List of S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Essentials

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who do we think is up next after the 5* release? 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess is Peggy + Wasp as two of the essentials.  I've got no idea about the third, since they've been all over the place the last few runs.  Black Panther is a possibility as the oldest recent character not to have been featured, but I wouldn't bet on it.
  • jamesh
    According to the anniversary thread, it's Peggy Carter, Wasp, and Emma Frost, with Taskmaster as the new character.  So two out of three isn't too bad :)
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    now that we have 3 limited characters, what's the chances we get a 3 Limited Required SHIELD Training event next anniversary?
  • jamesh
    Domino's SHIELD Training features Dazzler, Luke Cage, and Gwenpool.  I guess we're back to the bad old days of them picking extremely new characters, rather Spider-Man and Emma Frost being outliers.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed this hadn't been updated with the last two:

Prowler:  Dazzler, Medusa, and Captain Marvel

Spider-Ham:  Ghost Rider, Agent Coulson, Riri Williams

An observation here:  The developers have started to make one of the ST Essentials be the placement reward in the PVE prior.  So Ghost Rider was the PVE placement in HoD, which ran just before The Hunt (Spider-Ham's release event).  Which makes it somewhat possible to predict, possibly, one of the essentials before it is announced, but also makes it possible to earn at least a progression cover for an essential, and possibly a placement one, depending on your luck and ability.

Also:  The developers have begun to run the PVE rewards in a cycle with the 3 most recent 4's (currently in tokens) being rewards/essentials, followed by 2 Vintage 4's, and repeating that (new releases will interrupt the pattern).  So from the player's perspective, there is a fairly high likelihood (60% or 3/5) that the ST essentials will feature a fairly recent character.  

Also also:  Since there are now 71 "vintage" 4's, if the developers ran all the 4's in pairs that weren't just in a PVE for the ST (3 ST's occur, on average, every 2 months), that would mean 6 every 2 months, or about 23 months with just the 4's in the game before you saw someone be essential again.  If there were no repeats, but there have been some.
  • bluewolf
    I noticed this hadn't been updated with the last two:

Prowler:  Dazzler, Medusa, and Captain Marvel

Spider-Ham:  Ghost Rider, Agent Coulson, Riri Williams

An observation here:  The developers have started to make one of the ST Essentials be the placement reward in the PVE prior.  So Ghost Rider was the PVE placement in HoD, which ran just before The Hunt (Spider-Ham's release event).  Which makes it somewhat possible to predict, possibly, one of the essentials before it is announced, but also makes it possible to earn at least a progression cover for an essential, and possibly a placement one, depending on your luck and ability.

Also:  The developers have begun to run the PVE rewards in a cycle with the 3 most recent 4's (currently in tokens) being rewards/essentials, followed by 2 Vintage 4's, and repeating that (new releases will interrupt the pattern).  So from the player's perspective, there is a fairly high likelihood (60% or 3/5) that the ST essentials will feature a fairly recent character.  

Also also:  Since there are now 71 "vintage" 4's, if the developers ran all the 4's in pairs that weren't just in a PVE for the ST (3 ST's occur, on average, every 2 months), that would mean 6 every 2 months, or about 23 months with just the 4's in the game before you saw someone be essential again.  If there were no repeats, but there have been some.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ghost Rider may have been out of sequence since that was when he was made a feeder for Gho5t Rider possibly.
  • jamesh
    Any guesses on the next set of characters?  Given their recent trend of using new characters, I wonder if it'll be Prowler, Mordo, and Iron Fist?
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    General consensus seems to be Prowler as far as new characters.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ghost Rider may have been out of sequence since that was when he was made a feeder for Gho5t Rider possibly.

The feeder came for Halloween, this is for Spider-Ham's release in December. It was not out of sequence.

General consensus seems to be Prowler as far as new characters.
    Since he is a placement reward in Simulator that seems highly likely.
  • jamesh
    edited January 2019
    Given that the next character release has been pushed out an extra week, I'm less convinced it is Prowler.  One other possibility is Mr F, Invisible Woman, and Thing, to tie in with the FF promotion.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Newer Essential for the N4mor release is Domino!
    A lot of people were complaining about Emma and Dazzler being regular essentials on the last trainings because they were rather new.  
    Now everybody had enough time to collect Nebula - who would be next due to release order and for whom you could actually earn FOUR extra covers from Sinister 600 alliance progression - and they skip her!
    Personally I am glad because I don't have to spend iso-8 for Nebula. 
    But again you learn that you can't predict nothing in this game. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ares76 said:
    Newer Essential for the N4mor release is Domino!
    A lot of people were complaining about Emma and Dazzler being regular essentials on the last trainings because they were rather new.  
    Now everybody had enough time to collect Nebula - who would be next due to release order and for whom you could actually earn FOUR extra covers from Sinister 600 alliance progression - and they skip her!
    Personally I am glad because I don't have to spend iso-8 for Nebula. 
    But again you learn that you can't predict nothing in this game. 

It's because of the new fourstar essential pattern. They do the Three most recent fourstar releases (currently Domino, Bishop and Prowler), then two other fourstars, then repeat. One of the SHIELD training Essentials is the fourstar that's essential in the release PvE. Since Three out of five PvEs have a recently released character in that slot they are also overrepresented as SHIELD training Essentials.

But once Namor is released Domino should be featured a lot less as a PvE essential and thus will not be required in SHIELD training again for a long time.

• bluewolf
    I'm going to cross post  (somewhat) this here:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Thanos (Endgame) (4/18/19) *New Update*
    Required Characters:
    4-Star: Thanos (Endgame), Nick Fury, Carnage, Moon Knight

These 4's are all recently rewarded in PVE.

Carnage was the 4 for alliance rewards in Come and Get Me, run 2/28/19.
    Moon Knight was just in PVE rewards for the Hunt, run 4/11/19.
    Nick Fury covers were available in his costume vault and, of course, from the current MRG run, and one will be in progression in the upcoming Avengers vs Ultron event on 4/18/19.

I mean, this is all just super player friendly in terms of not requiring characters who haven't been PVE rewards in a really long time (which is usually the case).  And is a big break from prior patterns.  We'll see if it continues.
  • bluewolf
    edited June 2019
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Hawkeye (Ronin) (5/2/19) 
    Required Characters:
    4-Star: Hawkeye (Ronin), Magik, Sandman, Professor X

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Sabretooth (5/23/19)
    Required Characters:
    4-Star: Sabretooth, Thanos (Endgame), Thor (Goddess of Thunder), Wolverine (X-Force)

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Black Cat (6/20/19) 
    Required Characters
    4-Star: Black Cat, Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw), Hawkeye (Ronin), Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)
  • bluewolf
    edited September 2019
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Mysterio (7/4/19)

Required Characters
    4-Star: Mysterio, Peggy Carter, Invisible Woman, Elektra (Unkillable)

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Juggernaut (8/1/19) *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    4-Star: Juggernaut, Sabretooth, The Hulk (The Main Event), America Chavez

Note:  The 8/1/19 ST will be the first time that people who previously were given out in ST become essentials in the "older" slots.
  • bluewolf
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - New Character (???) (9/19/19)
    Featured Characters:
    4-Star: New Character (???), Juggernaut (Fear Itself), Hawkeye (Ronin), Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)

It's kind of weird that Ronin is required for a second time, only about 3 months after being essential for Black Cat.  I have no idea if there is a pattern at this point that we can look for.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:

It's kind of weird that Ronin is required for a second time, only about 3 months after being essential for Black Cat.  I have no idea if there is a pattern at this point that we can look for.
    Ugh, I had such high hopes for SHIELD Training as a way to support veteran players in helping (even just a little) with 4* cover dilution, but to have both Juggernaut and Ronin as required characters just seems like trolling.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    To continue:

#30) 07/04/2019
    Featured: Mysterio (Quentin Beck)
    Newer Essential:
    Older Essentials: Peggy Carter, Invisible Woman, Elektra (Unkillable)

#31) 08/01/2019
    Featured: Juggernaut (Fear Itself)
    Newer Essential: Sabretooth
    Older Essentials: The Hulk (The Main Event), America Chavez

#32) 08/29/2019
    Featured: Human Torch (Jim Hammond)
    Newer Essential: Sabretooth
    Older Essentials: Black Panther (King of Wakanda), The Thing (Classic)

#33) 09/19/2019
    Featured: Captain America (Worthy)
    Newer Essential: Juggernaut (Fear Itself)
    Older Essentials: Hawkeye (Ronin), Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)

#34) 10/10/2019
    Featured: Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara)
    Newer Essential
    Older Essentials