Kitty is gone, what next to build 5e coverage?

2»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    tiomono said:
    Quebbster said:
    ammenell said:
    I'd jump on the chance to get purple or blue covers for Hawkeye for 500cp each, just to play him with coulson and shuri.

sometimes you care less about other characters you could have drawn

Classic characters are different since they are cheaper and harder to get. There are currently 28 fivestars in Classic Legends, so the odds of getting a cover for the specific one you need is around 1 in 200. So on average you would need to spend 4000 CP to get a cover for a Classic fivestar, in that case it is definitely better to go for the 250 CP option.
    I would still take my 12 random 4*'s with a chance on 5*'s over 1 5* of my choosing though.
    That's a defensible position, but it does kind of depend on how much value you would get from that 5*.

For example, if you had a 2/5/5 kitty (after her 4* feeder was released), and her yellow cover was on on sale for 250cp, and you like playing pvp, then you would be pretty crazy not to buy it.  Kitty is the current meta king, so the marginal value of champing her and getting the best available PvP team is quite high. And with a terrible build like 2/5/5 even after getting the feeder covers, you will have a very hard time getting that 13th cover any other way.  So sacrifing a dozen or so other covers makes sense.

But that is very rare fact pattern.  In most cases, I think that even the 250cp HfH covers are not the most efficient use of resources.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    tiomono said:
    Quebbster said:
    ammenell said:
    I'd jump on the chance to get purple or blue covers for Hawkeye for 500cp each, just to play him with coulson and shuri.

Classic characters are different since they are cheaper and harder to get. There are currently 28 fivestars in Classic Legends, so the odds of getting a cover for the specific one you need is around 1 in 200. So on average you would need to spend 4000 CP to get a cover for a Classic fivestar, in that case it is definitely better to go for the 250 CP option.
    I would still take my 12 random 4*'s with a chance on 5*'s over 1 5* of my choosing though.
    That's a defensible position, but it does kind of depend on how much value you would get from that 5*.

For example, if you had a 2/5/5 kitty (after her 4* feeder was released), and her yellow cover was on on sale for 250cp, and you like playing pvp, then you would be pretty crazy not to buy it.  Kitty is the current meta king, so the marginal value of champing her and getting the best available PvP team is quite high. And with a terrible build like 2/5/5 even after getting the feeder covers, you will have a very hard time getting that 13th cover any other way.  So sacrifing a dozen or so other covers makes sense.

But that is very rare fact pattern.  In most cases, I think that even the 250cp HfH covers are not the most efficient use of resources.
    Yes please, everybody go run Kitty.
    My BSSM needs to get more playtime.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Vhailorx said:
    tiomono said:
    Quebbster said:
    ammenell said:

Yup, the kitty meta is great for the ~1% of players who earned enough LTs in 2016 to cover BSSM (or the even smaller group of people who have covered him from classics).  That doesn't really change the fact that gritty is the PvP meta team right now. So enjoy this run while it lasts as one of the old school super-players Bow!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Vhailorx said:
    tiomono said:
    Quebbster said:
    ammenell said:

Yup, the kitty meta is great for the ~1% of players who earned enough LTs in 2016 to cover BSSM (or the even smaller group of people who have covered him from classics).  That doesn't really change the fact that gritty is the PvP meta team right now. So enjoy this run while it lasts as one of the old school super-players Bow!
    I wonder what percent I am in with only 3 5*'s champed.

Daredevil, Kitty, and Bssm.

I'm one medusa away from being able to add black bolt.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    just depends on the roster and playstyle, i guess.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Meh, I have no problems getting rid of Gritty teams with Thorkoye. I actually use them to climb now since they rarely #. Can it go bad? Yes but it hasn’t happened enough to get me to shy away.

Take a C&D team up with you when you go in case things get sideways.