Crash of the Titans: The Symbiote vs. The Parasite

2/3/4 lvl 188 Venom

War of attrition, I was able to get my yellow off to take Carnage down to below 1000. He matched to get enough to fire off his red, but was below 500 at that point, so I was able to down him in my next move before he could fire it off, other wise it would have been game over.

Token was a Black GEDoom! Which was awesome as I'm now trying to climb into the top 100 of Strange Sights to get Magik.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aren't all symbiotes parasites? Or is it the other way around...

5/3/5 Level 293 Venom

My Venom was was simply too much for poor Carnage, especially on a yellow/green dominant board. If you have an under-covered/under-leveled Venom, but covers in black, you might try to bring +match dam boost and a support that adds more match damage. Also, remember to have a cast of yellow in the bank before you cast green.

I was looking for GE Doom with my token... and got him!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I decided to go ahead and champ Eddie for this, since I had the ISO sitting around. Fired yellow and green once each, and match damage and Attack tiles did the rest pretty handily.
    I have to break the streak y'all got going with the tokens, tho. I only got a Thing champ level from mine ;)
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    After something like a 9/0/0 start on Eddie a few months ago, he filled out to a usable 10/2/3.
    So I gave him some iso to 209, strapped on a 3* Cull Obsidian, and took both g/b and r/y damage boosts.
    I used the yellow when the enemy protects were bunched up, and likely to be matched away, and then both he and I did end up removing many of them. Fired the green a bit later, and Venom was down in two more turns of attack tiles.

Got the Doom when he entered LTs, so saving up for the next rotation.

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    First try: 5/4/4, level 100: Utterly crushed.
    Second try: 5/4/4, level 127: Got him below 10k, then smooshed.
    Third try: 5/4/4, level 144: Got him below 8k, then squished.
    Fourth try: 5/4/4, level 157: got him below 3k, then... hey wait, I have 27 yellow AP, when did that happen? Crushed him for a change!
    My reward was a champ level for a freshly champed character that I want to play around with some in sim: Moon Knight!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Lvl 165 5/3/5 Venom

The two Symbiotes had a bit of a slugging match but the board was kind and I got to fire green then yellow and eventually finished him off with another yellow although it was close by then. Is Carnage neutered in this fight? He never fired a single power outside of his passive but ironically gave me a symbiotes scythe team-up for beating him!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally a normal Crash that I can play with without any support or boost needed.

3/5/5 champed Venom won the match easily. Ate one Carnage's red. Finished it with a Venom's yellow followed by his green. Carnage's passive helps to lower Venom's green power to 7 easily. Denied green (common active power colour) and watch out for Carnage's cheap red power.