Kitty Grocket Meta

Kingart813
Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
So what's your strategy for staying alive and beating this team?

Mine is the skip button 🤣

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Okoye / XFDP / Kraven.  Unless Kitty has 5 yellow, or the opponent's third is Bishop.

It's what my Wolveroach account uses in simulator when hunting 70+ point matches.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    In Shuri’s event, for the heck of it I tried 5* Daredevil and Prowler. Actually worked really well. Stun on purple/black and two ways to steal tiles. Went 2-0. I’m sure whoever I hit appreciated the easy retals lol. 

Otherwise, Thorkoye is almost fullproof. Between the board shake and the healing, it’s not hard to knock out enough tiles to make them worthless. 
  • ZEbanizteam
    ZEbanizteam Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Bishop + XFDP + doctor strange (or peggey carter or gamora)

Bishop takes damage then he conveys 3700 dmg back, just because bishop got over 1300 damage XFDP hit 3700 damage 
    Bishop feeds dr strange with blue.
    Dr strange stuns and damages

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in 4* land and I can beat this team with 3*. I find that it takes careful match to reduce the strike tiles to 3 or fewer.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in 4* land and I can beat this team with 3*. I find that it takes careful match to reduce the strike tiles to 3 or fewer.
    What's your recommended 3* team (assuming low-level champs on Kitty & R&G)?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think the teams that I used to use  are helpful because our MMR seems to be different.

Champed R4G/Medusa/Gamora/Carnage etc levels that I see in Simulator are between 270 to 300.

For Kitty, it's between 255 to 360. The number of covers that I see for her can be between 1 to 13. My mmr is not high enough to meet low level champed Kitty.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think the teams that I used to use  are helpful because our MMR seems to be different.

Champed R4G/Medusa/Gamora/Carnage etc levels that I see in Simulator are between 270 to 300.

For Kitty, it's between 255 to 360. The number of covers that I see for her can be between 1 to 13. My mmr is not high enough to meet low level champed Kitty.
    It might not be helpful to a 5* player, but speaking as another 4* player I'd be interested to hear what team you used. My MMR is similar.

My Bishop, Dazzler aren't anywhere near useable. XFDP is stuck at 4/1/4. Best I currenlty can do are Kraven-based teams when Kitty has few enough covers that he can outpace her buffing. When he can't, I have no answer to her whatsoever and high-end Sim is nothing but Gritty or Kitty/Carnage teams.
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    I've been using OML as a tank for Bishop and X-Pool. You have to remove the strike tiles quick, or hope the opponent does not get a cascade on the first move or so to take out Bishop, but it works (even though it means using a health pack every match - which is probably makes D3 very happy.)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another reason I’m looking forward to hopefully champing God Doom, is I think he and DD could be a strong enough counter. Switch off who tanks while the other heals while chasing enemy tiles. You can try to steal the strikes that remain with DD purple. If the match goes south, make sure Doom dies and the opponent is worthless without the specials. It’ll cost you a health pack but not a loss at least, and you should be able to win often enough without dying. In sim, I plan to run Kitty as a third to eat tiles (mine is softcapped so DD/Doom will tank yellow). Should make for a good (albeit slow) combo that will allow for some puzzley matches!
  • Melovingu1
    Melovingu1 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Guys u get my utmost thxs. For the road U/guys plowed 4/us up & comers. Giving us ur best options on the best way to tackle situations. 4/me a 4-5* player. l can do the math on deciding the best route, but 4/those tru 3-4* players. l don't understand and it may be just me. Why do yall say~ X >X > X lz the best team to beat this or that. Now wat gives me a problem iz that you'll 4get about the featured toon. Now when U plug the featured in, wat part of~ X >? > X would be the better option? An again U/guy's get my UTMOST RESPECT! but 4/the lower tier players they might need a better road map!?! 

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/MelovingMpq/