***** Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior) *****

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Vhailorx said:
    Umm, she sucks.

8 red AP for a 2-turn repeater tile that does 6k damage and makes ~500 in strike tiles? and it will sometimes generate a bit of yellow. That's poor.

Her green is worse. She passively generates a 3 turn countdown to make 3 green ap.  And then collects 10 green ap, she can use it to generate ANOTHER 31turn countdown to do 6k damage and some boardshake. (Gambit generates 6ap every 2 turns with this same mechanic, and we all know how great that is for him these days.)

Yellow sends a chosen ally airborne for 2 turns, and does some light burst heal and a massive 11k damage to a target after 2 turns. Is this her best power?

That kit looks poor on its own (almost all cd/repeater based, abd none her tiles are even fortified).  But add in that it's red/green/yellow and it looks awful.  Under what circumstances would I ever run her over half-Thor? He has better damage output, aoe damage, better self acceleration, and even better defense in his yellow.

Unless those damage numbers are at 255 (in which case she would do ~4x as much at 450), she seems very low mid tier at first read.  Am I missing something?
    Glad you said this. I’m thinking the exact same. She honestly seems slightly above Fisk level. 
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    on the face of it, she seems slow and unreliable.

red: 2-turn repeaters usually get to fire between 0 and 2 times before disappearing, unless you're very lucky with placement. so probably an average of 6k damage and 750 in strikes per firing? less than phoenix for 1 less ap, and less reliable. i'm having trouble estimating how often that yellow generation will trigger... highly situational.

@Brigby , is the mean right hook repeater randomly placed, or chosen? that would have a huge effect on it's survivability... also, does "not from a match" include a line-removal from a match 4, as long as it wasn't part of those 4?

green: non-fortified, 3-turn repeater? yeah, that will fire maybe, maybe once in 5 turns. the active part will therefore be slow to show up, and even when it does, it's significantly less good than black bolt's, by a wide margin.

yellow: seems nice :) 5500 isn't a whole lot of health in 5* land, but being able to get an ally out of the way of team damage or something like that is very useful, and the damage is decent for the cost, but not great [compare to jj red (which adds strikes), surfer red (which charges), gr/doom/jj black]. it's pretty rare to have a damaging yellow though.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    I guess she will tank all 3 colors for Thor (at equal levels), so she is yet another big-ish jump in match damage.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    So the 4* Marvel is one of the best 4* and now this version of Marvel is.... bad it seems.  Heck her 4* might be better than her 5* version.  Are we missing something?  
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx said:

Under what circumstances would I ever run her over half-Thor? 

You would, after they nerf him  >:)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    So the 4* Marvel is one of the best 4* and now this version of Marvel is.... bad it seems.  Heck her 4* might be better than her 5* version.  Are we missing something?  
    I would think a 350+ Carol 4* is more useful than a 45 5* in most circumstances (sometimes the match damage and health will win out).

She has a bigger nuke, better passives, equal tile generation, and some fun CD control.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    y4747 said:
    -snip-

Brigby , is the mean right hook repeater randomly placed, or chosen? that would have a huge effect on it's survivability... also, does "not from a match" include a line-removal from a match 4, as long as it wasn't part of those 4?

-snip-
    It is randomly placed. Line-removal from a Match 4 will in fact proc the passive, granting the player 2 Yellow AP. I believe Photonic Rush will also proc the passive.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    here, devs, i fixed her for you. quickly run back and work on the changes and numbers.

1st ability: black: 9 ap: photonic barrage: place a 3 turn countdown that produces 2 strike tiles per turn. deals damage to the target enemy when it hits 0

2nd ability: green: passive: energy manipulation: when the enemy makes a match in any of cap marvel's strong colours, steal 1 ap in that colour. if the enemy's strongest colour is the same as cap's generate 5 red ap when that colour is matched.

3rd ability: red: passive: photonic blasts: when you have more than 8 red ap, spend 1 red ap to do aoe damage to all enemies. (similar to 4* blade's red).

she'd kill with thorkoye. maybe overkill now that i think about it. but they'd be fun. better than captain repeater tile...
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Green does damage for every tile destroyed on the active, this adds up significantly with multiple rows and her high match damage.

It should do a lot more than 6k when it activates, look at GRRR's green for example.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    3/5/5
    Man y'all really sleeping on this character

If I'm reading this correctly if you go 3/5/5 she's making a 1 turn repeater every turn until you get 10 green AP.

She has a 8ap nuke that's yellow, that can heal and remove Ally's from danger that feeds off  red.

She should be shaking the board non stop  until she gets 10 green AP.

Between her and 50 percent Thor the board should rarely be stable
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    What game was she made for? Seems too slow for this one.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards

If I'm reading this correctly if you go 3/5/5 she's making a 1 turn repeater every turn until you get 10 green AP.

She has a 8ap nuke that's yellow, that can heal and remove Ally's from danger that feeds off  red.

I think you're misreading her green (or I'm missing something).  I'm reading her passive creates a 3 turn repeater that disappears after she gets 10 green ap.  After that happens, then it's board shake every turn at 5 colors.  

Basically, I'm reading that the passive changes after she reaches 10ap and then falls under 10 green.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3
    I don't get why there's so much confusion on how her green works, seems fairly straight forward. Just for clarification sake @Brigby can you break it down for us? Thanks.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019

you are not reading the green power correctly.  the repeater is never less than 3 turns.  the reduction at higher levels is in the countdown tile that is placed after you get 10+ green ap and fire the power.

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    Hey repeaters, if only there was a character who could counter that with their eyes closed.....
    never mind, kitty does not take out repeaters
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    She will be GREAT after they nerf Thor! I just wish Cap Carol had a mechanic where she can work with Swarm tiles. But then we’d have a new OP meta on our hands...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    3/5/5
    Geez! Her red match damage is 797. That's a huge jump and I hope this is meant to complement her ability or to make up for her abilility low damage. The rest is 709 and 620. 

The key word is friendly strike tiles, friendly special tiles, destroy tile / rows

Potentially, she could destroy up to 8 rows. That means if there are 10 tiles of each of her main colour on the board, her Photonic Rush can deal as much as 28k damage (non-main Captain Marvel tiles are not included in calculation).

First thought: Storm's Hailstorm floods af  50% of the board with attack tiles . You easily destroys an additional 4-5 rows because her green processes off friendly special tiles. 

I think I'll pair her up with Dazzler's to flood the board with strike tiles. That's 5 strike tiles + 3 additional strike tiles for every 3 red ap. Maybe I'll use Storm's Hailstorm. Then, I use Carol's Photonic Rush. Destroy rows. Gain as many as 30 yellow ap or easily 16 ap. Fire Get Your Six twice. Edit: make it thrice since she can target herself.

Question: does her passive processes if fortified friendly strike tiles are destroyed?