List of S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Essentials

2

Comments

  • DarthDeVoDarthDeVo Posts: 1,919 Chairperson of the Boards
     Just noticed that you need the numeral 8 after Teen Jean to reflect the event in which she was required. 

    Also, Lockjaw is the last character at the bottom of the list, and will likely be featured next. You'll need to add the characters released after him at some point .

    Thanks for keeping this updated and looking nice. It's a great resource! 
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
     Just noticed that you need the numeral 8 after Teen Jean to reflect the event in which she was required. 

    Also, Lockjaw is the last character at the bottom of the list, and will likely be featured next. You'll need to add the characters released after him at some point .

    Thanks for keeping this updated and looking nice. It's a great resource! 
    Thanks for the feedback. Done and done. Also bolded the characters I added to indicate they have had a cover rewarded through SHIELD training. 
  • jameshjamesh Posts: 1,380 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe also note that Rogue through Shuri have been featured in previous SHIELD Training too?

    It will be interesting to see what they do for the SHIELD Training after next: do they feature Rogue as she'd be the next character leaving latest status, or pick someone who hasn't been used before?
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    jamesh said:
    Maybe also note that Rogue through Shuri have been featured in previous SHIELD Training too?

    It will be interesting to see what they do for the SHIELD Training after next: do they feature Rogue as she'd be the next character leaving latest status, or pick someone who hasn't been used before?
    Cleaned up the OP more to reflect all characters featured in SHIELD Training.  I agree that it will be an interesting bridge to cross when we get there.
  • Wonko33Wonko33 Posts: 842 Critical Contributor
    What level do the 4* need to complete the right column?

  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,179 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 said:
    What level do the 4* need to complete the right column?

    209.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 said:
    What level do the 4* need to complete the right column?

    209.
    Which means you need 10 covers to get there. 9 might be enough with an 5/4/0 build.
  • Wonko33Wonko33 Posts: 842 Critical Contributor
    thanks guys I have a 13 cover drax  but I want to keep ISO if I can so ill only level him enough to get the spidey cover
  • DarthDeVoDarthDeVo Posts: 1,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like we missed the update for Ghost: 

    #14) 07/12/2018:
    Featured: Ghost (Quantum Thief) 
    Latest Essential: Nightcrawler (Classic)
    Classic Essentials: Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy), The Punisher (MAX)
  • jameshjamesh Posts: 1,380 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Editing because I missed the Emma Frost announcement thread.

    It looks like the next lot will be:
    • Featured: Emma Frost (Astonishing X-Men)
    • Latest: Spider-Man (Infinity War)
    • Classic: Ant-Man (Scott Lang), X-23 (All New Wolverine)
    So that throws the old pattern out the window.

  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Looks like we missed the update for Ghost: 

    #14) 07/12/2018:
    Featured: Ghost (Quantum Thief) 
    Latest Essential: Nightcrawler (Classic)
    Classic Essentials: Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy), The Punisher (MAX)
    Thanks for the easy copy/paste!

    jamesh said:
    Editing because I missed the Emma Frost announcement thread.

    It looks like the next lot will be:
    • Featured: Emma Frost (Astonishing X-Men)
    • Latest: Spider-Man (Infinity War)
    • Classic: Ant-Man (Scott Lang), X-23 (All New Wolverine)
    So that throws the old pattern out the window.

    Yeah I have no idea what they’re doing now. My Spidey is champed so I’m good there but if they end up doing Wiccan then Ghost I won’t be so lucky. 

    My guess is that is exactly what will happen.

    I think Spidey is the next feeder (Black Suit most likely). 

    I think around the next 4* release we will see Wiccan featured as a PVE and PVP prize and he will be essential for SHIELD. He may or may not be made a feeder for someone too (Strange? Though Mordo is the better choice). 

    Why you ask?

    1. They like giving us feeders for characters we don’t have lots of covers for (less double dipping on prizes)

    2. The PVP/PVE will be more competitive as we compete to get enough covers to allow us to progress in SHIELD Training. 

    Overall they get higher player engagement and give out less rewards all in one fell swoop (shout out to Vulture). It’s genius. I have a feeling our gravy train is over. I wonder if the boss event new releases are a wrap too. Funny both happened simultaneously- and it SEEMS they’re putting the clamps on the cover flow we were enjoying (more data needed obviously... stay tuned). 
  • jameshjamesh Posts: 1,380 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought I was looking pretty good, having ME Hulk champed and having the likely classic characters in good shape (Winter Soldier and Kate Bishop recently champed, 10+ covers for War Machine and Moon Knight).

    I happened to have Spider-Man set as my bonus hero for part of this season, but even with the progression covers from PVP and PVE, I'll still only have him at 9 covers.  I could get lucky, but I doubt it.  This might have been workable with the old token odds.
  • BigSoftieFFBigSoftieFF Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    I thought I was looking pretty good, having ME Hulk champed and having the likely classic characters in good shape (Winter Soldier and Kate Bishop recently champed, 10+ covers for War Machine and Moon Knight).

    I happened to have Spider-Man set as my bonus hero for part of this season, but even with the progression covers from PVP and PVE, I'll still only have him at 9 covers.  I could get lucky, but I doubt it.  This might have been workable with the old token odds.
    Same here. I was almost counting on MEH and Winter Soldier. That’ll teach me that I don’t know squat 😆
  • MrKasadyMrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Jumping back to a newer character just pushes me further away from this game. I only have Iron Spidey at THREE covers since I don't compete in PvP. I loved them featuring older classic characters that you don't necessarily play a lot and this killed it. Bad move by D3.
  • jameshjamesh Posts: 1,380 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally got my ninth Spider-Man cover from a bonus hero pull, and the tenth from progression on The Hunt, so just scraped over the line.  I don't know if I'd be able to repeat that with Wiccan, even with the extra 2 weeks grace from a 5* release.
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Looks like we missed the update for Ghost: 

    #14) 07/12/2018:
    Featured: Ghost (Quantum Thief) 
    Latest Essential: Nightcrawler (Classic)
    Classic Essentials: Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy), The Punisher (MAX)
    Thanks for the easy copy/paste!

    jamesh said:
    Editing because I missed the Emma Frost announcement thread.

    It looks like the next lot will be:
    • Featured: Emma Frost (Astonishing X-Men)
    • Latest: Spider-Man (Infinity War)
    • Classic: Ant-Man (Scott Lang), X-23 (All New Wolverine)
    So that throws the old pattern out the window.

    Yeah I have no idea what they’re doing now. My Spidey is champed so I’m good there but if they end up doing Wiccan then Ghost I won’t be so lucky. 

    My guess is that is exactly what will happen.

    I think Spidey is the next feeder (Black Suit most likely). 

    I think around the next 4* release we will see Wiccan featured as a PVE and PVP prize and he will be essential for SHIELD. He may or may not be made a feeder for someone too (Strange? Though Mordo is the better choice). 

    Why you ask?

    1. They like giving us feeders for characters we don’t have lots of covers for (less double dipping on prizes)

    2. The PVP/PVE will be more competitive as we compete to get enough covers to allow us to progress in SHIELD Training. 

    Overall they get higher player engagement and give out less rewards all in one fell swoop (shout out to Vulture). It’s genius. I have a feeling our gravy train is over. I wonder if the boss event new releases are a wrap too. Funny both happened simultaneously- and it SEEMS they’re putting the clamps on the cover flow we were enjoying (more data needed obviously... stay tuned). 
    Well we just had Wiccan/Ghost back to back in PVE so maybe they won’t be the next shield training essentials or feeders after all. Super curious to see what’s next. 
  • jameshjamesh Posts: 1,380 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, it'll be another two weeks until we find out: there's no SHIELD Training for 5* releases.

    I'm hoping that they consider the last run a failure and go back to the old system, since my Wiccan isn't looking that much better than he did 2 weeks ago.  Ghost would be fine though, given how many opportunities there's been to buy/earn her covers.
  • jameshjamesh Posts: 1,380 Chairperson of the Boards
    When they broke the pattern to feature Spider-Man, they offered him as rewards for both story and versus events just before.  They haven't done anything similar for Wiccan, so I am guessing (hoping) that he's not going to be featured next.

    It's quite possible that the characters chosen will be part of this "first 10 years" promotion though.  Here's my guess with no other information to back it up: Shuri, Winter Soldier, and War Machine.
  • jameshjamesh Posts: 1,380 Chairperson of the Boards
    And it looks like that's exactly what we got:
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Nebula (8/23/18) *New Update*
    Required Characters:
    4-Star: Nebula, War Machine, Shuri, Winter Soldier
    Glad I don't need to chase Wiccan so hard just yet.

  • Ares76Ares76 Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Hulkbuster again? I didn't see this coming! But fortunately I don't need to level him up to 209 because Kate Bishop is one of the few 4-stars I don't have 10 covers of. And then...there's also the problem of waiting for my account to be restored.
Sign In or Register to comment.