good points. Also a fan of the wave node making up for two trivial nodes. I do however enjoy a 48 hour sub every now and again. Always breathe a sigh of relief knowing I have some free time before the next sub begins.