QoL Request : Mindless Ones speed up

Options
LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
I know this has been mentioned in the past, but playing against the Mindless Ones in this latest PVE reminds me that if D3/Demi really cared about our Quality of Life in play (which they have said they had in previous changes) they would change how Mindless Ones is played so we don't waste time each match:

* One at a time, put out their special tiles at the beginning of the match.
* One at a time, put out their countdown tiles.
* One at a time resolve the effects of their countdown tiles each turn.
* At end of every turn, slowly resolve the attack tile.  Yes, we get it.  The damage comes from the tile and then floats up to the team member on the right.  No need to run through this animation every time, just take the damage off immediately and move on.

Yes, I understand they are operating as the game operates.  But having three of them do it each and every match is boring (at least to me) and takes away from the fun of the game play.  It would really help my QoL for gameplay if this could speed up a bit so we could get back to the puzzle aspect of the play.  Or at least make it a toggle so for those that want to watch it all still can.

Thanks for listening.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find myself wondering why players put up with Honor Among Thieves, but apparently Fight for Wakanda was so awful they mothballed it. 

The Mindless Ones are awful. But maybe the devs want them in to slow the game down a little.  

I don’t care what you call the power when some MO puts down an attack/protect/strike tile.  Not at all. It happens at the beginning of the match; just do it and get it over with. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Counterpoint: every time there's an event featuring the Mindless Ones, have both 4* Grocket and America Chavez as boosted characters.  This more than makes up for the animation sluggishness.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aaaaaand we're doing here, well done again, Malcrof.

Just outright close the thread next time, it'll be more honest.

Why not just leave threads in General for 24 hours, to see how much traction a suggestion can get from the players?

Burying this in here, where most threads have 1 to 3 replies, doesn't help anyone.

I assume, even IF the devs are reading the forum, it'd be easier for them to rank suggestions on the number of replies.
    Which you will not get if you move stuff 20 minutes after it has been created.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Its daft that this should get moved because its such a big issue for me too. I detest how long I have to wait to take my turn when playing against the Mindless Ones. Why cant it all be in one move? Why cant they do everything in one move? 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was just thinking this last night. My initial clear on sub 2 took me 12 minutes longer than usual and I still finished it in 3rd place. Crazy.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If it takes longer, it doesn't take longer for only one person. Honestly, there are other issues to complain about.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    While wasting ALL players time means that this doesn't affect competition, it's a valid point that unnecessarily wasting 10+ minutes of players' time every day is a negative thing.

On a related note around speed, I've never understood why all characters don't get 3-star Doom's high matching speed? Is there some reason that anyone would want slower match speed and longer matches? Longer, slower matches just seem a negative for all players.

Sure, all these types of speed-related QoL things are "just" a few seconds per match, but, when multiplied across 9 nodes x 7 clears per day, even just an extra 10 seconds per match adds 10 minutes to total clear time for the day.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I actually really enjoy fighting Mindless Ones, but I do agree that they make the already tedious nature of PVE even more time-consuming. If they could place all three of their special tiles immediately in one shot at the beginning of battle, that would go a LONG way to improving the game.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just want them to hurry up and take their turn. Why does it take so long? No other goon is so so slow.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This really isn't a "Mindless Ones" thread.  It's more about fundamentally changing the way a lot of things are implemented.