***** Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior) *****

Comments

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Hey repeaters, if only there was a character who could counter that with their eyes closed.....
    Well it's not Kitty, so, who?
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Megaturd said:

As for constructive feedback,  Goblin seems to be the only viable partner for her in pvp mainly because of his ability to fortify repeaters which she desperately needs.

They're probably expecting you to do that with a support. Assuming she gets a specific one - although the obvious choice is the cat, which they've already used - one of the powers is bound to be a percentage chance to fortify repeaters/specials.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    5/3/5
    Get Green generation might make her a companion to Cable... maybe? He can at least fortify her repeater... or does he only do Countdowns... yeesh... I forget.
  • Megaturd
    Megaturd Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Brigby said:
    Megaturd said:
    You missed that her yellow power can no longer be used if both of her allies are downed.
    -snip-
    Actually, Captain Marvel can target herself with Got Your Six.
    Oh well that is one redeeming clarification because the power description only identifies that the power works on allies.  Thanks!

Hopefully, you down the enemy with that move otherwise they get two free turns.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Megaturd said:
    So the 4* Marvel is one of the best 4* and now this version of Marvel is.... bad it seems.  Heck her 4* might be better than her 5* version.  Are we missing something?  
    Wasp suffers from the same problem where the 4* version is better than the 5*.  Even though 5* Wasp can Call the Swarm!  Oh that would be a fun forum question "Since 5* Wasp was released, how many times has the Call the Swarm ability been used?"

Oh I LOVE that idea!!   
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2019
    Oh I think I figured it out, the next five star will be a blue purple black user and has a passive that can reduce repeaters.

#establishnewmeta
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    LordRayne said:
    I hate to be one to nag about new additions, but for the love of Thanos, can you please please please stop it with this 3-turn repeater tile nonsense for new fives?
    Or you could pretend she has a green that costs 10. Oh wait she does but she also gets a free repeater that fuels that green. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    I really want to know what is up with all the green CD tile abilities.  We got Loki with a super **** 11 green AP 3 turn repeater that almost never actually fires.  Then we got KP with a 9ap 2 turn repeater with really **** conditional attack tiles that rarely fires.  
    Now we get a 3 turn repeater tile that could give you 3 AP but will be super slow.  It then turns into a 10 green 1 turn CD that does less damage than KP and for a 5* is really **** damage.  It might give you some extra damage with the row destruction but that green is poor.  The red at level 5 should be a 1 turn repeater not 2.  

Lastly what is is with the burst healing first doom now carol.  These characters should be doing massive damage not burst healing. 

I really want want to know what characters you play tested her with and what opponents you went up against and then how long it took you to actually fire all of her powers.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cable will Fortify Repeaters, and makes Strike tiles, but they overlap in two colours, and I don't really see huge synergy between them in other regards. We'll see how it plays out, because there are a lot of different things going on here, but my gut feeling is that they went a bit too complicated, and too reliant on delayed effects, for her to really work out well.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    3/5/5
    My first impressions:

Red: at 5 covers, this is marginally inferior to Fatpin’s Green, because at least Fatpin’s Green is Fortified. And why would I ever want to use this over, say, Jessica’s Red? Which, for 9AP, immediately gives me damage and 5 Strike tiles? Heck, I’d rather use Surfer’s Red.

Green: ignore the passive part; a non-fortified 3-turn Repeater will almost never proc. Just treat this as a 10 Green AP power that has a chance to do great damage, especially if you pair Carol with special tile creators like Jessica, Loki, OML, Banner. Conversely, if there are no friendly special tiles, this skill is no better than Black Bolt’s Whisper, Archangel’s Enemy Down, or Cable’s Plasma Barrage.

Yellow: a rare Yellow-damaging ability that does solid damage, albeit you have to wait two turns. Undoubtedly best used with Vulture.

You’ll want to use her with Goblin or Cable (despite the overlap) to fortify her repeaters. Or perhaps a Support that does so.

But the absolute best thing about Carol? I just need to bust out Archangel, get 7 Black, and place Aerial Superiority on a green tile. Problem solved.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, she gives Thor some green. Got it. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    5/3/5
    @Brigby can you let us know if her red strike tiles are at level 450.  If they are these would be by far the worst strike tiles in the 5* tier as far as strength goes.  JJ gives 5 special at 373, Phoenix gives 4 at 416 plus damage for 9 red, OML gives 4 at close to 1k and DD is over 700.  Even giving 2 strike tiles on repeaters these seem fairly week for a 5* strike tiles especially when it is 8 AP and you then have to wait 2 turns to potentially get 2 strike tiles at 266.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Brigby said:
    Thanos said:
    I don't get why there's so much confusion on how her green works, seems fairly straight forward. Just for clarification sake Brigby can you break it down for us? Thanks.
    Sure. For sake of simplicity, I'll explain everything as if the ability was at level 5.

So at the beginning of the player's turn, Event Horizon checks to see if there is an already existing Event Horizon Repeater tile on the board.

If the answer is No, then a 3-turn Repeater tile is created on the board. If the answer is Yes, then the existing Repeater tile reduces by 1. When this Repeater tile reaches 0, it will grant the player 3 Green AP, and then go back to 3.

If at any point during the player's turn they end up with 10 Green AP or more, then the Event Horizon Repeater tile is removed from the board, and the ability turns into Photonic Rush that costs 10 Green AP.

Activating Photonic Rush will destroy one random row and deal 6643 damage. If there is a friendly special tile(s) in that one random row, then it will proceed to destroy an additional random row for each friendly special tile that was destroyed. This does not continue if there are friendly special tiles in the additional rows destroyed.

@Brigby

The confusion is coming from your paragraph after Photonic Rush.  The passive looks like it's now a completely different passive than the text before Photonic Rush.

(1st passive text)
    At the start of her turn, if one does not exist, create a 3-turn Green Repeater tile that generates 2 Green AP. 
    • Level 2: No Change
    • Level 3: ...generates 3 Green AP.
    • Level 4: No Change
    • Level 5: No Change

(2nd passive text) When Captain Marvel has less than 10 Green AP, this power becomes Event Horizon.
    • Level 2: ...places a 2-turn Countdown tile...
    • Level 3: No Change
    • Level 4: ...places a 1-turn Countdown tile...
    • Level 5: Captain Marvel destroys a random row...

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    So, she gives Thor some green. Got it. 

She can also give okoye some yellow.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Thanos said:
    I don't get why there's so much confusion on how her green works, seems fairly straight forward. Just for clarification sake Brigby can you break it down for us? Thanks.
    Sure. For sake of simplicity, I'll explain everything as if the ability was at level 5.

So at the beginning of the player's turn, Event Horizon checks to see if there is an already existing Event Horizon Repeater tile on the board.

If the answer is No, then a 3-turn Repeater tile is created on the board. If the answer is Yes, then the existing Repeater tile reduces by 1. When this Repeater tile reaches 0, it will grant the player 3 Green AP, and then go back to 3.

If at any point during the player's turn they end up with 10 Green AP or more, then the Event Horizon Repeater tile is removed from the board, and the ability turns into Photonic Rush that costs 10 Green AP.

Activating Photonic Rush will destroy one random row and deal 6643 damage. If there is a friendly special tile(s) in that one random row, then it will proceed to destroy an additional random row for each friendly special tile that was destroyed. This does not continue if there are friendly special tiles in the additional rows destroyed.

@Brigby

The confusion is coming from your paragraph after Photonic Rush.  The passive looks like it's now a completely different passive than the text before Photonic Rush.

(1st passive text)
    At the start of her turn, if one does not exist, create a 3-turn Green Repeater tile that generates 2 Green AP. 

(2nd passive text) When Captain Marvel has less than 10 Green AP, this power becomes Event Horizon.

Yeah, Brigby's explaination of the power is at odds with the power as described here. The original suggested it would destroy a row when the 2 turn countdown timer goes off, being shortened to a 1 turn timer later. Basically the same as how Loki'e green works, only it would destroy the row the timer is on. The power at 5 would destroy a random row, not the row it's placed on.

But Brigby's describing it as a simple 10AP cost, fire it and reset.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Brigby is specifically describing the power at level 5, you may note at the beginning of his description.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    3/5/5
    Brigby said:
    Thanos said:

@Brigby

(1st passive text)

Yeah, Brigby's explaination of the power is at odds with the power as described here. The original suggested it would destroy a row when the 2 turn countdown timer goes off, being shortened to a 1 turn timer later. Basically the same as how Loki'e green works, only it would destroy the row the timer is on. The power at 5 would destroy a random row, not the row it's placed on.

But Brigby's describing it as a simple 10AP cost, fire it and reset.
    What's the confusion? Brigby already stated his explanation is at 5 Green covers.

Both of what you said,@Dragon_Nexus, is correct. At 1-4 covers, when you use Photonic Rush, it places a Countdown tile on a randow row. When the CD goes off, it destroys its row. At 5 covers, when you use Photonic Rush, it immediately destroys a random row. There is no Countdown tile created at 5 covers. (Admittedly, perhaps @Brigby could put a clarification for this in the original post.)