Enough Kitty Pryde, Carnage, Medusa

ZEbanizteam
ZEbanizteam Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
Seriously, I expect a nerf. 8 people out of 10 (in pvp) chooses these characters which makes the game sooooo boring. 
Be a little creative, people!!!

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has this team replaced Grocket/Gamora/Medusa at the 4-star meta?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Has this team replaced Grocket/Gamora/Medusa at the 4-star meta?
    I doubt that Cardusa could replace Grocket as an elite Kitty partner.

After a few turns Gritty outdamages Kitardusa (idk) pretty hard.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    So is the OP exaggerating? (I have no idea. I never see anything but Kitty/Grocket or Thor/Okoye in PvP).
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    And that is why I do not pvp anymore other than the simulator:)  It is repetitive and boring, not sure if pvp is fixable but I have better things to do with my time than face the exact same two teams 15-20 times in a row.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I'm tired of both Gritty and KittyCardusa teams, to be honest. The dev really REALLY need to buff all the characters with defensive powers because right now all of them are useless almost against any team.

Spiderwoman and Colossus' powers are too slow and you'd die before you even get a chance to fire them, even when you form a team around boosting that specific AP color to keep on firing that defensive power.

Invisible Woman can't even lock all those special tiles in time.

Elektra's black also takes time to fire AND requires her to tank, which is a difficult task to pull off as she's more likely to only tank purple in most team.  

The new Mr. Fantastic was supposed to be a soft-counter but sometimes you struggle to match enemy's special tile and you end up dying before you even get a chance to fire any power. Even when you activate his yellow, it fires a random power and if it fires anything other than Flexibility to stop Kitty, you're screwed. 

The Thing's yellow only work once and only temporarily if you don't keep matching or dealing with the enemy special tiles. Kitty's purple repeater slowly replacing your yellow protect tiles also doesn't help.

And when you want to rely on stunning, there isn't really a good and cheap stun other than Gamora or Iceman, which doesn't guarantee much since if you spend too long collecting blue then you're dead. 

Teams that can counter them are extremely limited if you're still in a 4* land, probably even worse than MedusaGrocket. I'm just tired of keep using the same counter teams and wish there were more varieties. Would have been great if the existing defensive powers were any better. 
  • walkerdog
    walkerdog Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Problem is that speed is so important in the game in general that the Gritty/Cardusa teams are hard to top unless you're DEEPPPP into 5* land, and even apparently competes some. If/When they get away from "the faster the more rewards/better..." then it won't be quite as wildly played. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see both teams.

It is pretty obvious that even lower level rosters have cottoned on to Kitty - I have come across many 1/1/1 builds and she is levelled all the waaaaaaaay above whoever else is brought along.
  • ronnskonn
    ronnskonn Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    The issue is Kitty, she has the abilities of IG Thanos and God Doom. Ridiculous,  she can enhance attack tiles, cancel count down tiles and create defense tiles. Really? Fix this mess please!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wouldn't kraven stomp on a low level kitty? He would cancel out her buffing while doing consistent damage.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If there are at least 4 enemy special tiles on the board, a champed 270 Kraven weaken all of them by 126. 

A single yellow cover 255 Kitty will strengthen between 4 to 5 friendly special tiles by 91.

A single yellow cover + other covers 360 Kitty will strengthen between 4 to 5 friendly special tiles by 181.

But most Kitties are level up to whatever maximum level possible.

So, it depends actually.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Presumably this is in Simulator where you get a choice of 3 characters.

Against Kitty+Cardusa I would think Bishop/Gamora/Medusa would be a nice counter. Boost 1 blue and as soon as Bishop gives you 5 more you stun Kitty via Gamora's stun. It's only 451 damage till that +5 blue occurs so you might get to stun her on turn 2 if the opposing Kitty makes a match on turn 1.

At that point you should be able to keep her stun locked via Bishops passive and your own Medusa giving Blue from all the special tile matching. It's going to be a long slog though because both Medusa's will be doing a lot of healing.

KGB
  • ZEbanizteam
    ZEbanizteam Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    KGB said:
    Presumably this is in Simulator where you get a choice of 3 characters.

Against Kitty+Cardusa I would think Bishop/Gamora/Medusa would be a nice counter. Boost 1 blue and as soon as Bishop gives you 5 more you stun Kitty via Gamora's stun. It's only 451 damage till that +5 blue occurs so you might get to stun her on turn 2 if the opposing Kitty makes a match on turn 1.

At that point you should be able to keep her stun locked via Bishops passive and your own Medusa giving Blue from all the special tile matching. It's going to be a long slog though because both Medusa's will be doing a lot of healing.

KGB

best counter is Bishop/ XFDP/ doctor strange for me . Well. it sucks your helath packs but the other 2 doens even get any damage
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    bishop with gamora and rocket. 
    medusa dies after her first turn, bishop generates enough blue for gamora to stun the remaining two. 
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Seriously, I expect a nerf. 8 people out of 10 (in pvp) chooses these characters which makes the game sooooo boring. 
    We need an auto-stun passive for/when a character is doing X amount of damage. That would solve it and new Hero character should get something to that effect. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    We need an auto-stun passive for/when a character is doing X amount of damage. That would solve it and new Hero character should get something to that effect. 
    They tried that with Dazzler. Results were sub-optimal.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    They tried that with Dazzler. Results were sub-optimal.
    Yeah, Dazzler requires friendly special tiles to activate her passive, which means you have to bring your own R&G to even stand a chance.

Maybe if there's a character who's like R&G but starts the match with Protect tiles instead, that would have helped. But that would never happen because it would save health packs too easily. 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    but .. that's bishop. 
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Playing SHIELD Simulator yesterday, and literally 90% of teams I could face were Kitty/Grocket/Bishop.

And the annoying thing is, Kitty is "Fixable" with a simple tweak.

Just up her "Circuit Breaker" countdown one, so she does not take tiles every turn (and damage)
    And for her "Phase and Conquer" just put on a repeater, so she makes tiles stronger every TWO turns. Plus you have a chance to match the tile (or strikes) away to help stop the massive damage, And if the Kitty team uses certain characters you can get the repeater fortified by Hawkeye or Green Goblin (or whomever) to try and help yourself.

Seems fair and everyone wins (kinda)
  • XDarthVadarX
    XDarthVadarX Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Carnage, Medusa and Dazzler PVP match up. Any takes? 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Is that team in Shield Simulator? This team is so rare, I probably seen it once every 200 or 300 matches.

Bishop, Mr Fantastic, Medusa, Hawkeye are probably hard counters.