Clash of the Titans: Carol vs. Ironman

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
A no-brainer for my champed Carol. IM could not stop feeding me black so I had a couple of strikes out and a cast of yellow later he was down. LT was something with four stars on it.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I came, I saw, I Photonic Barraged. Tony actually cascaded into enough red to hit me twice with Winning Team, but that meant I had enough black (along with what I'd matched) for three Photonic Barrages, any one of which was enough to finish it.
    Token was a Gamora champ level.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony didn't even have time to form a team, let alone make it a winning one.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got the Photonic Barrage countdown on turn 2 or 3, so I just denied his colors and let it win the game on its own before I could even gather the five yellow to speed things along.  Carol was Lv280 5/3/5 for what it's worth...which isn't much.

LT gave me a red 4* Ghost Rider.  I meant to hoard it until Captain Marvel entered the tokens (it would have been fitting for 4* Carol to win me 5* Carol), but I'm so used to reflexively opening tokens as I get them that I didn't think about it until it was too late.  I guess it didn't matter, with pulls being pre-determined and all...
  • crakker
    crakker Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    My 3/1/2 Carol is being defeated even with boosts. Is there any chance?
    Should I fire the yellow ASAP or let the black generate some strike tiles?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think a 3/1/2 Carol can win this. Probably your biggest enemy is match damage so can you boost her any higher for extra health? You definitely want to try and get those strikes but obviously your countdown  is vulnerable so having the yellow ready to go is a good plan. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carol is my highest level character at 292, and even though I forgot to respec her to 5/3/5 (from 5/5/3) she walloped poor Iron Man without much trouble. I could have ended the battle with yellow, but he kept matching my newly created strike tiles Every. Single. Turn. This irritated me enough to just "run out the clock" and let the countdown take him out all on its own, fair & square. A single photogenic barrage to the face brought his tomfoolery to an end in a hurry.

My reward was a green Sub-Par-Mariner.
  • Peaceful_Kaif
    Peaceful_Kaif Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    My Carol was 4-1-0 and level 131.  Enough boosts and fired Barrage early and denied and won rather easily.  I don't have many 4* that can win yet, so I was excited for this one.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Carol was 4-1-0 and level 131.  Enough boosts and fired Barrage early and denied and won rather easily.  I don't have many 4* that can win yet, so I was excited for this one.
    That's really nice! Did you get something useful on your LT or are you hording?
  • Peaceful_Kaif
    Peaceful_Kaif Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    qandols said:
    That's really nice! Did you get something useful on your LT or are you hording?
    I actually got another Captain Marvel out of it.  It was pretty worth it.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love these 4-star DDQ threads because of stories like this one.

Keep at it @Peaceful_Kaif because your 4-stars are only going to get better; before you know it you'll be saying that you don't have many 4-stars that can't win the DDQ.