Which are the least used charecters in each tier?

Options
This is for just fun.no negative thoughts.
Also limited charecters excluded from this.
So please everybody gives answers.
So we can request our developers for charecter reworks.

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,193 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also excluding the latest 4/5* since that would skew the numbers since most people don't have them...

1* Venom (yes Yelena is "limited", but is she really? her cover drops all the time...)
    2* Moonstone
    3* Elektra 
    4* Wiccan (or Kingpin)
    5* Wasp 

• pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    3* Gambit
    4* Falcon 
    5* Banner
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    pfarewell said:
    3* Gambit
    4* Falcon 
    5* Banner
    hahaha, i actually looked through the character list and my mind just ignored 3*Gambit and 4*Falcon... good call on both.  I was debating Banner over Wasp, but Banner at least has the whole Hulk transformation thing to keep him alive.  Wasp has, ummm, honeycomb tiles? 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Honestly this wouldn't be nearly as useful data for anything above 3* IMO.  By default the least used (other than limited as you stipulated) would be the newest:

5* Doctor Doom
    4* Prowler
    3* Angel
    2* Moonstone
    1* Venom
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If we say the least used for 2018 where the character be available for the whole year, I guess:

1* Hawkeye
    2* Bullseye
    3* Sentry
    4* Venom
    5* Doc Octopus

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2* its probably Moonstone for me
    3* Angel I guess, Tied with 3lektra and Gambit. I only use any 3s if they're required anymore unless it's IM40/Strang3/Thanos playing up. 
    4* Of my champs it's Kingpin, i'm only a little past halfway champing everyone
    5* Wa5p for sure, but since I don't have any champs my opinion here is not very valuable
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Relative to release date:
    1*Venom
    2*Moonstone
    3*Angel
    4*Kingpin
    5*Widow
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No way. The 2* has to be Steve. Moonstone at least has the only special tile theft ability in 2* land going for her, and her huge...health pool.
    1*, yeah, probably Venom, but I've never seen Hawkeye in PvP either. All the others, I see at least occasionally.
    Above that, it's hard to say. There are a number of characters who are pretty bad as MPQ characters, but popular enough as Marvel characters that they might still get a fair amount of play from casuals. Wasp does seem a fairly solid bet for 5*, tho, and I wouldn't be surprised by Flaptain in 4*.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1* Venom

2* Bullseye

3* Gambit

4* Emma Frost

5* Hulk
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    No way. The 2* has to be Steve. Moonstone at least has the only special tile theft ability in 2* land going for her, and her huge...health pool. 
    I've been playing for 3 years and I've never figured out how to make that move work in my favor, I've given up trying and just let the AP for that rot... lol.  I'd use Bagman over her... 
    Steve is much most straight-forward, just way too weak.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options

What you stealing in 2* land? Some Daken strike tiles? XD
    Since I recycle my 2*s, every character gets some play time during DDQ, I don't mind having her.  Red can be decent, purple as well.  Being that she's probably the least well-known character in that tier, I'm guessing that facet, along with her kit, adds to her unpopularity.  2* Cap stinks too, but at least he has tile overwriting and name recognition going for him.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting. For 1* and 2*s we're probably talking about characters who aren't used in DDQ at all, (2*s are otherwise required more or less evenly in story events, and I doubt ever used aside from that) so I'd guess:

1* - Black Widow
    2* - Moonstone

For 3*s I'd have to guess Elektra; I'm having a hard time seeing anyone intentionally using her when she's not required. Other traditionally "terrible" 3* characters either have niche uses (Punisher vs bosses, Sentry with 4* Carol) that people play around with from time to time or are required in Lightning Rounds (Mystique, Ragnarok).

4* - Possibly Sam Wilson, but he's had his crash out for a while, and it can take a lot of tries, so that might skew his numbers higher than someone else who is not quite as terrible, like... Jubilee? Too recent? Bucky?
    There we go. Going with Winter Solder.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can say that I plan to never use Bl4ck Widow unless she is required after I champ her. I'm not using her now either, but that's just because she'd underleveled.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options

It's a decent use of black AP on those nodes where she's required and where there are Maggia Muscle. Just killing them faster is usually better, but... /shrug. I can't say I'd ever bring her instead of anyone else just for that effect, though.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Options

No, players in the 2*-3* transition use her against Muscle in PvE SCL 7+.  Going 3 covers on her purple sometimes lets it actually be of use.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Options
    rixmith said:
    If we say the least used for 2018 where the character be available for the whole year, I guess:

1* Hawkeye
    2* Bullseye
    3* Sentry
    4* Venom
    5* Doc Octopus

1* Hawkeye comes in Prologue, and has precision tile manipulation.

2* Bullseye has precision tile manipulation and persistent Protect tiles (they can get matched away but more appear)

4* Venom is niche in some matchups.

I'd say 1* Yelena Belova (though she has a power that sometimes can be useful in teamups, she's limited and slow).  2* Captain America (his damage is so terrible).  4* . . . lotta good candidates really.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Normalized by days released (otherwise God Emperor Doom would win 5*s, Spider-Ham would win 4*s, etc. And that's just stupid.) Also disregarding Limited characters, otherwise Yelena, Bag-Man, and Devil Dino win handily there in their own tiers.

1* Hawkeye (Classic)
    2* Moonstone
    3* Vision
    4* Punisher (Max)
    5* Professor X
    Isn't PX a 4 star?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    Definitely surprised by PunMax being least used.  Maybe Prof X will be a future 5* ;)
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Ugh, I apparently can't read charts today. I blame a heavy lunch. Updated!