Recent Server Outages (1/4/19)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

As many of you are aware, there were recent server outages that spanned several hours. We had initially sent every affected player 250 Hero Points and 5,000 Iso-8, however we were also aware of the impact the outage had on the Prodigal Sun event.

Due to the influence this had on players' participation in the event, we wanted to make sure that everyone received the appropriate rewards for participating. As such, we have sent everyone various rewards based on rank. Please review the chart below for more details:
(Please note that this applies to all S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels.)

Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

Comments

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow, that is pretty nice compensation! Thanks!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you very much for doing this.  Great job. 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Punter1 said:

Nice compensation. 

But isn't it a little backward to offer those higher up the better rewards?  The people who actually got affected by the outage ended up lower down the table so both get punished by lower rewards and missing out on the better compensation!

This
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punter1 said:

Nice compensation. 

But isn't it a little backward to offer those higher up the better rewards?  The people who actually got affected by the outage ended up lower down the table so both get punished by lower rewards and missing out on the better compensation!

For PVE in s1 not really. I was in 2nd before the outage and would have ended there and ended in 10th place overall.  So I think this is very good considering it is very hard for them to see every S1 bracket and figure out where people would hav ended. I had 17 minutes and an ally mate had 19 minutes.  So this is the best they could do. 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This was unexpected as we had already received some iso and tokens, but this is very much appreciated, as I have been gifted the exact green cover I needed to complete my iron fist that has been stuck on 5-2-5 for oh so very long. Thankyou very much.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    Options

I don't disagree - blanket compensation is way clearer and easier to administer.  However, if I'd been affected and finished 21st I'd be pretty frustrated!

There is an argument though that if you finished T5 you were either unaffected or actually positively affected due to others misfortune so they'd miss the bonus.

That being said - given the amount of compensation at 2LT being higher than 99% of all PVE placement rewards they kinda need to do it blanket.

Less clear but perhaps more "fair" would be to offer everyone the rewards difference from 1 or 2 prize ranks higher.

• vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rocket is correct. If you were doing well enough to be in top 5 / top 10 / top XX an outage affecting the end grind in one sub isn't going to drop you out of top 20 / top 50 / top YY. 

This compensation basically gives everyone the benefit of the doubt and gives them the necessary rewards to bump them up to the next reward tier. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Also - if this is the way forward - can we have more Server Outages please... this is now perhaps the easiest route to more LT!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow! Nice unexpected bonus! I usually only play for t50 so finishing 18th paid major dividends this time.

This will probably be forgotten by most in a week, but we should try to remember it when people complain about how stingy the devs usually are.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How odd that compensation was based on placement.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm in absolute shock right now. Very generous. I'm sure we'll pay for it later but for the time being thank you very much! 
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for the extra rewards.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thanks for the goodies
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for helping me champ Cable  B) 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for the generous compensation.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you very much for the generous compensation! 
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Very generous compensation, thank you!.  I was a little "inconvenienced" by the connection outages but I appreciate what seems to be, mind maybe a few exceptions, a more than appropriate compensation.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I finished 15th despite missing out on points in the Washington DC portion. (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76730/why-am-i-short-on-points-prodigal-son-washington-dc#latest).
    Wouldn't have had enough points to make the top 10 even with a correction, so I'm grateful I played it out and finished where I did.
    Thanks!