Easy "Time Issue" Solution For Tournaments

Options
IceIx - I had a (maybe) great idea.

I know that people are frusterated with the time issue for the tournaments ending and you have recently elaborated about the backend equipment that would be needed.

I have an idea that might be doable without that equipment? I think.... but that thought is based on my experience of your running 3 concurrent "Featured" events before.

What if you created the same PVP/E tournament 3 times (or maybe 3 different ones) all starting at the same time and staggered the end times by 8 hours? 96hr, 88hr, 80h for example.

They all begin at the same time and players can choose which one they want to enter. Once they select (and confirm) which one they want, they are locked out of the other two.

Of course the -8, -16 tournaments should have their progression rewards scaled back from the 96 hour to make them as equally achievable. The only disadvantage might be to the players that are in the -8/-16 tournaments because of the lack of PvP/E iso grinding (but then again, they should be sleeping, right? icon_lol.gif ) and they would also have the opportunity for the same Iso-8 grinding in the simulator - so maybe this is a non-issue?

Just a thought. Not sure how your servers would work with this, but it seems doable with the way things have been run so far.

Comments

• Or possibly to make it easier, every fourth or third tournament just ends at a time convenient for the European players. If the people with European IPs makes up about 25% of the players, then every fourth tournament. Let us US players get a taste of what the Europeans have been struggling with since the beginning. Coding 3 different tournaments with 3 different reward structures sounds too hard, certainly short term.
  • Coding 3 different tournaments with 3 different reward structures sounds too hard, certainly short term.

We've already had 3 tournaments going at the same time, each with their own rewards... so maybe not.
  • Juggerlo wrote:
    Coding 3 different tournaments with 3 different reward structures sounds too hard, certainly short term.

We've already had 3 tournaments going at the same time, each with their own rewards... so maybe not.

Yes but in each tournament, you could attack anyone else in the game. What you are suggesting is splitting the player base into 3 parts that they can't control and can only attack people in that special group. Having 3 different events is not the hard part, the back-end code is similar for all those, but the splitting would have to be implemented and tested.
  • Let us US players get a taste of what the Europeans have been struggling with since the beginning.

Vy откуда? Я американец и Я говорю по-русски немного. Моя жена из Омска.

Sorry if that is incorrect in any way. Still learning! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Juggerlo wrote:
    Vy откуда? Я американец и Я говорю по-русски немного. Моя жена из Омска.

Sorry if that is incorrect in any way. Still learning! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Wish I could tell you... I am actually not Russian. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Wish I could tell you... I am actually not Russian. icon_e_smile.gif

shenanigans.jpg