Random MPQ Thoughts

Options

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the Hearts of Darkness sub in the 4* node, you have Prof X face off against Prof X.  I just imagine the 2 of them having an internal mental battle trying to control each other.  Maybe something like Inception or the Matrix. 
  • MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited February 2019
    Options
    bbigler said:
    In the Hearts of Darkness sub in the 4* node, you have Prof X face off against Prof X.  I just imagine the 2 of them having an internal mental battle trying to control each other.  Maybe something like Inception or the Matrix. 
    Would they perhaps have a psychic mind battle, a la South Park? 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    Kahmon said:
    With Namor's existence being so tied to the ocean, shouldn't 1 of his abilities be blue?
    I suppose he doesn’t really control the water as much as lives in it. You wouldn’t give every land based hero a green power. Sandman has yellow powers, because he controls sand, and human torch interacts with red because of fire. But living in water doesnt exactly qualify.

that being said, it would make sense for him to have a blue power, especially with him generating so much of it

Sounds like we need HydroMan added to the game ;)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Nah, I'm thinking more like the bit toward the start of Hackers where they're fighting over the TV station ;)
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Not really a thought, but more of an observation (it didn't really seem worthy of its own thread, and seemed to fit in here): the enemy counter in the wave announcement banner is 'live' and dynamically updated. Noticed this in the easy wave node in hearts of darkness when a 3-enemy wave switched in and I downed one during the banner's lifetime and the banner read '2 enemies'. Nice detail.

/edit: extra clarification
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Maybe it was this guy on the other side:

• DAZ0273
    Options
    OK, so I only have a God Emperor Doom yellow cover and it is fine and everything but what exactly is going on there in the animation? Doom sort of just turns around, a bit. It isn't even a sexy booty turn around Cyclops or Mr. F style.

Is it maybe that he is so brimming with cosmic power that sort of half turning around is as much as he can manage without accidentally disintegrating his team mates instead of healing them?

I'm going to use Black Bolt's yellow power to find out what else he does now. Maybe a slight shrug or a finger wiggle?
  • TPF Alexis
    edited February 2019
    Options
    DeNappa said:
    Not really a thought, but more of an observation (it didn't really seem worthy of its own thread, and seemed to fit in here): the enemy counter in the wave announcement banner is 'live' and dynamically updated. Noticed this in the easy wave node in hearts of darkness when a 3-enemy wave switched in and I downed one during the banner's lifetime and the banner read '2 enemies'. Nice detail.

A: That's exactly what I started this thread for. B: I've had that happen a few times, and it always amuses me :)

DAZ0273 said:
    OK, so I only have a God Emperor Doom yellow cover and it is fine and everything but what exactly is going on there in the animation? Doom sort of just turns around, a bit. It isn't even a sexy booty turn around Cyclops or Mr. F style.

Is it maybe that he is so brimming with cosmic power that sort of half turning around is as much as he can manage without accidentally disintegrating his team mates instead of healing them?

I'm going to use Black Bolt's yellow power to find out what else he does now. Maybe a slight shrug or a finger wiggle?
    I didn't pay that much attention when I fired his black but as I recall, it was just him sitting on a throne with smoke or something swirling around him a little.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DeNappa said:

A: That's exactly what I started this thread for. B: I've had that happen a few times, and it always amuses me :)

DAZ0273 said:

I didn't pay that much attention when I fired his black but as I recall, it was just him sitting on a throne with smoke or something swirling around him a little.
    He also snaps his fingers, a la Thanos.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Yeah, I just tried it out. It is all a bit underwhelming. He might as well have got his servants to play on his behalf for the amount of effort he puts in.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I was playing Strange Sights and my youngest offspring was lying next to me on my bed reading about dragons. He glanced over and saw that Cook the books got used. "Who has that power?"

"Maggia Don" I replied.

"He'll never get a job as a library man doing that"

I decided not to explain any further but I suspect he will be looking out for anybody wearing hats with feathers in next time he goes to the book shop in case they start setting things on fire...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I was playing Strange Sights and my youngest offspring was lying next to me on my bed reading about dragons. He glanced over and saw that Cook the books got used. "Who has that power?"

"Maggia Don" I replied.

I decided not to explain any further but I suspect he will be looking out for anybody wearing hats with feathers in next time he goes to the book shop in case they start setting things on fire...
    Could you get him to read Fahrenheit 451 by telling him that Guy Montag also has the "Cook the Books" power?  If not, tell him that the Hitman's "Covering Fire" will put a cover over the fire that the cooked books make...
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

"Maggia Don" I replied.

Could you get him to read Fahrenheit 451 by telling him that Guy Montag also has the "Cook the Books" power?  If not, tell him that the Hitman's "Covering Fire" will put a cover over the fire that the cooked books make...
    As he is only 8 I suspect the first option will simply result in a "What's a Fahrenheit?!?!? It doesn't sound like a dragon." reaction. But plan 2 sounds like a good one!
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Further conversations with my offspring:

"So what are the other Maggia called?"

"Uhm, ok, so there is thug, muscle oh and hitman."

"No what are their actual names? Like, the hat dude is called Don. What about the others?"

For a minute I thought about explaining but then thought, y'know he does have a point. So now the Thug is called Greg, the Muscle is Vinnie and not forgetting Bob the Hitman.
    Hah, I can totally see Muscle as a Vinnie :D but i always thought Hitman was a Frankie (or possibly a Freddie). Thug can be Brickface Bob....
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

"No what are their actual names? Like, the hat dude is called Don. What about the others?"

For a minute I thought about explaining but then thought, y'know he does have a point. So now the Thug is called Greg, the Muscle is Vinnie and not forgetting Bob the Hitman.
    Something similar popped into my head a while ago about Don. "Oh, no, he's not an actual Maggia Don. He's just a dude who's kind of obsessed with the Maggia who happens to be named Don." XD
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    In Strange Sights Daredevil mentions how long it’s been since he heard a human voice. Elektra is also there, so I was wondering what he had done to cause her not to be speaking to him.
    I’m assuming in that alternate reality she’s been replaced by a life model decoy.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Bob, the Hitman.
    Can we shoot it?
    Bob, the Hitman.
    Yes, we can!

Hey!
    Time to get busy, such a lot to do 
    Shooting and clubbing till you're black and blue! 
    Bob and the gang have so much fun 
    Working together, they get the job done

Sounds like your son would get along with my youngest daughter just fine.  When we play the game of Life on the computer, she said that my wife's name is "Pink Peg" because she's always represented by...a pink peg.
    Lovely, I'll be internally singing Bob the Builder for the rest of the day, thank you very much.